Jump to content

AliveBoy

Members
  • Posts

    6,670
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by AliveBoy

  1. The R32-34 gtr's were an example of down rating the awesome power they actually had!
  2. This is when I like the american way of doing things, take one illegally parked car blocking a fire hydrant, one house fire and the need for water... Full story: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2601279/Why-NEVER-park-hydrant-Boston-firefighters-smash-BMW-windows-feed-hose-reach-8-alarm-fire.html
  3. I forgot possibly the best one was when I was in the swimming pool underwater and decided to try and open my eyes for the first time: To my surprise, it was all fine! No stinging, no nothing, just felt normal. In fact, so normal I then started to breathe normally whilst underwater... Yeah, don't do that kids. :surrender: :surrender: Did you die?!
  4. This made my day! Not the injury, just you with guns and home made knuckle dusters xD I can laugh about it now as it was such a stupid thing to do. I had my foot on the block whilst I tried to drill the holes through, first hole snagged and the block just broke free of my foot spinning round like a crazy f**ker before flying off the drill bit into my shin. Still got a nice scar on my right shin as a reminder not to try that again. I remember at school the first (and only!) time I left the chuck key in a pillar drill by accident, luckily it didn't hit me, but the distance it flew scared the **** out of me! I can only imagine the force of that hitting you in the leg!
  5. You can't prevent everything. Everything is done on risks. Damage potential x likelyhood to occur = risk rating. So yes it could be severe but if the chances of it are really low, then no real need to do anything about it. We can't wrap everything up in cotton wool, otherwise life would be boring. Tyre wall would have stopped it very easily. All tracks should be surrounded by them. Tyre walls can do more damage than good, there's reports of cars ending up under them when they hit at massive speed, cars hitting them and then flipping, etc etc. They also sling MASSIVE parts of cars into the crowd, two tyres flying 50ft into a crowd at 100mph could be more dangerous than a car going over a fence 10 feet at 30 mph unfortunately. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-27836/Call-safety-review-F1-tragedy.html HUGE gravel traps can stop most things, unless the car goes in sideways or bounces and catches air underneath it. The safest way to avoid a crash is not race. Unfortunately over a ton of metal is very hard to control/predict when it crashes in a motorsport environment, as there's way too many variables.
  6. Do you warm her seat before or after ahe gets in the car Sent from the golf club... Before, keeps her happy, which keeps me happy
  7. Sounds like BMW owners being cheapo's backing up not spending out on some other rubbish. If you get proper lowering springs they will have a harder spring rate to compensate for the reduced amount of travel in the shock. The problem I've heard of on other cars is that people buy cheap springs which have the same spring rate as the originals, they're just shorter. Doing this means that the shocks are very bouncy with less room to travel so it could potentially cause issues I guess.
  8. Well then I've learned something about myself today
  9. Something better than a bathtub to use supposedly is an old chest freezer, keeps the water temp reliable, is watertight and you can obviously shut it when needed and the depth is constant all over. You can also get them for fairly cheap as you don't need it to actually freeze stuff
  10. But if I said: Never say I bet that chilli sauce isn't that hot. I'm white so I can handle more than you. I'd be in the stink?
  11. Elin and I have a deal, so long as her seat stays heated, I can do what I like to the car It can be bumpy and noisy as hell, stink like clutch and burned rubber, but on those early mornings all she cares about is the warm seat
  12. This was only last Summer I think, but fairly recently. No changes were made they just replaced the catch fencing. The car actually went through the catch fencing and over the Ambulance gate. 2011 according to the upload date I'd presume they would have changed either the banking, or the design of the fence, a lot of places have them like this I think: So that the cars can't go over and through the gap
  13. That's a little bit racist no?
  14. Old news, he's been arrested now: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2666093/Teenager-17-arrested-jumping-businessmans-brand-new-250-000-McLaren-posting-pictures-Facebook-causing-hundreds-pounds-damage-bonnet.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490
  15. At least there wasn't a polo on the track Glad everyone is ok, could have been much worse, and I feel really sorry for everyone involved with the build of those cars, the hard work which goes into them is huge Edit: just noticed the couple running out of the way, that was really close! I bet there have been changes to that area of fencing in the years since!
  16. Looks like the value of my manual 350 diff just went up
  17. Equally bad to "Watch this" is "One last lap" I did that a few weeks ago and it was when my clutch went Turns out I was lucky, as blowing it at the track not on the way home gave me time to find solutions to getting home from Holland
  18. Change the diff ratio would be easiest Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
  19. If you want it to carry bikes, see below: http://www.350z-uk.c...1391-bike-rack/ http://www.350z-uk.c...-re-bike-racks/ http://www.350z-uk.c...ck-for-350-370/ http://www.350z-uk.c...es-2-bike-rack/ http://www.350z-uk.c...e-rack-options/ http://www.350z-uk.c...ack-for-my-zed/ http://www.350z-uk.c...-rack-on-a-zed/ http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/86660-bike-rack-for-350z/ If you want to carry ladders, I probably wouldn't. If you want to carry tyres, you can do it without a rack:
  20. AliveBoy

    my lady !!

    In agreement with 2 other wise people, Japspeed stickers need to go It's like walking around in this:
  21. Shining Monkey 360 detailer, not just because I'm friendly with the brand either, it's amazing and protects the vinyl without changing the colours/marking the vinyl. It's showing as sold out on their site though. http://www.shiningmonkey.co.uk/shop/4579423065/ken-block-360-matte-paint-vinyl-wrap-detailer/6566251
  22. I can't help with most of it, except to say that the MOT tester must have been a right special one: Engine covers fitted obscuring some components in the engine bay There's not much extra covering in the engine bay you'd be able to do! Nissan cover it all from standard
  23. That used to be a honda NSX! It did terribly at pikes peak last year, possibly even crashed if I remember rightly!
  24. you said we seem to specialise in doing it bad place bad time, I was merely meaning that I'd say the freeway outside LA at 4pm is worse than outside ace cafe fairly late into the evening. Not that I'm belittling what the guy in the R33 did, he's a knob and I just wish he hit a concrete pillar instead of someone else's car.
  25. Ive long said a VQ35 in an S13 would be a superb combination, 1100KG and 310ish HP is what the Zed always should have been. So long as you don't then put the CA18 into the Z, I'd agree (and for the record, I am aware the the CA can be a very reliable, powerful engine if treated properly )
×
×
  • Create New...