Jump to content

KyleR

Members
  • Posts

    7,614
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by KyleR

  1. cheap as chips and should fit ontop of the OEm gearknob if yours is a little worn out. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NISMO-6-SPEED ... 19cffef165
  2. I may have been interested if all the tires matched, assuming they've made a mistake when noting down the size of the rear tires and they are actually 245's
  3. Hijack time! What about MPG loss with "performance" filters like the JWT pop charger for example?
  4. Use this calculator and try to keep the rolling distance/circumference as close to OEM as possible. http://www.alloywheels.com/Tyre_Calculator OEM front - 225/45/18 OEM rear - 245/45/18
  5. Higher than black against white?
  6. Over here in NI non GT's with sub 50k are being advertised for £5695 and staying on the market for quite a long time. Hopefully you'll have better luck on the mainland, though.
  7. I would've thought the best thing for you to do would be to set up a multi car policy with Admiral with your NCB on the ZED, hubby as named driver and then insure the Fiat with no NCB and daughter as named. Don't worry about the insurance company thinking you might be trying to pull wool over their eyes. That's not their problem unless there is a claim, then they will investigate and see you're not
  8. This is extremely weird for me and may or may not be an explanation as to what happened with you. I phoned on 2nd March to insure my Zed. First I had to cancel another policy with the Primera on it and then take out a multi car as that would end up being cheaper. So they cancelled the Primera policy and then started a new 12 month multi car policy with the Primera and Zed. Still following? Right ok... At the start of April I got 2 emails in regard to the Primera. Both emails were 100% identical except for the policy number. One email was the new multi car and the other was the old single car policy for the Primera. The emails said there seemed to be a problem with the registration and to check it is correct as it appears that this car (the Primera) may be insured on another policy with Admiral or another company. The reg was correct on both policies. So I called them up to see what was going on, explained about the emails etc. They came back to me after 20 seconds and told me that there had been an error and the old policy hadn't been cancelled after all. It was quickly rectified and they're refunding me extra months premium they had taken at the end of March. So, is it possible that they cancelled your policy instead of mine on 2nd March? Maybe the policy numbers were similar?..
  9. If you don't pay the premium in full with Admiral they'll add about 50% on top for monthly payments. But with a quote like £236, I presume there won't be a problem paying the lot.
  10. Tax disc was missing when I bought mine but the car still had 4 months tax left and the DVA said I couldn't even apply for a duplicate because it wasn't me who purchased the tax last year. Had to call the seller to get him to sort out a new one, yet the DVLA say you can get a refund? Bureaucracy!
  11. KyleR

    Idle rpm.

    Yes, it's great for condensation, but I turn it off after the window has cleared.
  12. Is this going to replace the Bose? I have one in the house, but it doesn't fit the Bose enclosure. More like 10.5-11" is needed I think as the OEM Bose has quite a bit lip fitted for fitment.
  13. KyleR

    Idle rpm.

    Also, hence why they say using air con at slow speeds uses up 10-20% more fuel and recommend opening the window instead and only using AC if traveling fast as the open window does more damage to the MPG...
  14. You'll find that on some because of people opening the door with keys in their hand or wedding rings, same for the drivers door control panel. I had a silver art pen that was almost a perfect paint match so touched up with that.
  15. Even if running 97+ gave 1mpg more, that's around 4% more for 2.5-3% more money. Makes sense in my book.
  16. If you lived in NI i's do a straight swap of all your orange leather for my black. I love the orange
  17. KyleR

    New Seats

    Nice Although my taste would have had me make the centre section a bit lighter
  18. I always enjoy the drive from Warrenpoint to Newcastle. It's very similar to that, but a bit shorter.
  19. 30mph in 6th?
  20. It still has a weird fat ass doesn't it? It wouldn't stop be buying it if I had the cash and it's definitely better looking than the 350.
  21. 8pm? ie. during the 2nd leg of the Champions League Semi final? hmmm, I think i'll pass
  22. The prices are remarkable. I haven't searched around to check if that site is the cheapest or average etc, but OEM are £144 each from the dealer!
  23. That's ^^^^^ the first time i've actually seem the 370 roadster, never thought of looking one up and I have to say it's much better looking than the 350... although i'd like to see it from the rear as I don't like the 350's.
  24. Filled to the throat with BP 97, reset the computer and about 10 miles later was reading 48mpg, was hoping for over 50 to get a photo op But as others have said. You can get 30-35 on motorway which is fine, but if like me most of your driving is stop start or low speed limits, you'll be hanging in the low 20's. I average just over 22 with the odd squirt of the throttle out the roundabouts.
  25. Now there's an idea! Top Gear test track, 350z's (although might only be the JDM in GT5?) totally stock on soft road tyres...
×
×
  • Create New...