-
Posts
2,628 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by cs2000
-
Got a lowered car but can't find the right pet?
cs2000 replied to mattross1313's topic in Off Topic Discussion
Rear legs need spacers, they go in towards its belly, would be ultimate stance kitty then -
Odd things can interfere with the keys too, the keys themselfs have a very short range or around an inch and are directional, however WiFi, Overhead power cabled and cordless phones can interfere. I know of people who have had to tow their car away from a street because it wont respond to the remove, move it a few 100m a way and it works fine. Could be the same for you. If youre anywhere near Suffolk I can try and help you, I did mine yesterday with a new key ive bought on my 2nd try. One thing I noticed is that although the indicators flash to say your in programming mode (and to confirm the keys have been added) the indicator lights on the dash don't, you have to listed for the relay clicking over on the passenger side.
-
1. elfman (possibly, someone would need to PM him to confirm) 2. garethkd1 3. robin c 4. K370Z2 5. Dogfather 6. Badgeronimous 7. apcarter 8. bakseedaa Corrected the list a bit.
-
cant blame them for trying, ironic non the less
-
553bhp & 465 lb/ft 370Z Full Amuse with Greddy Twin Turbo
cs2000 replied to Adrian@TORQEN's topic in Member Build Projects
yeah, they look nice -
Just a quickie. The standard key has 2 elements, one doesn't require a battery, this is the important one. The battery powered part of the remote lock/unlock, codes in here will be lost if no power is supplied for 1-2 mins, these can be recoded at home (pedal dance) The actual part that starts the car is a small plastic chip stuck separately on the corner of the key housing, this has no power at all as its an RFID style chip. Its "powered" by the NATS antenna which circles your ignition ring which reads the code, checks if its valid and disabled the immobiliser. You could leave the battery out of the key for 10 years and this code wouldn't be lost. These cant (generally) be coded at home.
-
Possibly at some point. I couldn't find a supplier of the reflector units that were priced well. As in, less than £20.00. Cheapest I could find was about £45.
-
Of course, il get the reflectors ordered first thing tomorrow
-
Replacement Key - could someone sanity check this for me?
cs2000 replied to Pixellated's topic in 350Z Technical
To buy a consult III yes, but im looking at software called Nissan Data Scan that can do it assuming you have the NATS code. Its essentially 95% of what the Consult system can do, but for less than a tenth of the price. I have bought some software similar to the SuperCode, but this needs data from the imobiliser control unit. From my digging, this is attached to the ignition barrel. Pixellated, if you can find your BCM serial number (and tell me where it is!), il buy the other pieces of software and get you the NATS code, I need it too really. -
Claying it then then a decent polish should work. Surely, unless the bird poo'd sulphuric acid, it wont have marked the paint yet. Ive left poo on their in the summer heat for a week orso before (I know ) and it comes off. If its really bad, a proper cutting compound on a DA should get it out, but I doubt its THAT bad.
-
Sadly not, few hundred a pop.
-
I guess the first step would be to take off the part of the dash and see if the buttons plug is still connected/no wires damaged. If all checks out there possibly a faulty switch?
-
Replacement Key - could someone sanity check this for me?
cs2000 replied to Pixellated's topic in 350Z Technical
Simpler to buy this (as I have) http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121123352427?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649 Is the correct model number that you need and comes with a new transponder. Pairing to the car is easy but this only does the central locking, im looking into buying software and the hardware to code these keys myself which will allow the key to start the car. NATS code should be on a metal key-tag attached to the "valet" key. Nissan can provide it I think, as can a piece of software called Supercode -
Haha, having done that a couple of times on my Celica, I NEVER want to do it again. The end result was great, but the hassle isn't worth it, plus I could never get one of the lights sealed again properly.
-
350Z - Has anyone please got any cheap tips to moderise?
cs2000 replied to timb2010's topic in 350Z Modifications
Cheap is fine but try to get proper surface mount versions rather than the bulb shaped ones, when you buy the sidelights & indicators try and get a pack of 5-10 as a few will probably blow. I bought 3x packs of 2 and 3 of them blew before I found two that lasted more than a few weeks, they have been on the car for 6 months now Sidelights: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10x-White-T10-SMD-1W-w5w-501-194-Car-LED-Licence-Plate-Side-light-Bulbs-UK-STOCK-/380694523294?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item58a3296d9e Indicators: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-5-SMD-LED-ORANGE-AMBER-INDICATOR-SIGNAL-TURNING-SIDE-LIGHT-BULB-T10-W5W-501-/221051697118?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3377b537de With the reverse/fogs, these are great as the lens sends plenty of light backwards whilst the sideways LED's make sure the cluster is illuminated fully. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-Pcs-White-T20-CREE-5-LED-Car-Canbus-Light-Lamp-Bulb-4W-12-24V-/370733963858?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item5651775a52 the only downside is theyre not cheap. As for the dome lights These work great http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10x31mm-6-SMD-3528-LED-Car-Interior-Festoon-Dome-Pure-White-Light-Lamp-Bulbs-12V-/111138704574?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item19e0620cbe and the sun visor bulbs are a bit harder to acquire, but these are what I have http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WHITE-Festoon-29mm-Fuse-bulb-3-SMD-LED-Sun-Visor-Vanity-Mirror-Light-6641-6614F-/200939861663?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2ec8f2f69f There seems to be some Hong Kong sellers selling these now too, but cant comment on those since I havnt bought them. I also sell LED front reflectors in black or clear http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/70643-350z-de-drl-reflector-leds-gauging-interest/ Just 2 notes however. The resistance of LED's are a huge amount lower than the standard bulbs, the LED's in the dome light will stay dimly lit (can only be seen at night time) at all times. This has practically zero effect on the car however with my car sometimes being stood for 10 days without moving and it fires up perfectly every time. Second, be VERY careful inserting the bulbs into the dome light clips. If you short circuit them you could damage the BCM. Just line the bulb up and press it into the clips in one nice movement, try not to let it keep tapping the clips. And definatly get the stubby aerial from Tarmac, don't bother with the eBay versions, you will end up with a good looking aerial that cant pick up any radio stations. -
Hey all, after sitting aside for a few months I have decided not to fit this to my Zed as I like the OEM Bluetooth functionality. This is a JVC KW-XR411 stereo that I had fitted into my Toyota Celica for the last 6 months I owned it. It was bought brand new from Halfords for £179.99. Pretty decent little system the is Blue illuminated like this All works perfectly fine. I had a 8GB USB stick plugged into the unit 99% of the time and played my music from there, but the AUX in, CD and of course radio all work lovely. It comes with the fitting screws required as well as the harness for the back which hasn't been cut or modified in any way, all you will need to buy is an adaptor to convert the Nissan plugs to the standard ISO format from eBay. The rear of the unit has the sockets required for adding a SUB to the system which I also had on my Celica and again it works lovely. It is also steering wheel remote ready with the correct socket on the back for an adaptor. If you have any questions about it just post them below, I've never changed the stereo from the 350Z, but I have fitted this in the Celica. Im asking for £45.00 ONO delivered as these are currently selling for around £100 on eBay.
-
Grey Jap Import outside Oracle House of Fraser Reading
cs2000 replied to 370Ad's topic in Spotted or Flyered
He is obviously always late and in a hurry! Haha We all know burnouts are to attract ladies, not for speed. Haha Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Thought that was handbrake turns (not that the zed can do those, thanks bloody useless handbrake...) -
350Z - Has anyone please got any cheap tips to moderise?
cs2000 replied to timb2010's topic in 350Z Modifications
As for LED bulbs, you can get them in the side repeaters and sidelights (both W5W bulbs) Reverse and fog lights (T20 irrc, buy them both white, the fog light has a red filter in the bulb housing) and that's about it. I tried many types of bulbs but I cant find any that fit into the very small holes/tight spaces for the indicators on the front or rear of the zed, have to stick with standard bulbs for these sadly. Then buy some newer style LED rear lamps and you're all set. On a separate note, you can (as I have) upgrade the internal dome light and the vanity mirror bulbs all to LED too. -
I broke the BCM on my celica once so always wondered about this repair for if I ever did it on the Zed, thanks for posting it. Hopefully not, but maybe il use it in the future!
-
If a 4x4 wants in, then let it in....
cs2000 replied to BulletMagnet's topic in Off Topic Discussion
haha now that is payback! -
This would make me want to kill everyone at the insurers in question,,,,,,.including the tea lady Cant believe this is still being discussed! lol. In the end I did tell them about it. As usual Admiral had fcked up and although the claim was closed they still had it open on the central system so when Adrian flux asked me about it they were baffled as to why I said I have had my car fixed and received compensation already when the central database showed the accident as open still. Regardless, Adrian flux closed it I believe and have a record of it anyway. Insurers do just want to extort cash from you however. This May (just passed) I finally got to remove the 3 speeding points from my license that I acquired 4 years ago. Despite this, when it comes to renewal in march next year im still going to have to declare these points as they want to know details about the past 5 years! so whilst the points are only valid as a conviction on your license for 3 years, removed from the license after 4, you have to "pay" for them for 5.
-
haha, didn't see photo #3 coming in that line up. Not a lambo fan (as in, I wouldn't buy one) but still lovely to behold! I'm still wqith the Zed, so have nothing more to contribute.
-
Cheers mate Updated list for other people to follow. 1. elfman (possibly, someone would need to PM him to confirm) 2. garethkd1 3. robin c 4. K370Z2 5. Dogfather 6. Badgeronimous 7. apcarter
-
Funny, me and the GF were looking at one of these a few weeks ago. Decided to put down an order for the Vauxhall Adam however, just seems more grown up interior wise. The 500 does have a cheeky appeal to it however