Jump to content

cs2000

Members
  • Posts

    2,628
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by cs2000

  1. But that's what I mean when I say driving to the conditions. At that point, there was clearly too much snow or ice on the ground to enable the safe operation of the car, and you shouldn't have been driving it. Winter tyres help, no doubt, but they're no substitute for common sense. No offense meant! If you live in an area where there's lots of snow often, then a cheapy FWD or 4x4 shed is the way to go. If you live in the south where we only get a few bad days here or there, just leave the car at home. TBH, I see your point now. I know Bulletmagnet uses his zed all year round, swaps to winter tyres (maybe wheels) when its cold enough and he's said before at the amount of range rovers etc he just drives by whilst they're driving on standard tyres. The winter tyres will last years. I have them on the car normally by now, until march/april time, then swap them back again. Barely took the paint on the treds off them last year before they came off again and were stored in the garage. I think where we live at least a winter car is a little OTT, but winter tyres is just good preparation. Do people really turn TC off in the snow?? I can understand (and fully appreciate) how it may cause issues with getting away sometimes, but surely its a good thing to have enabled when driving on a slippy surface, does disabling it also disable the ESP, id definitely want that to stay on as it helps when breaking on slippery surfaces.
  2. Very good price for some mint wheels like that. One day I will have a set. Sadly with Christmas/garage/life I cannot afford these but don't see them being around for long. GLWTS
  3. Glad to hear they arrived mate
  4. I have a Powerflow on mine. Wasn't fitted by me, however I did do it on my previous car. Id always go with them. You can pick all the different tips you like, choose the sound& size of the back box and have it all positioned correctly, whever you want it within reason, and if you go back every year for the inspection theres a lifetime guarantee, which they do actually honour as a family member has used it. He has a small hole and they replaced the entire pipe section. Never see the point paying £800+ for an off the shelf system tbh..
  5. mmmmm no. Last winter I had RE040's on the rear (yes, not the best tyre, but they're black, round and expensive, therefore the same as every other tyre in this logic) and I couldn't even pull away with NO throttle at all, just slowly letting out the clutch caused wheel spin and then T/C kicked in. And I live on an estate with probably 1000 people, fairly populated area. Bought some winter tyres and all was well. Snow went the very next day but hey-ho, they're sat in the garage waiting for average temps to drop lower.
  6. Hey guys, I have just been told by Chubster that he now doesn't want to update so his set it now available, List updated below, but wanted to offer some advice for any disk read issues. I have a spare set of DVD's I kept for myself incase I ever get a 370, been trying this on a friends car and have found the following. If you get the error message about wait 5 mins and try again, I discovered that if you switch the car off & leave it for the minimum of 5 minutes before resuming the install, it hardly updates at all before the error message reappears, but if you leave it for longer (eg 30 minutes) it often installs a much larger chunk from the CD. No idea why but it does. Some people have even left the DVD sat in the drive overnight and then it completes Perhaps the DVD drives (or my dvd's... ) are a little on thecheap side as it seemed to work better once the sun had gone down, obviously this would lower internal drive temperatures and components would shrink ever so slightly. SET1 - With AJRFulton (cannot seem to get hold of him) SET2 - With mike89 SET3 - With Chubster (ready to go) SET4 - With GIXXERUK asked to post to cmp99
  7. well, looking at that list, id say GIXXERUK has a set.
  8. Il add you both to the list @N4eay - No sadly it doesn't as adding these requires extra hardware to stop rapid flashing. All you get are the side repeaters (indicator wise) no front or rear ones.
  9. Thanks guys SET1 - With AJRFulton SET2 - With Thor31 Posting to mike89 SET3 - With Chubster SET4 - With GIXXERUK (ready to go)
  10. 100% illegal. The only colours of lights you can show from the front, side and rear of the car are the ones that are already there. Blue is reserved for emergency vehicles. Green can be paramedics, although they tend to use blue. Red can only be shown from the rear White must be shown from the front only Orange from the side only.
  11. I am a massive fan of auto boxes, but I am/will be looking for a car, maybe a 370, with flappy paddles. What with this type of tech coming from F1, it cant be all that bad.
  12. Id suspect phone or jack related
  13. I find they all lift tbh, spoiler'd or not, at anything like 80+ you just have to live with it. When I wash my windows I tend to only do it below 30 orso to get a decent wipe, this is using proper PIAA aero blades.
  14. Hmm, definitely something wrong there. I canty even come up with a reason why it would do this. Randy is correct, even a 3.5mm jack with no wires will cut the sound from the iPhone. Glad your issues got sorted anyway. Think I did this when I first re-assembled, but noticed the button didn't look right before I put it back in the car. They do seem fairly easy to snag when you re-attach everything.
  15. @tommybandit - Added you onto the list mate, don't want anything money wise yet until I get this load of orders out, if that's ok with you? @hawker1986 - Im only doing a interior, exterior or full kit. If you just want those two il PM you where to get them if that's OK? @Arran - Glad yours arrived and everything went in fine Today I had most of the dome lights come, still waiting on 1 more set to complete this first batch, and the plastic pry tools. Ive placed a second order from these with a UK supplier to speed things up.
  16. Thankas for the quick updates guys. SET1 - With AJRFulton - Posting to mike89 SET2 - With Thor31 (ready to go) SET3 - With apcarter Posting to Chubster SET4 - With GIXXERUK (ready to go) Currently got no-one else waiting so if anyone does need a set, please PM GIXXERUK or Thor31 as their sets are currently ready to go.
  17. Haha, yes! just waiting on the dome light bulbs and those damn little plastic pry tools. Im hoping one of my packages at the PO is the dome lights, however parcel force have a lost a package and ive no idea what that is... Ive put in another large order of almost all of the LED's today to either use for the next load, or as backup if the lost parcel turns out to be those dome lights. Ive still got my list, just not taking any more money from anyone until this pile of jiffy bags sat next to me is sent out!
  18. SET1 - With AJRFulton - Anyone update me on this??? SET2 - With Thor31 SET3 - With apcarter Posting to Chubster - Anyone update me on this??? SET4 - With GIXXERUK need some help finding disk 1 and 3 again ...
  19. Yep, some polarised ones from Tesco's for me.
  20. As above. 1 Yes, the headlamp washers wash the headlamps, front wings, bonnet, windscreen, roof, boot and the car behind ("washing" the car behind is my new favourite game to play on absolutely anyone who is tail gaiting me. Just hold the lamp washer switch until they back off ) 2 Yes, just let the revs drop a little and it will be easier on the box and your wallet in the long run. I find going from 1st to 2nd, I come out of first, go for second and hold it against the gate, when the revs drop enough it pops in. 3 Yes, works fine with all iphones. There is a manual available for download somewhere on here with all the commands. Just get used to hearing "Pardon!?!" quote a lot.
  21. If you slide the seat Forwards you will see a screw, this holds the centre console plastics to the trabnsmission tunnel. Once you have undone this, the bade of the console flexes quite a lot and you should be able to get the locker out that way. Ive ran cabled and done wiring jobs all without removing the console totally. Luckilly its quite thin plastic so bends fairly easily. There are a few wires, mostly for the mobile phone cradle and handbrake stuff, nothing hidden though its all very much on show under there.
  22. Looks good Paul, don't see many red zeds A little update for Neetan and 14n Good news is the reflectors have arrived. Bad news is they're stuck at the post office. Sadly due to me working far from my house im out the door by 7:30AM and back at around 6:30, Royal mail only open from 9Am until 5:30 so il have to collect them at the weekend. This means I should be able to post on Monday for you to receive a day or two later Ive got plenty of spare diodes in case I have any failures, but I have already tested them so fingers crossed.
  23. No-ones got them yet I have a pile of orders sat next to me but im waiting for the Festoon bulbs to arrive before I can get the first batch out. Im posting Arran's set tomorrow as I had 1 spare set of dome lights from when I was researching the necessary LED's, the others im really hoping turn up, everything else it bagged, in enveloped, instructions printed, all ready to go...
  24. These, from 20M away are essentially the exact same car. I love cars and even I struggle unless I get a good look at one! Il admit to quite liking the new shaped Audi TT's, but id never buy one. The old ones can burn in hell. I would have an R8 though...
  25. I do quite like the bulge, but I also like the lines on the standard bonnet.
×
×
  • Create New...