-
Posts
2,628 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by cs2000
-
That's what I thought! Maybe its because they were on the tread limit and the Falkens aren't. They always seemed very shifty in the wet to me. Then again, im sure the RE040's on the front don't help this, but they never wear down ...
-
Congrats, like the method of telling the world too
-
Falken 453's here, have a lot more grip than the Bridgestone RE050's they replaced
-
Probably not too bad, but id guess most breakers wont split them as they're kinda required if someone wants to sell the steering wheel.
-
Hmm, not a fan, perhaps its just the video however as im usually a LED whore...
-
What did I just watch.....
-
Correct, mine does it too, as did my previous car. If you press the brakes whilst its doing it firmly harsh you will lock the wheels at 20% of the usual required strength too!
-
Mines OK, PITA to remove as the steering wheel has to be removed, they're held on with 2x screws each from the back side.
-
Hmm, looks an interesting device indeed
-
Ok, to reset... Turn car on after doing the hack, let the stereo stop making noises etc. Turn car all the way to position 0 (off) Hold the tape eject button for exactly 60 seconds, id heavily advise using a stopwatch. Let go of the button exactly on 60 seconds and turn car to position 1 (ign) Press"tape" hopefully the display should say Side1 and shouldn't be clicking/making any weird noises. Did you also remove the slider and the reset spring as the guide suggests (I did).
-
Didn't know you were from round these parts Anyway, that's a ridiculous burger! haha
-
Weird, clearly been some damage done. When I did mine I had the soldering iron set too high and essentially removed the copper tracks from the board I ended up turning down the heat and soldering onto the appropriate contacts an inch above where shown in the photo, the solder blobs that are already there are all labelled with white writing, I simply re-melted those, added a bit more and bobs you're uncle. I also use a small cutting when and removed the tracks on the PCB as suggested to cut down on noise, if either of you have done that is there a chance you've cut another track too? Above all, the reset is VERY fiddly, the timing has to be absolutely, almost millisecond perfect otherwise it does nothing. Ive had to reset mine twice over the 6-7 months ive done the hack (don't push the tape eject button....) as the desk just starts mating noises, and it takes me somewhere around 305 tries to get it every time.
-
added to the list mate Thanks.
-
Petrol fuel system cleaner any use for zed ?
cs2000 replied to fairladyz2013's topic in 350Z General
What, to sea foam the car? If so that's very expensive. It's a £14 can of chemicals and 30 min job that's very easy. -
I used this and last months box just now. I must say, the nanolex QD is in another league to my megs stuff, and in opne of the boxes theres a white Sealant, it gives a hell of a gloss once polished up. The wax is VERY hard work, but results look good
-
Added you onto the list Got all the bulbs today aside from dome lights and vanity bulbs Need to wait on those sadly.
-
Brill, thanks for the update guys. SET1 - With Lambo Posting to mike 89 SET2 - With bakseedaa Posting to Thor31 SET3 - With apcarter Posting to Chubster SET4 - With GIXXERUK @Chubster, he works in the armed forces of some variety I believe so may not always have access to the net.
-
I never found the need to use anything special on my gloss roof wrap. I just wash it with regular shampoo, wax it with whatever wax im using and then use QD as a finish. As long as the wax is decent (not something like turtlewax) you wouldn't have issues leaving white marks on plastic (or vinyl for the matter)
-
@mike89, Can you PM Lambo please, he should have the last spare set at the moment And no worries about the Disks SET1 - With Lambo Posting to mike 89 SET2 - With bakseedaa Posting to Thor31 SET3 - With apcarter Posting to Chubster SET4 - With 370Mike Posting to GIXXERUK When any of you get the Disks, let us know and also how you get on so others can see when they become free.
-
Petrol fuel system cleaner any use for zed ?
cs2000 replied to fairladyz2013's topic in 350Z General
Fluke, I did it in my driveway. You really don't get much smoke out the rear until you nail the pedal, there is smoke yes, but not terrible. Id give it some beans somewhere else though first, as I say with mine the first time I floored it I almost stalled because of the cloud coming out of the rear, I did this down my road too -
The price begins with a 1 Alex. Sadly, as I speculated a month orso ago, its too much. Stupidly bat$@*!# crazy fast and id love one. But its as expensive as some exotic cars and I don't care if they're not as fast, id rather be rolling around in a lambo or a Ferrari than a GTR of the same cost.
-
@Thor31 - Can you please PM either Lambo or bakseedaa, they have 1 disk set each, however please let us know who will be sending your their disks so I can update the list above so we all know who has them.
-
One way around it, obviously on private property such as car parks you don't have to have any registration on at all. Unless its a council owned one as its a public car park then and not private land. Things like shopping centres, meets like Japfest etc would be good examples.
-
This sadly is why I wont ever change my plate. If mr plod is in a bad mood they can give you the above fine (or even more, upto £1000) for the slightest thing and there's NOTHING you can do about it as its in black and white, number plate laws are some of the best written construction and use laws in existence, they leave absolutely no wiggle room for what is legal or what is not. http://www.direct.gov.uk/prod_consum_dg/groups/dg_digitalassets/@dg/@en/@motor/documents/digitalasset/dg_067666.pdf Keep the correct plate size, fitted in the approved mounting location, correct font size, correct font colour, correct font, correct spacing of letters and no silly logos where the country/E.U flag should be and you will be fine. That £130 (100 fine and around 30 for the plates) could have been spent on a much better mod I must admit, I was tempted too and im sure 99% of the time you get off with a warning, but it just isn't worth the hassle. Sucks to hear you were fined though, but least its a lesson learnt. Sidenote: Some of the construction and use laws are outdated and bizarrely seem to be ignored. One regarding petrol tanks says that to be road legal, the container must be "made only of metal", I can think of several cars that break that rule.
-
Petrol fuel system cleaner any use for zed ?
cs2000 replied to fairladyz2013's topic in 350Z General
Sometimes you are correct mate! I think on very high mileage/classic car type engines I wouldn't chance it, but even on my 120k celica that hadnt ever been looked after till i got it, it did a very good job and cured my oil burning issue! Il try it on the zed, but probably not till next year what with Christmas/saving for a house/saving for a PS4 coming up