-
Posts
1,113 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by longsh07
-
new braided clutch line, but hardpipe nut rounded off... help!
longsh07 replied to wideboy's topic in 350Z General
Japex did mine along with my P3 service. They also had problems with the nut so and suggested I booked it in a week later for them to replace the pipe. When I took it back they gave it another crack and managed to get it off (thanks to soaking it in penetrating oil the previous week) so no need to replace the pipe. They also refused to take payment for replacing the hose, throwing the fitting in with the P3 service cost. A bit late now for penetrating oil but Japex could make you up a new hard pipe no problem -
Dat spoiler
-
I brought myself a 106 GTi this time last year with the intention of using it over winter and then preping it as a road legal track car over the summer. It cost me £1100 but insurance pushed that up quite a bit. It looked clean, no major MOT problems and despite having been fitted with the definition of all chavy exhausts (seriously you could fit like two maybe three 350Z exhaust tips in the end of this thing!) drove pretty well. (I took this off pretty quick by the way ) A few weeks later when the rain came, so did the first major problem, an epic leak. Having decided driving around in a swimming pool to not be a great idea I set about stripping the carpet and sound proofing (which was going mouldy and stunk, how the carpet kept this smell out of the car I do not know). Eventually tracked down the leak, got it sorted and to be fair, the car severed me very well over winter. Would I buy a car that cheap again, even as a beater? No. So my two pennies worth would be to increase your budget if you can, you are after all going to be spending a lot of time in it as a daily. The cars I looked at were all £1000 +/- £200/300 and for 8/10 of them you could tell! Up the budget a bit to nearer £2k and you could find some obviously loved cars from owners who just needed to get their cars gone for what ever reason.
-
Car wouldn't even turn over then started as if nothing was wrong..?
longsh07 replied to thedon's topic in 350Z General
Was the clutch fully down when you started the car? Wonder if the switch that registers the clutch position wasn't fully down. -
is this the zed shed?? Part 2 now added
longsh07 replied to 350 Russ's topic in Off Topic Discussion
Some of the production quality was terrible as were the jokes, but terrible in a good way :lol: Going to have to find the rest of the videos now to find out if they made it fit or not! Edit - Gutted, gotta wait until at least October. -
I got a similar stupid price from Nissan for a clutch replacement. Ended up getting clutch + fly from Alex then had Japex instal it. Pretty sure it was less than half Nissan's ridiculous price. Cant remember what fly it was but it was a dual mass one, clutch was Exedy - Well happy with both
-
Lol ok. Out of interest and slight fear, why not?
-
Hey Alex, just a quick question. When cleaning the butterfly, there is no need to do position reset unless it is moved while the car is switched on or if the throttle body is removed right? (http://my350z.com/forum/engine-and-drivetrain/502410-350z-throttle-body-reset.html) Opening the butterfly by hand for a good clean with the battery disconnected or car switched off would be fine correct?
-
Zed revs dropping and almost or fully cutting out
longsh07 replied to Flex's topic in 350Z Technical
Had this problem today (http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/75820-lumpy-idle-revs-drop-almost-to-stall/) Cleaned the throttle body and gave it a few good revs, problem solved. -
Haha! you look ever so happy rolling around on the floor covered in exhaust parts :lol:
-
Thanks Alex, I did try that and it didn't make a difference. Ended up leaving it at work then going back later and cleaning up the throttle body. Very black. Still stuttered a bit but revving sorted.
-
Problem solved. Turned out to be grubby throttle body.
-
Having some issues with my GT4. It's idling really badly, so much so it's almost stalled a couple of times. It drives ok if you keep the revs up buy when you slow down at a roundabout for example is like its going to stall (and did once). It's a new problem today and seems to have happened while its been sat in the car park at work. Pushed all the electrical connections I could get at together and checked fluids but all seem fine. Also wiped the sensor on the intake incase it was that but no joy. Any suggestions welcome...
-
Mine arrived yesterday Cheers Tarmac
-
Thats true. Anyway, light on and use the screen washer, they should fire as well, but only once. Not heard of the 5 times thing. From experience they fire once (usually first time you wash the windscreen with lights on) then if you spray windscreen, stop, spray stop around 5 times they fire on the lights again.
-
Lights must be on for them to work I believe. They also fire after you wash your windscreen (5 times?) of their own accord.
-
Glad its working, the black and yellow RCA's just go in the other red/white RCA plugs on the back of the head unit. The yellow port on the back of the headunit is for a reverse camera I believe
-
I have an AppRadio2 in mine working ok, if you can get some pics I might be able to help
-
Might be worth doing but I cant imagine it will be out my much, I never got mine checked and I dare say most others wont have either. Also the smaller nut is a new one on me, mine were all the same size
-
I have a set of Eibach 20/25s that are only a few months old. Fitted them in April but I just replaced my wheels so no longer need them. PM me if your interested.
-
I brought a Peugeot 106 GTi a little while with the intention of having a better winter car and something I can practice modifying for track use. Paid £1100 for it and have now spent nearly double that on mods/replacement parts Im actually in the process of rebuilding the rear axle which involved learning how to make up copper brake pipes after I had to cut them to get them off the car. Never expected to be doing that! Been expensive but good/worth while learning experience to be fair I used to have a Mk2 MR2 which I did some work on but the engine location can make it a bit fiddly, something like an MX5 is probably a good idea. That or any small light hatchback will be a lot of fun with a bit of weight reduction
-
That is pretty amazing, cant believe they broke some of the test equipment
-
Did I start a trend? They all look brilliant
-
Cheers Tarmac, that covers pay day so ill have a pair for my GT4 1: Missniki - DE 2: SuperStu - DE 3: Longsh07 - DE 4: 5:
-
Im interested but will depend on the closing date/when payment is due. Any rough idea before I put my name down?