Jump to content

TomS

Members
  • Posts

    1,166
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by TomS

  1. I've got one off my 54 plate. It's in gun metal but does have quite a few stone chips as it had been on the car for 35k. Can take photos of you're interested I'm in Manchester so would need to post it?
  2. Is there any way of setting the site search to default to "Forum" all the time as I keep searching the site, getting no results then realising I'm only searching the current topic or 'Home'.
  3. Same issue I have, a big clunk noise which the garage acknowledged but couldn't see any wear in the drop links. Will be taking it back for MOT and P3 service next month so I'm going to get them to disconnect the drop links to see if it's them. Jez, can you buy just the ball joint and not the entire arm?
  4. Looks good! Time to figure out where everything is…
  5. I think if you take it to a Nissan dealer you can get various print outs to see if launch control has ever been used, if the engine was revved highly before it was up to temperature, all sorts!
  6. Not the colour I'd go for but DO WANT. Determined to have one at some point!
  7. TomS

    Exhaust Temperature

    Any idea on temperature range?
  8. What sort of temperature does the backbox on the zed get to? Running HFC's if it makes much of a difference. Thanks
  9. If you can wait until next week I'm gonna sell mine, never use it after buying it! PM me if you want it
  10. Wouldn't bother with the O2 simulators/spacers. I bought a pair and still have the CEL appearing every few days annoyingly.
  11. When I used ABD it didn't say 'wedge fit', so I ended up buying the wrong bulbs twice. Make sure you get wedge fit and save yourself the hassle I had
  12. Feels very strange not modding the car any more, I've done everything I wanted to do and now all I can think about is getting something new Washing/waxing and polishing just isn't the same when your heart's not in it! Will be keeping it looking and running mint until it comes to sell but all I can think about is GTR! Anyone else ever have phases of falling in/out of love with their motor?
  13. TomS

    DTC error

    I've got sims fitted on my car and the code comes up every few days, I always have to check and clear it, gets tedious!
  14. GooGone from Amazon does the trick. I spent ages faffing with a hairdryer and all sorts before this stuff did it in 5 minutes!
  15. TomS

    Health Check

    Lockwood & Greenwood should have a look for you, best place to take Zeds around Manchester. Where abouts are you in NW?
  16. This is the one I bought a few months ago and it's worked every time I've used it to clear O2 Sensor codes - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001 ... 03_s00_i00
  17. I was going to book it last week but I'm now working for the whole of September so can't There's another in October I think and hopefully the weather might be decent if it's a late summer like last year!
  18. I just bought a repair kit from Buffalo Leather for £25, not had a chance to use it yet but the pack seems very well put together. http://www.buffaloleather.co.uk/
  19. Aren't Litchfields (GTR specialists) doing a warranty that includes covering any mods they do to the car? Sure it was around £1k/year which seemed reasonable. I don't think te running costs are that bad, I certainly wouldn't buy a GTR, new or second hand, on finance and then try to run it. It's definitely next on my list but only once I've got enough to buy it outright otherwise you just know it'll go tits up!
  20. PM on Driftworks if you want them, save him some eBay fees, he had them up for £375 collected.
  21. They were/are on Driftworks. I was tempted to grab them as a set of spares in case anything happens to mine.
  22. Looks really good, will definitely try this one weekend!
  23. Sheets, you need 30x100cm for each rear light. Only £15 for them and you get a scalpel to help the cutting!
  24. Ah I do that anyway to make them a bit more flexible when putting them on the lights. I replaced mine as they were getting rough round the edges as I didn't fold them round the back enough and kept catching them when washing the car.
×
×
  • Create New...