Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. Was going to say - lightened wheel nuts are noticable on a 1500kg car? At least if you dont like the CF etc you can take it off and sell it!
  2. coldel

    19" Tyres sizes

    Think TCS should be fine, the only think affecting it is the rolling radius I would have thought?
  3. Very happy with my 19s, I am not a racer on the road by any stretch of the imagination so works for me just fine ...and they are Volks Racing
  4. Parked up by the river, red lipped black Rotas as well I think i spotted?
  5. Sides too wide for my liking Spoiler is a bit wrong Overall, seen better
  6. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/02-08-Nissan-350Z-Rear-Indicator-Reverse-Clear-Lights-/380403689341 I ordered these, took 5 days, no contact from customs, what you pay is all you pay
  7. CONGRATULATIONS on the news A family is way way more important and rewarding than a Z ...but its good to have little interests other than families and babies to keep you sane
  8. When a clutch slips raw metal is grinding against the flywheel and what I saw when the car was opened up was a knackered clutch and the flywheel, which was partially worn, with huge grooves cut into it where the worn clutch had gone down to the bolts and cut into the flywheel and knackared it - if you drive the car whilst the clutch is slipping this will generally occur, which is why if it is slipping, its usually too late to save the flywheel. Well, thats what I saw on mine anways
  9. Order in the flywheel - worst thing you can do is go for a clutch change, wait around watching the labour cost go up, only for them to take a knackared flywheel out, you are then left putting a broken flywheel back in with your new clutch and back there a week later to pay for all the labour again with the new flywheel going in. Maybe chat with Alex about it, see if he can send you one over on a full refund if you dont open it/need it? Sorry Alex! If the clutch is slipping, generally that means it has already started eating into your flywheel anyway It is expensive, I bought my Zed and had an extra £1k set aside for new alloys which within a month went on clutch/flywheel/cv joint but thats what owning japanese sports cars cost.
  10. Just gone through the same thing mate, only car between us was the Zed, baby due in 3 weeks time... ...we bought a Focus in December, we started sorting out the nursery In Jan, two months before, where the Focus came into its own with it comfortably transporting chests of drawers/baby changers and the like. Really though, no need for the sensible car until a few months beforehand. That said, Becks loves the Zed, and she appreciates that its a passion of mine as I do keep it running 100% with regular check ups and wash it every weekend. She likes to go off do Yoga blah blah but thats her passion, it would be unfair if I said she couldnt waste money on that with a baby on the way in the same way she wont say I waste money on the Zed. Just means that we don't go to restaurants as often etc and actually makes us tidy up our finances!
  11. OK - going to have a go at doing this this week - whats if I drill the plate and bolt it on, will I need to remove the undertray to get behind the grill - or is it possible to reach in through the engine bay?
  12. Clever like it
  13. If you PM Alex he is pretty sharpish with responses Or go to his subforum and search through, he has priced up clutches in there, or search using search function, someone asked the same question last week and it was answered quite comprehensively with prices.
  14. Post it all, disassemble the bike, stick it in a small container with your other stuff and take the hit - got to be less hassle.
  15. Super stuff - cheered me up no end that!
  16. I missed that!
  17. Do I need to post up the pick of the chainsaw rifle again?
  18. Think my door kick panels are different to the person who wrote the guide, be damned if I can get mine off!
  19. Dubious advert - lots of 'i think' going on in the text, like he knows little or nothing about the car - is it actually his?
  20. First up, congrats Same situation here, desperately hanging on to my Zed, we ended up going for a second car and picking up an 04 Focus Ghia for £2k. Cheap as chips to run really. That said the Zed does look more and more a toy when a baby is enroute but decided I will at least hang on to it till summer so I can enjoy all the modifications I have made - maybe it will move on then - but who knows.
  21. About 4ish, gave me a nod in reply to my wave
  22. I got a stillen on my DE and it sounds STUNNING, utter bargain this
  23. I will be, but need to give the Zed a big clean up first!
  24. coldel

    ITS BACK....

    Its a stunning.....ly awful car - what technically should be referred to as a sh1t heap.
  25. Impressive. Actually makes me wonder if I could keep it for another 6 or 7 years! Would love it if I could.
×
×
  • Create New...