-
Posts
14,064 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by coldel
-
+1 on the braided lines, for the cost, a good addition - makes the brake pedal travel a lot less and sharper - bit of a faff fitting (well not really once you know what to expect).
-
Think Dave upreved his at 92k and got a decent return on it - was a zed for sale on ebay with 165k miles on it the other day, they are pretty strong engines
-
Sure spursmaddave will be along shortly to give a view, his is 100k+
-
Did the JDM lights plug straight in?
-
Yeah but now off down the post office to sort out a missing parcel - anticipating hassle - then back and off to Grasshopper, its manic in the col household this morning! Finished how anyway....shiny!
-
I think Dan conceded that the cost comparison wasn't the best and that he was picking numbers out the air somewhat - I think he chose to compare Falkens because they were well known on the forum and gave context, ironically by doing this chose a brand which people clearly feel quite strongly about. I would put Pilot Super Sports on in the blink of an eye, but as you say DBlock you have to balance cost vs capability. Falkens are probably 90% capable vs PSS which are 100% so really if you aren't tearing it up then they are more than capable for road use - and as it happened I was one of the first to comment that I didn't agree on the cost comparison, but I didn't feel like an idiot. I think the point Dan was trying to highlight was that price differences do make a difference in some cases, certainly if you start going right down to budget stuff at £75 a tyre which over the course of the last year I have seen plenty of people posting about and seriously considering it mostly I see responses such as 'Ask Ekona he is the tyre expert' - I think I would despair every time I saw another post like that come up if I were Dan - if suddenly a few posts come up saying 'so how do you use this ebay thing' and people started saying 'Ask coldel' I think I would write a sticky like this also just my tuppence worth anyway. Anyway...torch at the ready, time to wash the car see you all later guys
-
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/K-N-high-flow-intake-kit-69series-TYPOON-COLD-AIT-INTAKE-350z-NISSAN-boxed-/320833810387
-
I'm a researcher, I find stuff, I don't actually buy any of that tat
-
It may come as a shock, but my ebay feedback count is 58 Have to say I didnt have a clue about cars prior to owning the Zed, since then have learn't to vinly wrap, spray paint, install stuff on the engine, remove various parts of the Zed body shell and all sorts - certainly been fun
-
Its a well known fact black Zeds are fastest
-
Cheers pal I did knock the guy a fair bit on the asking price, but I almost deliberately bought it as it was uncared for as I saw a bit of character in it and fancied the challenge and yeah the number plate is pretty good she just needed some cleaning up really and when dyno'd got very good bhp numbers so mechanically sound. I only just realised that in addition to the above it has a new clutch and flywheel, rear cv joint, new falken 452s all round as well! Also a super service, all oils changed, belts, filters etc.
-
Yeah it looks fine, the steering wheel/display/seats are all black as well so it works nicely
-
Happy birthday Joy from Col, Becks n bump
-
I used the flyeyes stuff to cover the lights, I ripped it off for the MoT as I fancied a change anyway, you can get any shade of material, so light grey if you like. Mods on hold whilst I sort out job situation but do have an eye on changing the rear lights, I did also order new number plates but they are taking an age to arrive which is annoying. Also have my eye on some body kit - again has to wait till job issue resolved but still a bit to do yet as you say Jim!
-
Its not the most amazing Zed in the world - certainly compared to some of the stunning cars on here - but its been a lot of fun this last 11 months taking it from the mistreated dog it was to the thoroughly clean car it is today. So just to keep track of whats going on with it for my own reference thought I would grab photos and post up a thread... ...this is how it arrived, April 2011, and boy was I excited The first mod, for any self respecting Zed owner, that stubby aerial! Then some decent wiper blades, Bosch aeros Followed by some ebay badge specials And my first meet! It was then some bodywork scratches which had been 'blown over' by the unscruplious previous owner began to show through - a trip to RTPerformance then for the rear bumper Then, a turning point, some Volks GTVs appear on the forum for sale, so on a whim I go for it! Seats were looking a tad worn, so time for a bit of repair work on them - very chuffed with the outcome Interior next, centre dash looked a bit dull in my view, gear knob and handbrake a bit worn, so a Satin Black wrap for the console, momo knob and handbrake plus a sneaky D1 Spec throttle controller By now those cheapy ebay badges were wearing badly, I resprayed them but decided in the end to take them off and go for something simple on the back... ...and again thanks to RTPerformance a complete respray and some work on the front, badge removal and grille inserted Engine bay up next, had already got a nice Stillen induction kit in there, resprayed the covers, and purchased a 350z-uk slam panel plus some new engine bay washers/bolts and nismo rad and oil cap (replaced the Z oil cap in the photo) A little tidy up on the rear strut brace with some carbon wrapping and a little spraying Thats the aesthetics, now for POWER plenum spacer installed Followed by a Milltek and Berks and of course the Abbey uprev Engine power is nothing without some decent stopping power, step forward CS with some Black Diamond discs and pads all round ...and here it is now - finished, probably, well maybe...
-
super post that Dan I suppose to some degree its horses for courses as well, someone tearing it up wherever they go would benefit from PSS vs someone who drives like its sunday every day would they need PSSs, not so sure. Regarding the costing, I think comparing the costs my view is that they are somewhat irrelevant as: - Bridgestone may well do more R&D than Falken, a sunk cost that Bridgestone have to recover, however doesnt mean that Falken are massively under developed as replication of R&D is common place, I'm pretty sure Falken get by by taking apart PSSs and making something similar. - You pay for branding, like it or not, the cost is not all about the quality and build, you pay a premium on top for the Bridgestone brand, if other markets and products are to go by can be anything up to 20% So the difference I suspect is not one is twice the cost of the other if you take this into account, probably more like about 25%-50% higher - but still a noticable difference but not as marked. ..and on a common sense point, better tyres does not make for driving faster on public roads, they wont save you if you are rattling along at 100mph on a motorway or driving 10 yards behind a car at 70mph on a motorway, no matter what they are!
-
Doesnt look too bad - can see the effort thats gone in - although the wheels are too small!
-
Tarmac Sportz-official Cobra exhausts distributor
coldel replied to Tarmac@TarmacSportz's topic in Tarmac Sportz
Get some of these wasso to go with your carbon fibre tipped exhaust http://www.carbonfibergear.com/weds-sport-full-carbon-fiber-wheel/ That'll knock some weight off the car! -
Good summary that, we have numerous posts on induction vs standard air box but this is it really. I wouldn't take my Stillen off and go back to the standard box, great sound, looks fantastic in the engine bay with its very well designed heat shield and did I mention, it sounds
-
There needs to be a 'this has gotten a bit weird' thread smiley
-
Tarmac Sportz-official Cobra exhausts distributor
coldel replied to Tarmac@TarmacSportz's topic in Tarmac Sportz
well done mate -
..starting at 99p! http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-350z-Brembo-Callipers-4x-/260940150068
-
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-350Z-bluetooth-phone-adapter-/200704617620