Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. they are an acquired taste in car design - much better in the fibre-glass though than on camera!
  2. Shame you missed out on this, convertible and very erm focused... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/vauxhall-cavalier-convertable-turbo-engine-c20lep-/330960160886
  3. +1 and there are a lot of people that do for very short periods of time - when looking into these I found its not uncommon for an 8-10 year old VX/Elise with circa 50k miles on it to have had 7+ owners
  4. S2 Elise for good on road driver focus - or if you are not so badge conscious follow my lead and get a VX220 (you will all be converted soon enough!) - as far as 'driver focus' goes its a country mile ahead of the 350z. Be prepared for lack of creature comforts, the most humiliating entrance and exit of a car you will ever have to take part in, lots of rattling, dashboards that are held on with sticky tape and plenty of engine noise behind your head. But for 'driver focus and involvement' these cars are epic.
  5. Ahh maybe...I do go through Richmond sometimes I remember now, saw you passing me in the opposite direction, would have been last friday maybe, you were heading towards richmond bridge I was going the other way in my red VX220, just on the road by Waterstones
  6. Those leaky roofs are an optional extra I will have you know :-) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
  7. Im actually in Richmond sipar, pretty sure I have seen that grey 370 a few times? Yes centre kingston is awful but its a good cut through coming home from football at 10pm
  8. I had a crazy run of lights the other day in kingston - there are about 4 sets all round the one way system if you go through the town centre. As I went through each set of lights, as I was about ten feet from the line and it went amber. I was like 'oh blimey went through on amber' then again and again - it was like the lights are perfectly timed to stop and start traffic but if you find yourself in this half a second window they flick to amber as you cross the line! I find the whole thing as well about 'slowing for traffic lights' something of a farce. How slow is slow? 10mph? 25mph? And what is more dangerous, people stepping on the brakes when there is an empty road in front of them or even people lifting off the throttle so no brake lights come up at all. Surely it would make more sense if the traffic lights were simply timed to speed limit of the road ie if its a 30mph then the time the light is amber is calibrated to the stopping time/distance of a car travelling at 30mph.
  9. Any Evo at £2k is going to have cost you £5k after one year...
  10. Ah yes missed the £2k bit - although an Evo as per the picture for £2k?
  11. Evo service intervals come along every 10 days, and cost and arm and a leg Speaking to a couple of local owners it really did put me off buying one. How about a Focus RS Mazda 6 MPS (very rare!) Celica VVTLi
  12. Biggest engine I had by the time I got to 25 was a 1.6i (Ford Orion GHIA I will have you know ) - it just seems insane that people at 18 are driving VXRs and V6s (no offence to OP btw)
  13. Cars always look pedestrian on camera from the inside!
  14. Yeah I am thinking for the Ace just get there at 11 and when it starts to fill up head off so am not intruding on the 350z turf If its pouring with rain will probably not go in any case. ...wouldnt want all those Zed owners looking on jealously at our non Zeds as well Dave
  15. We can all have a chat at the Grasshopper or Ace Cafe with any luck - haven't seen you boys in ages.
  16. Ooooh thats fighting talk Mr Spurs Mad
  17. Now it looks right...
  18. Looks like good fun chaps - will have to join you next time
  19. Funny enough sudocream which we have for the baby works well haha
  20. Brilliant look like it
  21. coldel

    Exhaust

    Cobra will be your most likely option...
  22. Am a complete fan of these types of mods - good work mate
  23. coldel

    New toy

    The mods that can be done to that are utterly endless! It will have 2000bhp this time next year
×
×
  • Create New...