Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. There are miles of cycle lanes in London...and its very rare to see a cyclist in them, they prefer to be on the road. In Tokyo its an offence to ride your cycle on the road...you can ride them on the pavement instead... Every weds night I drive down priory lane in roehampton stuck behind loads of wannabe Tour de France entrants who will not cycle in the expensively installed cycle lane - so frustrating that so much money is wasted on these lanes.
  2. Some form of identity would also help with the high levels of bike theft as well. The whole emissions based taxation is bloody nonsense anyway. I am likely to do about a quarter of the yearly mileage in my VX compared to some diesel guzzling mile muncher who commutes in their car everyday. Either Tax cars flat as it was before or don't bother at all. Using emissions as a smoke screen (scuse the pun) for just a nonsensical reason to claim more tax for nothing is pathetic.
  3. Absolutely that, they can clatter into cars and do untold damage to paintwork and there is nothing you can do about it apart from trying to recover the money privately, if they havent cycled off up the pavement somewhere before you get their details...
  4. Can't see why the policeman isn't liable for the repairs, the guy was no threat, there was no need to punch the car, he wasn't acting aggressively simply telling him to get out the car because he is under arrest is the normal first point of action I would have thought...
  5. I did not know that, ta. Got my Pubuntu machine in VMWare. Knowledge. When working at home I have VMWare setup, works better on my mac than my normal windows environment on my laptop
  6. Buy a mac Ian, and elevate yourself above all these windows neanderthals
  7. But how often do you use a drive these days, I have had my mac mini over a year and never connected it to a CD/DVD drive, I have a 32GB memory stick for moving files I have to agree with Mr Wafter here - nothing comes on DVDs or CDs anymore, you can stream anything and it far safer to have backups software stored via cloud/USBs which are very large in capacity size.
  8. Bought my macbook pro in 2009 and I still have it and its going great guns. Have Office, Photoshop, and all the other main bits of software installed along with it storing about 50gb of photos and it still goes really well. Glad I gave it a go and really prefer the whole operating system over PC.
  9. Well if you are around this weekend http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/72778-grasshopper-summer-ha-meet-18th-august/
  10. coldel

    My New Ride

    The way its going its going to be an issue for the trades description act to call this site 350z-uk!
  11. coldel

    My New Ride

    My neighbours mum has a convertible one of these in the same colour. Went out in it and its a lot softer ride than you would imagine. Enjoy!
  12. But that's the point isn't it? That you want something more powerful than a tablet, but is mobile - hence the laptop? Not a fan of the keyboards on tablets, and to get accurate tracking you need a mouse or track pad. The fundamental flaw with touch screen is that you can't see under your finger I think Ian is still in awe of how my macbook worked at speed with the pictures we took when detailing my car last year
  13. Actually think that an under bonnet light might be quite a useful mod!
  14. coldel

    Advice please

    I know its way over your budget, but I got a set of Volks Racing alloys with new Falken tyres on them for £1k off someone on here. Worth hanging on and putting up with the ugly ones and grabbing yourself a bargain when they come along.
  15. coldel

    Advice please

    The Rays are pretty light anyway, I think about 8kgs each. You only have to add a couple of Kgs to this to totally throw out your handling and reduce your acceleration. I wasn't saying get expensive lightweight alloys, I was saying don't buy something heavier than you already got. If you value looks over your current performance then by all means go for it but I would definitely get them to send you the weights of these before buying. That's my tuppence worth anyway.
  16. Sorry just been trawling through my ebay history didnt buy it via that...it was over a year ago sorry!
  17. Clearly we all need to look into the US laws to know who was right and who was wrong - I'm not sure but if he is issuing a parking ticket the driver is entitled to drive away? The cop then put himself in the way deliberately. But yes, driver is a dick, cop is as quite a few are, often using excess of their powers when dealing with the public. He did lose it and throw a punch then drag the guy out the car.
  18. Was going to say with the standard back box Wasso's car sounds utterly stunning with the XYZ pipe
  19. coldel

    Advice please

    Check the weights of them - you generally in this world get what you pay for, cheap alloys tend to weigh a ton and can throw your handling out the window. Personally I would get wheels also with the right offsets that clear the calipers, never been a fan of lobbing a chunk of metal between the car and the wheel. There are plenty of options that will fit without the need for spacers, check with the traders on here for advice.
  20. Get yourself some vinyl wrap and tidy the interior up - wrap the centre console, door grabs etc. For the reflectors I just stuck a black piece of vinyl over them, 5 minute job and voila I had stealth!
  21. I also read somewhere about the battery change over time - it is like a few minutes otherwise you are left with a blanked key.
  22. Enjoy. I was like you a mechanical incompetent but after a year of Zedding had put in a plenum spacer and added side and front lip skirts all on my own Its a great car for working on, easy access to the engine, very nicely laid out in the engine bay.
  23. If we doing photos... From Zed To VX
  24. VX220 yeeeeehaaaa
  25. Two northbound, black one around 10:30am just before the A66 and a Ginger one an hour later near a place called Sandy? Also overtaken heading southbound by a silver about ten mins before reaching M25 around 4ish.
×
×
  • Create New...