Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. There in is the problem, most drivers obey the rules mostly, most cyclists don't, mostly. I am no model driver, I am sure most of us aren't but you can see those cyclists that do stick within the law must hate knowing that the big majority that take the pi$$ just end up tarring them all with a brush.
  2. Buy a 350GT? Someone linked a 350z for sale with four seat conversion on it some time ago, it looked pretty poor.
  3. coldel

    The R33

    A very sunday job, cleaning up the engine bay a bit. Also been checking the oil since purchase 3 months back as these older engines you never know, checked today...not a drop gone since I did an oil change a couple of months back Anyway, some engine bay bling...
  4. Same thing happened today! Two cars turning right, I was the second one, guy on a bike cycled at the car in front and last minute slowed almost to a stop then tried to edge out in between me and the other car turning right at the roundabout, what on earth is wrong with these people! They got a death wish? Or are they people that have never sat a driving test and do not understand the rules of the road (possibly option 2?).
  5. Gear knob posts always go that way, weight and shape over length every day mate!
  6. Depends on the car - many cat D VX220s out there simply because of a broken panel in a 5mph crash. Cars can get written off easily.
  7. *Sold*
  8. Had this kicking around for a while now in my parts cupboard, not going to install it on the R33 so offering it up to you lucky guys. I fitted something similar to my Zed, involves cutting the stitching off the handbrake and peeling back the leather OEM cover then sliding this on. Not as scary as you might think, but great upgrade on the standard skinny handbrake. £25 delivered.
  9. Nice one - did he machine polish it?
  10. One behind the seats - one under the front of the dash passenger side (I think from memory!)
  11. +1, its when cyclists are right on my tail at 30mph 'to get a kick' that boils my $#55. Absolute no win for the driver, if the cyclist hits the back of you any damage to the car is never going to get paid for by the cyclist, and invariably it will be the drivers fault somehow i.e. not giving them room.
  12. Funniest thing yesterday, mate driving us to football cutting through Richmond Park which is generally seen by cyclists in the area as just a giant outdoor velodrome. We turn right at a roundabout, and in the passenger seat i look left and see this woman on about £5k worth of carbon race bike, with absolutely no idea what to do. Clearly cyclists never give way on the little mini roundabouts in the park and she just cycled at us just staring at the car...at the very last second she just anchored up when she realised that cycling onto a roundabout with a Range Rover on it was not a good idea and just fell on her side with her clip on shoes still attached to the pedals. I just laughed, I felt guilty afterwards, but I just did. Muppet.
  13. Check the fuse first! I remember plugging something into one of mine and it killed em both on the fuses - thought they had failed but then checked and 20p later sorted...
  14. Looking good mate, hope you are keeping her clean with some pressure washer power Like that gear knob, do you know what brand it is? Where to buy?
  15. When I was a kid at school and I had to tell the class what my dad did for a job and I said car mechanic, none of those 12 year olds cared less until the next kid up told them his dad was an air force pilot or something. Now, I cannot appreciate just how much having a car mechanic in the family makes my life so much more stress free! Shame to hear this though Ian, you do wonder sometimes how the conversations at these design groups go - "well thats the engine in" "but how on earth do you change anything" "ah not our problem!"
  16. 1. Aliveboy 2. coldel 3. Crustycrab 4. Mouthwash (if the car is working) 5. Arran 6. SteveoD subject to other terms and conditions
  17. Yeah Tarmac posted it up on Facebook, it was about S2000s, so ripped it off! Didn't spot all that soft porn on my photobucket account then?
  18. 1. Aliveboy 2. coldel
  19. Lock? I think this has been well and truly debated!
  20. Although slightly cheating, watching the jet cars clear quarter mile in 3 seconds at Santa Pod was pretty impressive. Although as a ten year old didnt appreciate what the driver was going through at the time!
  21. You need to drive a lightweight then VX220 turbo is only a fag butt width behind a £10k m3 over quarter mile so straights are marginal, however pretty sure the VX could brake plenty later and exit quicker from corners and generally take the laps quicker?
  22. I think you are cheating there somewhat, I assume your 370z cost more than £10k!
  23. It to me just seems easier and safer to have the rules in place as asked for. On the Skyline forum you can stuck stuff up for sale without photos and all you end up with are members posting numerous posts asking to see pictures, which the seller then responds to via a PM, probably dozens of times, surely for the sellers sake it easier to just post it up once on the thread? I don't understand the logic not to do this it just wastes everyones time, no one is going to buy stuff blind, there might be the odd occasion but generally people like to see what they are buying. As said previously, you are getting a free space to advertise stuff for sale to targeted customers - not many places you can do that so effectively. The rules are not difficult, taking photos and posting them on hosting sites is as easy as signing up and posting on a forum - can't see how that is a problem.
  24. I love these, I am sure when looking a couple of months back there are a few for sale on the classic car ads - no surprise they don't appear on PH or the like.
  25. VX220 NA cat D + £3k supercharger kit, job done.
×
×
  • Create New...