Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. Surrey is the best county in England - good choice
  2. ...and, relax. It's Adrian!
  3. It will be a properly restored 240z I am sure...with a 5.8litre twin turbo engine in it
  4. Would love to do this - guess I need at least a driveway and/or garage before I do though!
  5. I take it you haven't seen steamed up frosted look plastic JDM headlights? Yep I have - although easily fixed. StevoD, yes the numbers quoted back then were always much lower than what they actually put out - it was quite common for imports to rock up and dyno well over the claimed numbers. That goes for most Jap cars not just the Supras.
  6. My neighbour moved down to here from Glasgow six months ago after spending 30 odd years living there - in fact he is MD of a major Scottish energy company (one which the Yes Vote campaign would like its fiscal ideals to lean on to make Scotland financially sound) yet he isn't allowed to vote! Thats the mentality of what is going on up there...huhhh. I was sooooo close to buying a GT4, was actually from a guy in Scotland, this one - seemed in good nick too.
  7. Ah I feel your pain mate - still the stuff you are doing in the meantime will keep your mind off it and then BANG before you know it that cover will be coming off and you can go barnstorming around snowy Scotland in your 4WD whooshing machine. Although if they vote yes, we might have to charge you £100000000 to cross the border.
  8. Glass headlights? Wow!
  9. What about rarity? Number of seats? Noise? The rarity factor is a good point if that's important to the individual but for some the newer fresher car at the same price is better even though more on the road so less rare. The rear seats tbh you can't really count on a supra as they a beyond a joke. Noise? As in engine sounds? They both sound good in there own way the zed sounds better stock and supra sounds better modified but then again nismo exhaust zed sounds really good aswell( liked the nismo zed sound every bit as good as my 3k BMW m performance exhaust on my e92 m3) Seats are great if you are a couple with a young child - kids slot in no problem Engine sounds - well its subjective, I like the turbo sound on my R33, and then the blow off noise (which I hated at first but love it now) - adds a whole new element to the theatre of a sports car. Some people like that, some don't. I think the Supra once a few cosmetic updates are in place looks a more standout car to me. The zed does look a little bit like a Porsche, the Supra is definitely in its own space in terms of looks. Nothing else out there I can think of looks quite like one (happy to be corrected on that!). All that said, if I wanted a car to drive everyday and be reliable not in terms of the actual engine but the bushes, suspension, etc etc not failing on me then a ten years younger Zed is probably a better call than the Supra. I would guess.
  10. What about rarity? Number of seats? Noise?
  11. coldel

    The R33

    Well, following on from my 'which handbrake' thread, I think I know what I want and will order it but in the mean time remembered the previous owner left a chrome mono handle in the side pocket of the car! Fitted it and I like it, might go for something similar but in black/leather. PM coming your way Lexx on the other handle...anyway, with the two new white stitch gaiters in place:
  12. Well arent you a little ray of sunshine the morning I caught a cold off someone, at home, still working on and off, feel crap - expect more of the same!
  13. Stuarty actually got banned, but 'knew where sarnie lived', been round there stuck sarnie under the patio and is now operating covertly as sarnie...hence the change in avatar...
  14. Overall its definitely an improvement to the look
  15. Should I toss in the idea that you could always go for an R33
  16. My wife actually pointed this out the other day, we drove through London from Richmond to my parents in Essex and as soon as we hit the first Essex town everyone started giving little waves, flashing lights, saying thanks etc - until then no one paid a slight bit of notice if you let them out.
  17. I am pretty sure when I had my zed done at Abbey I had to sign some sort of waiver? I can't remember exactly what it was but I think it was along the lines that I am the one responsible if it goes pop. Although they did forget to ask me to sign it until after they had finished!
  18. Over the last 5 years or so the amount of middle laning has gotten ridiculous. I use the A3 between Richmond and the M25 regularly and seeing cars coming up on my left on a slip road who then just enter the 3 laned A3 and just cross the inside lane straight out into the middle lane and slow down is unbelievable. So many people do it, I can only imagine they genuinely think that they are meant to use the middle lane regardless. Until there is some serious education of the UK population on major road rules then the 70mph has to stay as it is in my view - speeding everyone up will simply increase the likelihood of more deaths as stupid people do stupid things that educated drivers just dont expect such as middle laning, tail gating etc.
  19. David Luiz has been defending like that all tournament, just charging out of defence at midfielders and largely got away with it. Got seriously found out last night though as we saw. I bet Mourinho sat there with a wry smile saying "Told you so". Fred who has been utterly dreadful throughout the tournament finally got what was coming, the laziest player in the world cup. Just a shame for the fans, their country is on its backside financially and football is their religion, the team had to win this but they really were massively out of their depth. Their route to this game Croatia-Mexico-Cameroon-Chile-Colombia, hardly a testing schedule for a team ranked in the top 5 in the world. Funny, whilst all the players on the field last night saw their values plummet, I bet Tiago is worth a bit more this morning!
  20. I thought Brazil had a loss coming given they have had it easy till this stage, but didn't see that coming!
  21. Liking the last two mate, will investigate!
  22. ...wow.
  23. All yours mate, there is some wear on the top though - can PM some pics. Just need to find an alternative first
  24. Do you mean this? http://www.zcentre.co.uk/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.pbv.tpl&product_id=179&category_id=147&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=7 Thats what I have on the car at the moment.
×
×
  • Create New...