-
Posts
14,064 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by coldel
-
Its the 'algorithm of purchase' formula Dan A*Looks+B*Drive+C*Desireability+D*Exclusivity+E*Cost of Running=Purchase of Brand of Car Some things work more for others - I know I tend to heavily weight D when buying cars, stupid, but thats me!
-
Indeed, English football teams, owned by foreigners, managed by foreigners and staffed by foreigners are very good Funny thing is that everyone seems to think that we have some sort of bright future ahead of us. Barkley has yet to show anything more than flashes of brilliance. Sterling is more consistent but years from being anything world class, if he reaches it. Shaw in my book looked the best of the young bunch. Problem is that we throw all our expectation at two or three unproven youngsters, we should have a conveyor belt of quality youth players rolling out of clubs but we don't. Been the same for decades, not seeing the FA doing anything to change this. You get the occasional 'grassroots' headline from them but its peanuts spent in the grand scheme of things.
-
A bit of a silly question.... what speeds for what gears?
coldel replied to ostego's topic in 350Z General
Don't labour the engine, and don't stick your foot to the floor at low revs high gear low speed etc. Gears are there for a reason, to ensure the engine runs correctly at the right speed. -
Because that was the context of the conversation at the time, and my opinion, so why question that?
-
Is Robben the new Klinsmann - his diving is just getting ridiculous, a complete and utter cheat.
-
Save them to photo bucket or similar and then use the add image button on the browser and paste in the 'direct link' to the image. PS, not sure if you meant it as a joke but boasting about drifting on public roads is not very clever and will result in a barrage from members on here.
-
You could be right mate, each car is so individual and could be quicker/slower than stock. One car is about ten years older than the other though
-
Yeah thats the one, they always have a number of teggies and all sorts in there - they have a number of motorsport cars as well which go back there for all the servicing etc. Certainly know their way around a car though and you can certainly trust them to do a great job on any bodywork. Been back there twice now.
-
Which is why I said, in a straight line its quicker than my Zed, never said it would beast it around corners.
-
Only got this thread, not so much build as I have built naff all haha - just tidied it up! http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/82095-the-r33/ So far touch wood very reliable, I think these cars tend to become unreliable when people just buy a big turbo and slap it on without getting the right ECU, internals etc. Not saying your mate has done he could have just been unlucky. But generally the engines themselves are very robust like the 350z engines are.
-
What about a Trabant?
-
Well after my neighbour reversed in to the car splitting the front bumper, got it back from Will at TGM Motorsport yesterday and you would never know - perfect repair and perfect colour match. So relieved that the car is looking spot on again, even motivated me to detox, clay, polish and wax the car today. TGM are pricey, but bloody hell they do a good job on it. Now just need to hunt down my neighbour to pay for it!
-
Frank Lampard is one of the greatest goal scoring midfielders in football history, globally. Yet we are so ready to slate him and say how good foreign players are
-
Apparently there was a gentleman's agreement in Japan at the time around the 'claimed' paper stats of the cars they were producing. Most standard GTSTs arriving in the UK, even though they are 10-15 years old, are usually running around 10-20 bhp more than the 250bhp paper number - according to chaps running them on dynos on the forums. Then of course you do the solenoid mod (you cut a wire and put some insulation tape around it) which moves the turbo from two stage to single stage which gives you full boost through the rev range which pulls the 0-60 down even further. Unofficial 0-60 numbers on stock GTSTs are around 5.5 seconds which makes sense given that they are lighter than a 350z and about on par with power. In any case, having owned both, the Skyline certainly feels a lot quicker - not scientifically proven though! Anyway its irrelevant! I was just saying I think MY R33 is quicker in a straight line than MY 350z - and it cost a fair few quid less.
-
Andy Carroll was never worth £35m but if Torres hadn't gone for £50m then it would never have been such a stupid fee. I actually rate Carroll for what he does, £10m is about spot on for a guy who is 25, one of the best headers in the game and capable of playing up top in a one up front formation. If thats they way your team wants to play, he is spot on.
-
Seriously, you think by going for post 2005 you will get something with less problems? Service history, book of receipts and condition are not defined by what year the car was made.
-
Hmmm, I saw some stats somewhere that Spurs are something like the 5th highest spenders in the premier league since its inception - they were higher than that before Chelsea and Citeh went ballistic. Apart from the Bale transfer, most signings I can remember are sold at a loss. Maybe the exception is Carrick, but I am sure Dave will be along to prove me wrong. I do remember West Ham buying Rebrov for £1m about 18 months after Spurs bought him for £12m. Funny thing with Spurs is that they could probably afford Van Persie, or Rooney or any of the top transferred players, but they never quite have that kudos that Chelsea or Manyoo have that gets the really top players to move there. As for the above, yes English players are very over priced, but because of rules around homegrown and the like. As for English players abroad, I think plenty could succeed, but unfortunately the English are not very good travellers - and lots of 'foreign' nationalities know it. In recent memory I think David Platt did well, as he learned the language etc, not many English footballers have the IQ capability to do that. Also they know that English footballers are terrible when it comes to things like diet. Ronaldo is teetotal, how many of his English team mates at Manyoo could honestly say that? Zero I suspect. Having lived and worked abroad, it is the image other countries have of us, and on the whole, its very true.
-
Well at least £35m that Monaco paid for him last year? Mind you, before this world cup 9 goals in 30 odd matches for them was hardly setting the world on fire. So many World Cup players that got big moves after a couple of good games then flopped...lets see eh!
-
I actually still loved my zed when I sold it, sold due to loss of jobs within our household within quick succession. So It wasn't that I fell out of love with it, its just that I have experienced a fair few cars since and like to think when discussing characteristics such as Power, or Handling, then I can rank it alongside a few other cars I have owned an/or driven. I would have to say as Zeds are so cheap nowadays they are falling into the hands of people that own in order a Fiesta 1.1, Focus 1.6 then a 350z - I can imagine to those owners it does feel amazing - and for the money it is, but in relative terms of other cars that are out there, it has plenty of competitors that beat it on many aspects. But its all opinion - and way off topic Just for the record, I still love Zeds, I loved my Zed and I still get excited when I ride shotgun in someones Zed
-
Good stuff - nice to have peace of mind that someone has given a decent look over and ticked all the boxes.
-
Shortly after i got my 350 i posted about a trip i took to catch up with a friend, a, b and m roads and was pleasantly surprised at how well it dealt with all of them, personally i feel the 350 is much more than just a gt car, it does everything well and there in lies it biggest attribute for me! Stick in on a track and it will hold its own, of course it wont be faster than a Vx thats designed for that kind of work, but in general its a very very capable car, not just a cruiser imho! Depends on what you have driven. I had a VW Scirocco 1.4TSi better in the twisties than the Zed, my 18 year old R33 is faster in a straight line than the zed. I think the zed is pretty average in the grand scheme of things, its does lots of things 'pretty' well, but none really well. There are cars that sit on the extremes better. For me, of all the cars I have owned the Zed worked really well on big A roads and on motorways with lazy power. Anyone that thinks its a great B road machine clearly hasn't driven something that does b roads properly...
-
I think writing off every FWD car because its FWD is a bit foolish. You can hardly say the 350z is a great handling car and very chuckable. Its been mentioned a million times before, its a cruiser, a GT car, horses for courses. My old VX220 would utterly destroy my 350z on track, but it was hard work on those motorway runs! Having a bit of fun on small B roads, I am sure the Clios of this world are lots of fun, why do you need 300bhp and RWD when most of the time you are turning in and hardly ever using all that power? Given the roads I mostly drive on RWD suits me, but pretty sure as we have seen on here, FWD is the way forwards for others!
-
Good pics Colin, shame I am missing it this year
-
Clearly FIFA bottled it. Its a 9 match ban, how can they put in a 4 month ban when there is a football break of 2 months now. Farcical.