Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. Just got up and noticed my neighbour opposite reversing out the drive opposite my house and go into the kitchen, suddenly knock at the door. My neighbour to my left on my side of the street says "They just reversed into your Skyline and drove off" - so I goes out and there it is: Knocked on their door but got some babysitter answer saying they have gone out. So left my number and said to call me back ASAP. I AM FUMING.
  2. Might go for a stroll at lunchtime and take a look!
  3. A year or so ago everyone was hailing Wilshire as the saviour of England, its credit to a lot of the other younger players that at 21 he is in my opinion down the pecking order. I would play Henderson instead of Wilshire every time I think he has come on leaps and bounds. I am pretty sure Italy and Uruguay would give up half their country to have Barkley, Sterling and Chamberlain in their squad - these are very good young players. I think the real shame was Townsend missing out, every time he pulled on an England shirt he played incredibly well, scoring, and just breaking past opposition midfield with ease.
  4. Can't see history failing to repeat so Argentina or Brazil for the win. England to get through the group stage, just, but won't get any further than that. Pete Why not get further? If they get out the group they have to play one of Colombia, Greece, Ivory Coast or Japan - actually I would say any of those teams is likely to be easier than either Italy or Uruguay?
  5. I have to say I am looking forwards to watching England in this tournament more than I have done for years. We have been stuck with the disfunctional Lampard/Gerrard combo for years, a run of average keepers, a reliance on Rooney - just looking forwards to seeing Sterling, Barkley, Ox and the like getting involved and giving the team some added umpf. I dont expect England to go far, may even fail at group stage, but fair play to Woy for giving them the chance to build an England team for the next few years.
  6. Platini made sure of a nice easy French group, so expect them to have a decent run. Actually glad Ribery is out as he is just a nasty piece of work. Germany have a fantastic side, that midfield is probably the best in the tournament even without Reus. England I think will squeeze through a tight group, Suarez not been training since his injury, Italy are in a bit of a rut of form at the moment. Low scoring group and the odd goal could get a team through. Hard to look past the South American teams though as Richy said you never get a Euro winner in South America. Spain I think are actually not the dominant force they once were, whose game is probably more suited to South American climates, but they still didnt do the business in the confeds cup. Dark Horses are not as easy to pick now thanks to the internet, so much information on teams available. Belgium are not dark horses, they are one of the form teams in Europe at the moment, whether they have the experience to go a long way who knows. If I were to put a name on one, Switzerland for me (even though they were a group seed!), 9 clean sheets in last 15 games or something like that including beating Brazil. A young attacking side might surprise a few big names. Chile are a good shout but having Spain and Netherlands in the group isnt great for them, but they are 'at home' as it were so we could see a big Euro name fall at the group stages there.
  7. Just have zero tolerance, with scaled punishments? I never understood why our laws allowed for someone to have 'a cheeky one' ?
  8. Jumping red lights is by all accounts a level 3, I wonder if that would be extended to ALL road users, or just the usual 'cash flow' car users...
  9. Not bad for a 6 year old
  10. What Dan said, although mine was a measly 150bhp standard VX220 - never in a car have I had to instinctively hold my breath so often when cornering - its not blindingly quick in a straight line (well its quicker than my old Zed, probably slower than my Skyline) but the speed you could carry though corners was mind blowing.
  11. Welcome mate, just down the road from me, look forwards to seeing you at a few south east and london meets!
  12. I reckon if you add up Darren-B, Wasso, Jumping, Octets mods costs, you four could probably have bought a brand new GT-R between you!
  13. As a side note, noticed a fair number of speed cameras up and operating on the M25 now, all grey coloured and some hiding behind trees growing by the side of the road. I thought it was made law that speed cameras are a deterrent not a revenue channel and if they are hidden or not clearly visible they are not a deterrent. So how comes these are exempt?
  14. I bought these little chaps for my VX http://www.caraudiod...egration-isc165 not the ones you listed, different car (which is renowned for not being the most acoustic) but the sound quality was excellent. I actually had some JL speakers in before those, one went bang so replaced with Focal and have to say preferred the Focal over JL. Never tried Hertz except when renting a car.
  15. Just go 'write' to the top mate - pay your fine but make your point, don't write to the police complaints commission simply write to the head commissioner of your local force. Include a link to this thread, and see what happens. As someone above pointed out, police are public servants paid for by the public purse, they are not there to pick on the public to up statistics. You wont get anything back but I always find I feel better for it and its off my chest!
  16. Drove mine on clicky rear axle for about 1000 miles before getting it sorted, clearly though asap is advisable. There is also a very simple greasing solution you can do for a tenner - dealer could well charge you £500+ to fix.
  17. Which skyline forum you on? Username?
  18. I told the wife about all the costs of stuff, except for the used Volks Racing wheels I bought, with tyres, for my Zed - I just told her I bought them much cheaper than buying them new...
  19. I got one of these back in the day when I have my Zed, good mod and an absolute doddle to fit
  20. Generic ECU plus light flywheel would work better than than a dual mass plus an extra 5bhp - having seen both I wish I had the option! Shouldn't be long before there are though I would have thought, up rev is a decent jack of all trades, but as I said before, surprised no one has realised that a jack of all trades is a master of nothing.
  21. I just wondered why there was only uprev as an option and why no one else had developed anything, seems a bit odd when this is such an active category of development in so many other marques of car. I would also say it seems overpriced to pay £500 for a map which would get you an extra 5bhp vs something generic - as you rightly point out you get minimal gains and a drivability improvement. But that's a personal view, from someone who was happy with his uprev on his zed a few years back.
  22. Not denying you should pay a licence for something, guess I am just surprised that on this forum until pretty much today, no one has said that there might be a way to remap without going the uprev route. As long as whatever you do you get the fueling and various other key metrics checked on a dyno should it not make any difference what remap you use? If the car is running safe whats the problem. In fact might be a good idea for those brave enough to go against the common route to start up a sticky to show their non-uprev approaches and see how the cars fair over time. As an aside, you can always sell the licence back to the tuners if you ever sell the car to reclaim some cash...
  23. Aye fair points, although the VX turbo engines were only in the VXs and Astras (which didnt sell particularly well) - my point is that even a more modern engine like the Z20LET which is comparable to the VQs still seems to have so many more options available, there is a big US market for 350z's as well so no reason to rely on just UK numbers for the software (which comes from the US anyway). I remember having the Zed as my first sports car and getting an uprev by default (and feeling the sting of the cost) but since then realised how restrictive the remapping market is for Zeds, yes there might be a few less, but an engine that has been around for at least 12 years should have more going for it.
  24. I think that makes the uprev for the DE Zeds even more of an excuse not to be the cost they are and more options available, given there are plenty of 2003 cars around and the R34s are very tunable from around the same era. If anything the higher sales of 350z's should have meant more development? It just felt like with the 350z the option was uprev or nothing else - look at 52 plate onwards VX220s, all tunable by mappers and not restricted to one software importer who can to a strong degree dictate cost as they are effectively a sole operator within their market.
  25. It almost feels like with 350z's the uprev is always presented as the only option. Since being on the VX and Skyline forums there are so many more options out there. On Skylines you can invest as little as £150 for a generic stage 1 map (which doesn't blow up engines as some people might say on here) and yes it doesn't make the most out of your mods, but if you are chasing numbers a stage 1 isn't something people stop at hence the maps sell really well. Or you can go to four figures in cost terms but have a lot more control over the power delivery of your car, much more than the Uprev. Its just nice to have the options really, which it never felt like you do on the 350z, its uprev or nowt...
×
×
  • Create New...