-
Posts
14,064 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by coldel
-
Zeds born in Japan have multiple specs, unlike in the UK which just had two (GT and Non-GT) so likely it could be kitted with part of the GT spec and not the BOSE/Cruise. You will need to check off your GT spec list against what it actually has.
-
Fast forward to the 350z-uk site in 2025, Dan is running the forum quiz, 'OK Sports round, Formula 1, we all know Lewis Hamilton won 14 world championships but what little known German driver of average ability won his one and only title in 2016?'
-
Oh and do expect to travel to find the right one, I bought mine from Coventry whilst living in south London...
-
Find a car you are seriously interested in and ask, if someone is local they might accompany you - this isn't a guarantee either you could still get unforeseen problems but it will reduce the risk a bit, but always good to have a second set of eyes anyway I always take car mates along to view cars I buy.
-
Its actually an interesting point overall, I was watching an interview the other day with a number of F1 drivers and they were all complaining that they can no longer 'race' as its all about managing a multitude of elements within a car. There are so many sensors on the cars that the second one starts to go a bit amber drivers have to reel in the speed. I think they were saying they only drive at 100% for something like 5% of the race. Of the back of that I went and watched Rush again just to make myself feel better
-
Never done one but they just check the basics as far as I know - they also are restrictive in what they will look at, depending on age etc. they can cost hundreds of pounds for a call out for a high risk car. Buying a used car is a game of chance but you increase your odds in being thorough, its also known for some of the more generous souls on here to accompany prospective buyers to see cars local to them in exchange for beer tokens or the like.
-
I remember Schumacher starting out in the Benetton before it became a great car, he was beating a lot of the better cars in that machine, that really was showing the difference a great driver makes and he was streets ahead of his team mates (Lehto, Herbert etc). But these guys come along once in a blue moon. You do have to remind yourself of F1 as a team sport, like football. You can have the best player in the world playing up front for you but if your defence is shipping goals they counter-act each other but thats the nature of F1 all over, the team has to win for the driver to win too and the driver is just a single cog in a rather large machine.
-
I put Berks HFC Stillen intake milltek exhaust motordyne plenum spacer and a remap on my 350z which based on manufacturer individual claims of 10-20bhp each would have got me a lot more bhp than I actually ended up with. In any case I generally ignore max bhp figure that's not a measure of performance increase at all it's the increase in area under the entire curve that actually makes a difference to on road performance. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
Yes i think mine did have Milltek written on the tips also
-
I do log back in to the forum now and again and saw a guy start buying up cars in Japan and importing them over for an immediate sale, he was putting prices on them of £6k-£7k and upwards which drove up prices also. Given there are usually no more than 10 for sale in the UK at any one time it had an impact on prices I think. I am still tempted by one, but do enjoy my 4WD agile rally car, I do though like the idea of climbing back into a 2 seater...
-
Really wanted a 300zx before I got the Celica, but so many are owned by people who paint over the rust and hope you don't notice, some shocking cars I went to view, this one looks stunning though.
-
The harnesses do look a bit odd, if you had an accident god forbid and you went forwards the retention on each belt would be of a different level of force I would have thought? A quick google on install guidelines mentions lots about proper installs insuring the belts are straight front to back?
-
Found this in the ebay link, anyone seen adhesive carbon fabric wrap before? Or used it? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Carbon-Fibre-Fabric-Cloth-Black-1000mm-39-4in-x-1350mm-53-1in-Vinyl-Wrap-Film-/190696567460
-
When removing and replacing gear knobs do make sure to not allow the shaft to take the strain, you should secure the shaft with something (molegrips with padding so not to scratch the shaft) so the strain is not passed down into the transmission. Well, something like that anyway, again there are a few posts on this somewhere...
-
I am pretty sure one of the importers as well, Torque GT is it, are bringing in parts on their car shipments, as above maybe see what they can source.
-
Long shot but plenum tightened down?
-
Interesting that the media were all over EP1 saying how much it trumped Top Gear and look at Clarkson beating the BBC etc. Not much in the news about EP2, nothing at all about it being quite dreadful (based on feedback on here). Funny how the media loves to sniff out a story to suit its own needs... ...but as above, I thought the last few episodes of new TG were pretty good it was proper petrolhead heaven and I hope they continue to evolve and make the small changes that are needed. Dare I say it, but looking at EP1 of TGT maybe it wasnt the format of TG that had gotten boring and stale, but in fact it was the presenters? I just don't find those three funny anymore.
-
There is a bedding in procedure on here (I think ZMANALEX posted it) if you have a search through - I also read previously issues around not having the right shims/missing shims causing squeeling.
-
Sure its the front left? Have you had someone else sit in the passenger seat to confirm? Could it be anything to do with the steering column? Power steering? Bits of crap stuck in the brake caliper? (you can probably tell I am not a technical guy and just taking a punt!)
-
Welcome along, do a lot of reading on the site prior to purchase, there are lots of stickies that will help you. In terms of 320bhp on a DE (which most cars under £7k will be) you will struggle, I think the highest I have seen post remap with all the standard modifications is around 305bhp, most seem to net out at around 290bhp give or take once you take into account bhp loss due to the course of time and bhp you gain back from an 'uprev' (the licence name for the remap you need). I would say buy the car for what it is (two seat front engine rear wheel drive GT car) than to expect big power gains.
-
I bought Elements about 4 years ago, still use that version now, great piece of kit, in a sale I think it was about £49!
-
Oh bloody hell, and that was probably the worst bit of the first episode.
-
In what way Steve?
-
I have been working with VR over the last couple of years, seeing how applications can be used in retail research. Just dipping my toe but it really is sensational - I tested one where they make you walk across a beam high up in the air, then step off the platform on the other side to virtually plummet to your doom. I just about managed to do it (despite being in a room, walking around on the floor, not in a warehouse up on a platform like the VR would have you imagine) but it took every fibre of will to take that step off the edge, its amazing how your subconscious can step in when your senses feel you are in danger. I watched someone else do it and she fell over walking across the room because she genuinely believed she slipped off the beam and the guys running it had to catch her. Its so hard to really describe how realistic VR is, its not the quality of the imagery, it is how it closes out the rest of the world and dominates a couple of your senses.
-
Its the age old argument, there is no right or wrong here, looks are subjective end of. Some of us like the new one as much as the old one, some do not!