Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. Sold - thread locked
  2. Any used car can go wrong, whatever manufacturer you go with - Nissan happen to have a pretty good reputation like most of the global brands which sell hundreds of millions of cars. If you are seriously that worried, pay what you have to for a warranty. Otherwise do what the rest of the world does and buy a car you want and deal with any issues as part of the ownership experience.
  3. Sold - thread locked
  4. Is it gone Rich? If so let us know and we can lock the thread up for you, cheers.
  5. Bought a Lenovo for about £110 from Argos last year, good piece of kit. And in case you didn't know, Lenovo bought IBM a few years back, so have decent heritage in the stuff they sell now.
  6. Just get them done - trade them in to some drifters and get the £20 they are worth honestly. I had brand spanking new budget tyres on my car when I bought it, the difference when I put the Vorti's on was night and day and I could drive the car properly.
  7. Reading online reviews for both brands, they are crap, and even crappier in the wet. And mixing them together on the back of a 300bhp rear wheel drive car over winter is verging on lunacy. Close your wallet, put a stop to any mods or fancy stuff you were thinking of doing on the car, buy some tyres, at least get some better reviewed mid range ones.
  8. coldel

    Tinting Lights?

    As an owner who put fly eye kit on their DE zed as mentioned before, it does have a very noticeable and detrimental effect to what you can see ahead of you. It looked cool on my black stealth zed but I ripped it all off as winter came in purely for my own safety as I could barely see 10 yards in front of me. Any ebay seller sticking claims around it reducing by 5% or the like is quite frankly talking utter crap and just sticking on the ad as part of the overall sales pitch. Personally, I wouldn't put it on if you are using the car over winter after 4pm - now you can either believe the corporate ebay seller who just wants your money about the light reduction levels or believe people that have been there and done it, and are concerned about your safety. Its up to you.
  9. That is one angry looking front end!
  10. Right can we tidy this thread up please. OP wants to see if there is interest in a bulk purchase to help with costs, can we stick to that. For the other issues please do not derail the thread - Building these isn't straightforward as a member on here found out earlier in the year. If you search you can see the thread and the sort of prices and process he was going through. As for making a business transaction using the gifting option on Paypal, that in itself is defrauding Paypal at a minimum of use of their money transfer service, without even knowing the in's and outs of how the logistics company are aiding in avoiding paying an import charge. So back on topic as of now please.
  11. Is that price delivered or collected?
  12. coldel

    Tinting Lights?

    Yes you can put it on without removing the lights, easier if you do, and the rear lights are a doddle to take off. Fly Eye as I understand it is illegal as a tint is as it does reduce the light output of the lights - plod will I am sure put them all in the same bucket.
  13. coldel

    Tinting Lights?

    Not sure its an MoT fail but the cops can pull you for it I think. In any case, I took mine off as I was driving down poorly lit roads when I had the zed at the time (driving back from work through Dachet and Windsor) and the fly eye stuff took I would say about 30% of the light out, it really wasn't good.
  14. coldel

    Tinting Lights?

    Had it on my DE for a few months and absolutely fine. Although it does reduce the light output of the car (regardless of what the manufacturer says).
  15. Sold - thread locked
  16. Media storage is mental - something like all the data recorded in the last 10 years is greater than all the data collected by the entire human race prior to it. Amazon actually makes more money selling server space than they do selling/delivering products.
  17. What offsets are you after? Why not just use spacers?
  18. Mine has a 10gb storage limit too - had the account for about eight-ten years I think? I have though been slowly transitioning to Imgur, quicker, less advertising, more reliable...just such a better platform in my view.
  19. I admit I liked watching the specials, a few were a bit crap like the source of the Nile etc. but due to the nature of them i.e. you cannot account for all eventualities so spontaneous stuff will happen makes them so much more watchable than them pretending to ad-lib when we all know its highly scripted poorly acted.
  20. And get a date/receipt for underseal, you don't want someone having driven it about in the UK for 5 winters who then sprays it on covering and potential tin rot. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  21. As above, ignore sales patter nonsense, check the facts of the car, check for everything that might indicate a problem - dont listen to stuff like that.
  22. ...looks like Rich's car is sold anyhow. Great car for the money there no surprise it went quickly.
  23. Lower mileage is exactly what it says on the tin, its less miles on the engine etc. But if someone has ragged it for 30k miles vs someone who has done all the servicing correctly and driven it properly with 60k miles, you are pretty sure that the 60k miles car will run better and for longer than the other. That said, for some reason the UK market is a fickle one, for some reason we are obsessed with mileage (I lived in France for a while no one cared a jot about mileage) so lower mileage cars get a premium, even if they are dogs. 60k miles on a V6 GT car is nothing really, most of these will hit 100k and keep going (again the UK market seems to believe there is some hex that hits cars as soon as they hit 100k miles) - if you have no intention to sell this car soon, then go for condition, if you want to sell it on within a couple of years a low mileage car will help you sell in this market.
  24. What do you mean custom built? I think a custom built one will cost half that, but with that budget you could just go for the tried and tested ones like Invidia/Milltek/Ark
×
×
  • Create New...