Jump to content

Ricey

Members
  • Posts

    8,423
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ricey

  1. Lacquer peel could be a prev paint job but there are owners on this forum who've got minters that have done more paint that Rolf Harris. Cheap bodyshop will blow over it for a few hundred. Perishables would be my main concern along with the clutch. You can burn £1500 very quickly with a new clutch and a set of boots for it. Also at that milage you are playing the octane lottery. Unless this is a one owner car and he gives a gentlemans nod to using Super you're always going to be taking the chance that it's supped from the weak pump more than once. Doesn't mean it will blow up but we've seen a few engines of late chucking a piston or ending up in some sort of terminal state.
  2. 2nd one is also the higher tax bracket. You dead set in getting one in primer or are you looking at other colours?
  3. Looking good! Expensive stuff?
  4. Are they that bad? I thought the 159 had made some good progress in terms of reliability. Sarnie had one (still might actually - he was flogging it) so might be well placed to comment Personally I think they look ace.
  5. Autosol is fine. I've used it before. One of the better things to use by hand Depends how bad they are but I use 2000 grit wet and dry, rotary and a decent cutting compound http://www.revolveautomotiveltd.com/headlight-restoration.html
  6. If that's how much you get for a cat mate let me know and I'll order a shitload off euros and we can make a tenner on each!
  7. They're really not! Think the scrap man who comes round our garage gives about 10-15 quid!
  8. Why bother making a self cleaning paint if you can just apply this stuff to it?
  9. This all day long......gen cost a fecking fortune period. You might find a second hander cheaper but new.....no chance.
  10. Yeah, probably too much product. Shake the bottle to mix it up before each use too, it separates quite quickly. Polished Bliss recommend buffing no more than one minute after applying and by following their method I've not had any greasiness (or streaking as some people seem to complain about) with it at all - although I've found even if you slap it on you can buff it back and then buff again shortly after (about 30 seconds ish) to get the same finish. Same with poorboys.....too much and it's everywhere. I managed it all the bastard time and I'm detailing for a living! 30 sodding minutes mopping off the damn stuff because I'm too ham fisted with it!
  11. Nissan paint is about as thin as a gnats pecker
  12. If they're a secondary named driver I reckon that's perfectly pukka though. It's when you try and fiddle it by putting them as the primary driver and the young death machine as the secondary that it's flying close to the wind
  13. Technically it was 5 weight sets I thank you!
  14. I'd give him a go. If he's crap then your done. If he's quality then you've got a tap into a skilled workman who does it for buttons.
  15. Dealer everytime
  16. Black box is grim but you get pennies back. Personally I think your better taking the hit and having your own policy to start building no claims than the age old 'named driver' fiddle.
  17. Is this thread seriously 13 pages long? Feck me
  18. Yeah I think Sky apply that theory as well but I'm sure they'd look at the other cars you've driven.
  19. Meh it was about time you grew up anyway dawg!
  20. Guaranteed HR will inadvertently get hold of it and uberbollock someone. Gits.
  21. Speaking of which, Ricey, how did you get on with R222? I'd be interested in hearing your views? Strange texture to it. It's 'feels' by dry but it's very very oily. Your covered in the damn stuff after you apply it. Sadly it's mainly been on silver cars which as we all know are a bugger to get depth into the paint. I'm not convinced on durability but as BBK said on a black car it's a very impressive shine. These are on a mini that was in a fair state as wasn't machine polished (was just in for a valet).
  22. CalZed is a graphic designer type and has done work for a few traders on here. He'll be doing mine if I ever get around to putting some money aside for that sort of thing!
  23. Thanks, I will bare all of that in mind, should be getting the work carried out on the 18th. Then 8 days after that I will be on the road I appreciate everyone's concern about me driving such a car, but if I am totally honest I am not like most people my age, never been drunk, cannot stand loud music, or any music for that matter when I am driving, I could go on and on.. As for my driving style I am extremely careful and very rarely go over speed limits, I absolutely 100% understand that I could kill myself quite easily in this car, therefore I will not be flat out round corners or trying to accelerate as fast as possible (like most teens in the 1.0 corsa's do at the lights, which always makes me laugh.) I will be doing an advance driver training course. It will just be nice to know that the power is there when I need it but I will respect it. Plus the noise is good at just about any RPM. I'll be honest with you I often find that driving a car with nearer 300bhp can actually make you a more sedate driver. You don't feel the need to prove anything even if the teenage angst gets the better of you! Instead you can just smile, pull away slow and laugh as the corsa chucks all of its 3 cylinders into full chat. Just enjoy it bud.......provided you get time to drive it with the swathe of teenage girlies who'll be scuttling around you
  24. I drove the 240 BHP 3l derv and it was definitely rapid enough for a luxo barge. The 270 must utterly fly!
×
×
  • Create New...