28 posts in and the most sensible thing anyone has said.
It's amazing how all thoughs 10 quid here and 10 quid there tools rack up when you realise you've not got the right socket or spanner.
Thing is, you've gotta start somewhere right? it was advised somewhere to get a starter kit and then get the tools I need when I need them.
I've found a few golf mk3s now that are about £200-£400, like this one:
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p
opinions?
Of coursenp bud.... I just mean don't think that an 80 quid starter kit is anywhere near enough to get you through a restoration.
I've had so many Sunday trips to hellfrauds to pick 101 little bits and bobs of tools
Toolstation and eBay are great for picking up cheap stuff.....Toolstation really shows up how much the likes of hellfrauds and b&q mark up the stupid little bits and pieces like bolts and washers etc