Jump to content

HaydnH

Members
  • Posts

    5,184
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by HaydnH

  1. Not too far, I'm in Surbiton (about 30 mins drive). If you want to collect I'll be around until about 13:00 on Saturday, when's your MOT?
  2. Remember things can go wrong at relatively safe tracks as well: More Info: http://www.350z-uk.c...ford-autodrome/
  3. Where are you based? I have 1 in my garage also but won't have time to post, happy for collect+return if you're near me.
  4. If you're interested in trying different products, have a look for the WaxyBox thread on here, it's about £10 per month (as and when you want to do it, not subscription) and they send you sample products.
  5. My preferences: 1) I like Meguiars Soft Wash Gel, although it is really bright pink which may put you off. 2) Menzerna stuff 3) Don't use 4) Dodo juice supernatural, slightly expensive but when you sit at a traffic light in the rain staring at the beading on your bonnet it's worth it 5) Britemax Ironmax or similar 6) Megs endurance tyre gel (there was a specific tyre gel thread on here and about 75% of poeple recommended this) 7) Dr Leather wipes, so easy to use 8) I just hoover but might be interested in others opinions on this 9) Autobrite Hellshine PAIN (love this stuff, tried the dodo juice menthol stuff as a switch last time and binned it!) 10) There's a specific thread on here about cleaning your bay, plastic bags, elastic bands, all purpose cleaner etc 11) Same as 5, but also google "detailing clay bars", I quite like the megs clay bar kit Other) A lot of detailing, in my (fairly nooby opinion) isn't just about the products above but the quality of the cleaning gear. Try googling: - Snow foam - Two bucket method - Yeti's or Wookie's fist or any wool wash mitt (or anything about not using a sponge!) - Uber Yellow or wooly mammoth drying towels - Plenty of varying quality microfibers (from cheap for dirty areas to good quality for buffing off your polish/wax - I like the dodo juice supernatural range ones but they're expensive) - I'd recommend a DA + masking tape, scary before the first try but it's really easy - Wax applicators, again I like the dod juice supernatural wax finger applicators if you can pay that much for a bit of sponge - Detailing world, awesome web site with plenty of info
  6. I did about 2k miles to Italy via Siwtzerland and back in July... think I've still only done about 2.5k this year!
  7. I steal a fighter jet and start racking up 5 star wanted levels, something to do to pass the bounty time and pretty safe against the buzzard brigade. Good shout! It's a shame the missiles don't lock onto other players cars If you have a wanted level there are plenty of police cars on the roads that the missles do lock on to, the higher your wanted level the more police cars so the person you're chasing will likely get a wanted level himself from hitting police. The other day I was doing doing this in a buzzard, he eventually had a head on collision with a police car just as my missile landed and blew them both up. I had another nice bounty hunt a few days ago, 3 people with bounties were working together to try and get kills, I guess they put the bounties on each other for kicks. I watched them for a while in my buzzard to figure out what they were up to. They eventually took to the train thinking they'd have cover. I flew to the tunnel they were headed for and lined the walls with sticky bombs, unfortunately on the wrong side, trains drive are on the left hand tracks unlike the cars that drive on the right! After detonating them I managed to chuck another sticky on the train blowing 2 of them up, then shot the third with a rifle. I got 25k of easy money for it!
  8. I steal a fighter jet and start racking up 5 star wanted levels, something to do to pass the bounty time and pretty safe against the buzzard brigade.
  9. Its good to see you're not too disheartened by this, could've been a lot worse!
  10. I reckon it's only worth £401.50, but the Marmite on toast more than makes up for the remaining 50p.
  11. Oh that reminds me, Abbey still have my brakes from when I did my upgrade, completely forgot! I better find out what they did with them.
  12. (Well, Clark motorsport now), Abbey were breaking a Z as well iirc.
  13. I bet your GF is loving you spending time on here while having drinks with her.
  14. Give me a shout if needed, I'll be around Surbiton all weekend. I'll PM you my number just in case.
  15. Mark@Abbey bedded mine in, I've seen the videos of him on track and I really don't want to think too much about it!
  16. Yeah I have been busted once or twice while on random rampages. You get to keep your weapons, but they take ALL your ammo. I did see a notification saying your ammo/vehicles are kept at a police compound somewhere - not sure how you get them back though (?). When on my random rampages I never save afterwards as I loose a LOT of money in hospital fees I got busted once, got surrounded by cops while on foot, killed a few near their car and thought I'd use it as a getaway vehicle... for some reason getting in the unattended police car busted me - go figure. For online play, if you get killed by the police or busted while near your personal vehicle the cops will impound it, you then have to break in to the police compound and steal it back. You don't get Ammo back but you can get full ammo from doing a few survivals anyway. I also completed story mode Saturday evening. Also one of the few games I have completed fully. Mainly as I found the story mode missions easier than previous games. Yeah I died more than my fair share of times, however it was mostly just long gun fights so you will get through them soon enough. Just need to work my way through the side missions and para jumps now. I completed the single player a little while ago including all the side missions, epsilon tracts etc... quite enjoyed it.
  17. For what its worth, the service I received during this period was still top notch.
  18. They are and Ive not heard a bad word about them yet Yep, we have them on or MR2 Turbo that we use for track days, love them. Dixon @ DMS say them on mine and commented that he loves them and would never buy another tyre.
  19. Bit of a late response, haven't been on for a while. You can get MPSS for about £25 per corner cheaper than AD08s, not that price is everything of course. I don't think there's a choice between the 050As and the AD08s, the AD08s are better in every way (apart from in really cold/snow maybe but I haven't tried that). Personally I haven't tried the MPSSs but they'd have to be excellent to compete, which they may well be from all the recommendations. If you're considering track use without spare track specific tyres though I'd highly recommend the AD08s.
  20. Meh, if he's in no rush to sell he may get lucky...
  21. Am I the only person on here that runs AD08s?
  22. Which 'stones are you guys not liking? I thought the RE050As were excellent, not quite as good as MPSS or AD08s, but still very good. Aren't they the standard tyre on the Enzo after all? If it's the RE040As that's a different story.
  23. A bit more info here (Note: Zmanalex has passed on his duties to Clark MS above): http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/54916-cam-rocker-covers-for-350z/
  24. Haytch is apparently accepted by British English dictionaries, and is a standard pronunciation in Irish English... still seems wrong though, I use aytch.
  25. Keyser bet watch out, that looks like a serious contender for the Z Shed!
×
×
  • Create New...