Jump to content

HaydnH

Members
  • Posts

    5,184
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by HaydnH

  1. Is it just me who thinks they're hideous on a black roadster though?
  2. We run AD08s on the MR2 turbo we use for track, very impressed with them and they're pretty good in the wet as well regardless of what the reviews say. I need to replace all 4 corners in the next few weeks so will be replacing with AD08s. I posted another thread regarding them and it appears nobody has any direct experience with them on a Z, I'll let you know how I get on with them - although I don't do many miles so it may take me a while to bed them in and obviously I won't be able to comment on the longevity for a while.
  3. Darren, who are you insured with? I'd be interested in case I SC mine.
  4. So about the same as a Z roadster then?
  5. I got stuck in this for hours today! On the way back from a wedding and the M25 was grid locked as usual so I cut through the back roads just to get stuck the other side of Kingston from where I live. The stewards had absolutely no idea what was going on - 1 told me he lived 80 miles away, this was the first time he'd been to the area and they'd been given no information about alternative routes! Also most of the roads that were closed didn't have road closed signs until you got right to the end and had a queue of people doing u-turns. All they could advise was to find a parking spot and wait for hours. Complete chaos!
  6. I'd love a XKSS as well as an XJ13.
  7. Prestige on here will also quote for SC.
  8. To clarify Mark's comment, the DE kit will be over 9k if you need the above. The HR kit is more like 11k without any of the above, oil cooler or larger sump which Mark recommends - so probably more like 13-14k if you need the above and include the recommendations. Please correct me if that's not what you meant Mark. I'm still probably going to be doing it on my HR, although spending about the value of the car on mods is a little to most people.
  9. That's either one damn expensive exhaust or a damn cheap SC setup. It must be an Amuse.
  10. Boy I wish the HR SC was that cheap.
  11. Is that safe? I thought you shouldn't fit children in the Z as there's no way to disable the airbags? EDIT: Just saw your bit about disabling the airbags by plug, I guess that does all of the airbags but gives you a light on the dash?
  12. Do the Zs have a CD changer port considering there's 6 CDs in the headunit?
  13. I think I've found your first step in to Zeditis: http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=n ... &_osacat=0 Actually, I need to do exactly the same!
  14. HaydnH

    R33 GTR

    I asked Prestige (from here) about supercharging when I renewed the other week, if I decide to do it the insurance will go up about 50% based on a power increase of about 50%... doesn't seem too bad to me.
  15. Apart from on the drivers seat.
  16. What bump on the head? I can't remember anything since Wales - I blame that weird drink from Ade.
  17. +1000! At the next meet I'm not drinking with anyone other than Ian - I'm too scared you other lot will try and wax my legs or something! I never thought the Z was a hairdressers car until now. I seem to recall seeing Ian using hairspray at the last meet He was only trying to make up for the lack of lacquer on his door sills.
  18. His eyes are bulging must of been a good paragraph They may have not been the only thing bulging I wish I could find something that made me bulge like that for £3.99.
  19. Lambo, no questions! I've done the red letter Ferrari and Lambo, doubt the porker or R8 would be worth it really.
  20. You put a dog in your Z?!? Nice dog though.
  21. I'm going to say the opposite to everyone else - if you really want the car then go ahead and waste your time trying to get it. Just make sure that after all the hassle you don't pay any more than you have already without making sure 10000% that the car is yours in the eyes of the law. Although also consider the fact that the owner history sounds messy as hell and consider that in to the value of the car vs the price you're paying vs what else is on the market.
  22. +1000! At the next meet I'm not drinking with anyone other than Ian - I'm too scared you other lot will try and wax my legs or something! I never thought the Z was a hairdressers car until now.
  23. HaydnH

    MORE BHP.

    Christ you guys can be unhelpful at times. Serious response: The throttle on the Z is "smoothed" in gears 1 to 3, taking an old school wire throttle and replacing it with an elastic band is roughly how Mark@Abbey described it to me, i.e: you put you foot fully down and the car slowly moves to 100% rather than an immediate 100% throttle. I'm guessing you don't realise so much in 1st & 2nd as you don't tend to cruise around in those gears. If you'r after more responsiveness get an uprev - although you may want to consider a few other changes before hand. On the flip side, if you do a lot of city driving the extra responsiveness can be a negative as the "smoothed" throttle can help in stop/start traffic. Speak to Abbey, RS Tuning or Horsham (all 3 on here) and they will give good advice on how to get the car where you want it - the 350Z is a lovely car in terms of being able to match it to the owners style.
  24. I know there's a GT07ZZZ (obviously) and a GT57ZZZ on here - maybe you're just seeing the ZZZ and getting confuZZZed?
×
×
  • Create New...