Jump to content

HaydnH

Members
  • Posts

    5,184
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by HaydnH

  1. So here's my planned route so far for the way there, do you think I'm being a bit ambitious? Should I split it over 3 days? Does anyone have any experience driving through the Swiss roads - if Google maps says it's likely to take N hours is this likely to be accurate or an over/underestimate? Any comments? Day 1: Google Maps Route Distance: 80 miles + Eurotunnel + 560 miles. Google Time: 1.5 hrs + 1 hr + 9.5 hrs. A long day to get the Euro Tunnel and the boring motorway bit down through Rheims, Troyes and Dijon out of the way. Cross the border into Switzerland and head down to Lausanne before joining the Jaunpass: Have dinner at the Restaurant Piz Gloria, this was the hideout for Blofeld in the Bond film “On Her Majesties Secret Serviceâ€, stay in a hotel near there for the night: Day 2: Google Maps Route Distance: 469 miles Google Time: 9 hrs 13 mins. Leave the hotel and join the Susten Pass: Down through Andermatt and over the Devil’s Bridge, although I can't quite pin point this on the map, I think it may be a off the above route: …and on to the Oberalp Pass: Head east over to Bonaduz and then head down the San Bernardino Pass down to Milan: And then the boring motorway bit through Italy over to Treviso.
  2. It worked... grrrr... why isn't it working in my other post!
  3. I'm trying to get the [url=http://www.google.co.uk]Google[/url] type links working... has the format changed since the forum upgrade or has my memory failed? Google
  4. The San Bernardino Pass also seems like a good candidate and not too far out of the way time wise:
  5. Thank you Ekona, I'll check out some youtube vids when I get home and give it some thought.
  6. As I say, the route's unplanned... but yes that's the start point (London) and end point (Treviso). If you remove Stelvio Pass as a mid point the auto-route journey takes you around Switzerland to the South West which apparently saves 4 hours, so that could be an option freeing up 4 hours to find nice roads around that way instead. Haydn.
  7. Hi All, I have a friends wedding in Cison di Valmarino, Treviso, Italy in July and I'm thinking of driving down. Can anyone recommend some nice roads that aren't too far out of the way, Stelvio Pass is an obvious choice although it would add 4 hours on to the journey. Using the following 3 location in goiogle maps should give you an idea of the unplanned route: a: London b: Stelvio Pass, Santa Maria Val Müstair, Switzerland c: Cison di Valmarino, Treviso, Italy Perhaps there are some nice roads that are worth missing Stelvio Pass for to avoid adding 4 hours to the journey? Haydn.
  8. I don't like the skirts black as they are, but with a black front splitter and something on the rear it could look awesome.
  9. Good price, someone should snap these up.
  10. I'll happily borrow one for Wales and write a review.
  11. Unless it was something exceedingly rare I'd never be upset about someone buying a car before I got the chance to see it, there's plenty more Zs out there and until you see the car it may be a dog.
  12. That's just 2 websites.
  13. I reckon Brickyard would suit a Mini better than Sunset.
  14. I'd be up for JAE.
  15. All my media is stored on a NAS box (dns-323) and shared using mediatomb, a free open source DLNA media server that runs on the box. I use a HiMedia HD600B which is a cheapy chinese type DLNA media renderer (which means it receives and plays music/video using the standard DLNA protocols) but has a good DLNA chipset (Realtek 1185 chipset). The menu/interface isn't the greatest, but I use an Android tablet to browse my music/video and when I press play on the tablet it tells the media renderer to request the media from the media server and plays it on my TV and through my surround sound system basically making the tablet a fancy remote control as I use it for very little else. I don't know why companies need to create their own protocols etc when the DLNA standards work perfectly and I'm then not locked in to company Xs products. The current state of media streaming reminds me of the old standard phone charger issue (that Apple wrecked years of progress) and the web browser wars - hopefully everyone adopting standards will eventuually happen for the benefit of all involved.
  16. The BASE jumper at 8:00 is a guy called Jester iirc, he was completely wasted when he did that jump. I'll find the thread if anyone's interested. Found it: http://www.basejumper.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_view_flat;post=2934622;page=1;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;mh=25;guest=55889002
  17. The administrators (PWC) have already said that vouchers won't be honoured. However, I guess you may have some luck in store with sympathetic staff who are already expecting to lose their jobs.
  18. Jeees, I could buy that thing for the amount I'm planning on spending on mine... and then have mine left over to sell! Shame it's not a roadster.
  19. Fair enough about insider info, although they're still selling vouchers now: http://www.jessops.com/directory/catalogue.ashx/categoriesLT;jessops_3/categoriesLT;jessops_3_114
  20. I can't confirm that but I did always wonder why the passenger seat tilts forward when you open/close the roof on the roadster but the drivers seat stays put.
  21. Paying major creditors first is yes, taking money for vouchers they know they won't be honoring isn't.
  22. Annoyingly I bought my brother Jessop's vouchers for the last 2 Christmas presents as he was saving up for a new lens... which are now worthless. I find it pretty disgusting that the store knew it was going under but stayed open long enough to sell vouchers over Christmas so that it can pay off it's major debtors with funds raised from what appears to be highstreet robbery!
  23. I'm guessing from that name he'd gone to 4.2L? What power was he up to?
  24. So pretty high chance then judging by previous childrens TV workers.
  25. Nobody had a PC Engine variant? They were awesome for the time! (First 16bit graphics console for anyone that doesn't know them).
×
×
  • Create New...