-
Posts
22,249 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by spursmaddave
-
Or dies sometimes especially if your name is Grundy
-
Only a moron would buy a 350Z and complain about MPG, after the fact. PS: Not aimed at you btw Completely agree I knew a c#ck on here who did nothing but moan about how much it cost to run his 350.... then bought a 370 Then wrecked it and bought another 370 so the story goes...
-
A diesel rep mobile that is quicker than a standard Zed Oh and as for cats and rep mobiles.... hello Dan Just ask a lady, coming first isn't always the best thing. Sometimes it's about the journey to get there If the journey is on heated/air conditioned seats in the lap of luxury listening to an optical surround sound system with 16 speakers wand over 500lbs/ft so you can overtake pretty much most of what's on the road then yes, I agree it's all about the journey 😀
-
Very true, the article has got everyone talk no, if the most boring car was an Metro 1.0 then nobody would have mentioned it...
-
Two Britons killed on the Grossglockner Pass, Austria
spursmaddave replied to Bockaaarck's topic in Off Topic Discussion
The article says a Seat Leon... which possibly rules out 125mph on a twisty road. I think a stage 3 Cupra would mange that -
Exactly, compared to me YOU are boring, we'll come to think of it compared to most people you are Coming from the guy who watches 11 men running around chasing a ball with his cats every weekend and drives a diesel rep mobile Stones in glass houses and all that... A diesel rep mobile that is quicker than a standard Zed Oh and as for cats and rep mobiles.... hello Dan
-
Maybe unfair to categorise it a 'performance car' then As a few have said, for the money (bought mine 6 years ago for £10k) there is very little around that is comparable, some that compare in one respect i.e. faster, handle better or look better (subjective) but not a lot that ticks if not underlines every single box like the Zed does...
-
Don't often agree with you but I do here 100% Really makes me cringe when I see posts like this and all the 'go round with a baseball bat' type responses, total and utter madness. 'It's the only type of message they understand' No it's the type of behaviour you condone Glad it all got sorted out (kind of) agree you should keep the letter just in case though!
-
Exactly, compared to me YOU are boring, we'll come to think of it compared to most people you are
-
Yeah I get that people see watches as jewellery and status symbols, as someone said already I haven't worn a watch since I got my first Nokia mobile maybe 15/16 years ago and an extremely overpriced, pointless gadget however pretty isn't going to change that...
-
I would say a phone that tells the time IS a watch in every way other than you don't strap it do your wrist
-
I looked at Bluewater other day too and had same experience, like oooooh wow, then 30 seconds after.... hmmm just does all the stuff my phone does except I have to have my phone in my pocket so why not use that? Also was surprised how big and fat it is, no doubt the iWatch3 Air will be much slimmer, faster, better battery........ etc etc etc
-
No Crawley Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
I expect it is original having seen you drive Sadly very true. No shame implied, I made a pair of rear tyres last 26k 😀 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
I expect it is original having seen you drive
-
Too many cool stories... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
He hasn't been banned at all, he just needed some time off to appear on 15-to-1
-
Enough about your personal habits Azure Brembo's look so good on an Azure Zed... ^ those were mine, not the ones for sale Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
i just find modern german v8s so There too monotone, They like to go to work do there job and come home, they don't enjoy themselves they take themselves way to seriously, if they where a person they would be the sort of person i would want to work for me, but wouldn't want to be friends with. Sounds like you are describing Dan and his car..... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
Darren-B's 1971 240z Project Pumpkin Major UPDATE P48
spursmaddave replied to Darren-B's topic in Other Cars
Is it me or are those indicators on upside down? Well actually they are correct, on the back of the lights there is a part no. ending L & R, they both correspond to the side that they are fitted See I had faith in your OCD even if others didn't -
Better still all HGVs go electric, that and buses would probably half all emissions!
-
Oh and definitely agree about EV city cars, if I lived more centrally in London I would get one, you can't enjoy driving in London even if you are in a Ferrari! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
You've missed the point entirely. I don't want quicker, I want involving. As I've said elsewhere, I'd rather go slower but have more fun doing it. Some technology is a step forward, some takes the fun away from the driver. That might be ABS which has proved itself as being a great help, TCS which is good if optional, or EVs which take away all the passion of an ICE. The 911 was great with the paddles, but it held my attention mostly because of the drivetrain layout. Were I buying again, I'd have a manual one every single time and I'd be much happier too. That's not to say that some cars don't suit paddles very well (a manual Rolls or a FFRR would be awful!), but 99% of fun cars are always better with a stick. But now we're on a whole different kettle of fish I should probably caveat that I have nothing against EVs as shopping trolley city cars, as they're brilliant for that. Every comment I make is referring specifically to fun cars, unless I say otherwise. Not at all, I have had manual and now paddles and I prefer paddles, mainly as so can keep both hands on the wheel and concentrate on the road, but I can understand people being anti auto but if it's a good box it is quicker to change which gives you more speed in and out of corners, what's more involving than that I think a lot of people (not you) just say they prefer manual as it's the manly petrol head thing to say, but if they actually drove a relatively new auto with a decent box they would probably prefer it... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
Exactly! If EV cars become better, cheaper etc then hoards will buy them leaving all the petrol for those that still want it... might become an expensive hobby being a petrol head though