Jump to content

350 Russ

Members
  • Posts

    2,936
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by 350 Russ

  1. It's Chris Harris!!!
  2. I really can't see it being that, spark plugs have to make an air tight seal to keep up compression in the head so no oil would be getting by, The first thing you should do is to do a compression test on the engine and try and determine whether it's low or not, if it is then I'm afraid it's going to be expensive
  3. I'd start saving for a new one or a rebuild, sounds to me either piston rings or valve seals
  4. Cheers Russ, saved me a few bob! If you don't mind me asking which all purpose cleaner and shampoo do you use? Oh and a Blackburn fan in Herts?? I use this shampoo, i haven't been using it too long but have been thoroughly impressed with it http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Muc-Off-Ubershine-Car-Shampoo-1L-/360663579877?pt=UK_Cars_Parts_Vehicles_Other_Vehicle_Parts_Accessories_ET&hash=item53f9397ce5 All purpose cleaner is the same everywhere really I've found so i just use tescos own brand, daisy i think its called but don't hold me to that. Its a dirty job but someone has to do it
  5. Wouldn't bother with it, I used it on my daily driver with no other protection to see how good it was and I was thoroughly disappointed, RM tropical is miles better IMO
  6. i used to use lime prime every few months but i got a bit concerned as its abrasive as you said. I switched to using a pre wash of All purpose cleaner and then a contact wash of 4 times the usual dose car shampoo and its strips it bare without cutting any paintwork like the Lime prime does.
  7. The oil out of my old Astra turbo used to look like that by the end
  8. is the second photo a consequence of the helium in that first photos balloon?
  9. Here's me on my holidays
  10. Lovely looking zed you have there
  11. MAN UP!! you don't even need a plaster,
  12. Re trimmed steering wheel
  13. Ummm what are you meant to protect with 5 Sandbags? Be lucky enough to build a sand castle with that! Its crazy, what happened to "MONEY IS NO OBJECT speech..!! Did anyone actually believe him?
  14. take some diahorrea pills, also expect to bothered every 5 mins on the sun loungers and be pressured into buying crap and being dragged into shops and not let out until you buy something. Im never going back there. (sorry to put a downer on it)
  15. I personally think they still both look really good, if you look back a bit further I think that the p1 and 918 have more in common to when the 959 came out with the F40, the Ferrari was a total game changer in its appearance and compared to the 959 it still looks every bit the supercar/Hypercar that it is, IMO the 959 looks dull as dishwater now which is how the 918 will look in the future compared to the p1.
  16. :lol:
  17. You just took the words out of my mouth!
  18. If it's ok with everyone else, I'll still have the wheel for £33 + the £10 delivery if it helps everyone else out in getting their bits? If not it's no bother I'll get the one on eBay,
  19. Edit; I can get a bare steering wheel on eBay for £30 with free delivery from a breaker so it wouldn't be worth my while I'm afraid.
  20. I'll take the wheel if we all want to go thirds on it for the bits we all need?
  21. Fuel pump perhaps?
  22. 350 Russ

    My Z32 SWB

    Few bolts to drill out there by the looks of things
  23. the problem with a chamois is that your in effect rubbing a flat surface over your paint work and if there is and specs of dirt of grit on the chamois then it will be scratching your paint and creating swirl marks which kill any shine your paint will have. Microfibre towels like the one posted above have a deep grain of pile which traps dirt and pulls it away from your paintwork so should reduce a lot of the swirl marks.
  24. The best spray sealer/wax on the market which isn't stupid money is this by Carpro. it blows everything out of the park by miles, Ive got a bottle of the Acrylic spritz by dodo juice and it doesn't come close car pro reload. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/140961565165?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649 I personally don't really rate Dodo juice supernatural. I find it doesn't have a very long life, after a few weeks mine used to stop beading, I switched to autoglym HD wax and its miles better. Goes on easier, comes off easier, cheaper, has a great shine and if you give it 2 coats will still be beading like crazy for 2-3 months. DDSN might have changed their formula since i had it (been about 3 years) so i don't know if its improved, but i won't be going back to it.
×
×
  • Create New...