Jump to content

Tarmac@TarmacSportz

Trader
  • Posts

    11,276
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Tarmac@TarmacSportz

  1. That crunch sound makes me shivver
  2. No worries, everyone is entitled to free speech I just felt it was a bit harsh on Niko, I do try to ensure I sell the best products which is why I stay clear of sloped spacers, unbranded items and most replica's. Motordyne is argueably the best spacer brand on the market and it is proven, as with most performance mods you get more out of them with an uprev as we all know but I didn't sell the spacer to Niko saying it will give you 15bhp extra, he pm'd me asking if I had any in stock and I did. As for this.... Nissan R&D would have done countless tests to find the optimal air circulation around the plenum, agreed? Completely disagree im afraid... do you think if that was the case then they wouldnt have designed a better: Exhaust Airbox Ypipe Cats Aerodynamics ECU Im glad they didn't though as there would be no need for suppliers like me
  3. Maybe we should say how many Andys there are too ???
  4. Im sure i've seen even more members called Chris lately.... its freaking me out
  5. Is that sticker genuine ? Never seen one before... if you like it though thats all that matters. Cars looking good Adrian
  6. Think you are throwing your own personal opinion around a bit too much buddy !!! I sold this spacer to Niko, I've sold lots and just because you have a bee in your bonnet about it it doesn't mean you have to be quite so rude where other peoples money is involved. Wind your neck in +1, not sure why either. I got a proved increase of 9hp with NO tuning on my 350Z back in the day. The price might not be reflective to what it is, a bit of metal.. but I've spent more on even cheaper metal zugara, you got dyno papers before and after spacer? Zugara is of course entitled to his own opinion Just thought it was a bit harsh the way he said it on poor Niko's thread.. As Mark and Andlid have said they are Dyno proven, you will probably get 3x more gains from one of these than an induction kit that costs twice as much.. So in those terms its not a bad return for a little bit of metal
  7. If its under £40 they don't tend to bother... Generally its Price of goods plus price of shipping and insurance (x vat) if its over £180 then you get charged duty... duty rate depends on product. if its delivered by USPS (united states parcel service) then you may get a charge for handling when its transferred to Royal mail. usually £10
  8. Mine do, some over here don't... I have done on the website, didn't want to take any risks in this age of blame culture and lawsuits.
  9. This might help Niko http://www.motordyneengineering.com/manual.pdf
  10. As I thought... Thanks Biscuit
  11. Not doubting you at all but where have you quoted this from ? I want to be sure so I can give customers the correct info... Its just that I read a link saying that if VOSA did a side of the road inspection of your vehicle and found you had decats instead of cats then you would get a £60 on the spot fine and ordered to remove within 14 days or the fine would increase... Im pretty sure that was off a proper VOSA site but can't remember. If they were a perfectly fine mod then why do suppliers mark them for off road use only...?? Plus, if you were to try telling an insurance company that you had put decats on and explained what they did I don't think they would insure you.. Maybe an insurance person can comment on that though..
  12. Interesting.... its definately a grey area.. Like some do its probably worth just declaring it as an exhaust mod and switching over at MOT time if you can be bothered to do that.
  13. Think you are throwing your own personal opinion around a bit too much buddy !!! I sold this spacer to Niko, I've sold lots and just because you have a bee in your bonnet about it it doesn't mean you have to be quite so rude where other peoples money is involved. Wind your neck in
  14. So if it doesn't pass an MOT its not road legal Not passing an MOT and not being road legal are 2 different things. if your car fails the MOT then its not classed as roadworthy. This doesn't make the decats illegal. There is no law that I know of that requires a road going car to have a cat fitted. there was a law bought in that all cars made after "I think 2001" or round that time that all cars must be fitted with a Cat. I did look into it a few weeks back due to putting them on the website, I uploaded some this week and have put 'not for road use' on them. It is a grey area but if you were to be pulled by Vosa for an inspection and you had decats then you would be fined and ordered to remove them within 14 days. So... It's illegal to drive a car without a valid MOT and Decats won't pass an MOT. So put it this way, driving a car with decats isn't road legal. Like I say it's up to the end user but I personally wouldn't take the risk, although tons do.
  15. So if it doesn't pass an MOT its not road legal Correct. But cars have been known to pass an MOT with a decat - mine passed its MOT for 4 years running with a decat I think that's luck rather than legal
  16. So if it doesn't pass an MOT its not road legal
  17. Plus most insurers won't insure them as they are not 'road legal' you would have to be pretty unlucky but it's a performance mod so insurers would wriggle out of a claim if they investigated your car. Not a risk I would personally take HFCs all the way
  18. I think the stance looks pretty good as it is
  19. Ha ha !! No way .. I thought it was odd when asked about the lighter flywheel, "we recommend these for race cars". I'm definately bagsying a passenger ride on a trackday !! LOL good job Bride like foam then Thanks for sorting it mate -looks Shame to hide it in the car! Gotta love a clutch that has instructions on - "use when drag racing" and "How to warm clutch for race start"
  20. Praise the lord that clutch was ok otherwise Tarmac Sportz would be declaring bankrupsy
  21. Welcome to the retard brigade... Myself and Ian are honoury members but I think you can join too
  22. Whats happened now then ?
  23. Hi I have one of these US Z logo'd boot matt for the 350z convertible left in stock. Won't be selling these again so this is reduced to clear
  24. Looking good Quick tip, the camera lense can greased up with crap in your pocket or toddlers snot if you have a kid. Give it a quick wipe and it will get rid of that cloudy image
×
×
  • Create New...