Jump to content

Neilp

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    11,236
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Neilp

  1. Its not heavy breaking that causes it. its down to the fact that if the disc runout isn't spot on the disc touches the brake pad more, or constantly, in one area
  2. Magnatec is probably the worst oil you could have chose to be honest! I'm sure the boys above will give you a recommendation on another oil viscosity. Personally I would have went with Motul, Millers or Fuschs Titan Race Pro S
  3. Wicked car! To be honest the whites a little bright for me. Personally I would have went a satin grey/black. Looks great though! Would love to buy one as a track toy one day
  4. Dude! you realise you have just jinxed it and tempted fate!! Last year was a wet one, I hope it does stay dry! Are you camping on going luxury like Chris and Kris? It's a wet one every year! lol. Hopefully the only thing wet this year is my throat with Jack D Single Barrel! Marty! Get the orders into the bar!
  5. Haha wouldn't surprise me
  6. I totally agree! Chris and Kris will defo be spooning!
  7. Dude! you realise you have just jinxed it and tempted fate!! Last year was a wet one, I hope it does stay dry! Are you camping on going luxury like Chris and Kris?
  8. Hi Mate, No, if the hub has any sort of dirt on it etc it can cause the disc to run out. Ultimately it ends up with DTV. The tolerances on the 350z are pretty small. Do you run spacers? Spacers have been known to cause this issue on some cars also.
  9. Did you check the disc run outs when fitting?
  10. I have oem discs that I could sell. They covered 25k before being removed but still got plenty of life in them. Edit: fronts only
  11. Looks good but the pipework has some serious size loss on the bends as they haven't used a mandrel bender to keep the pipe diameter consistent in the bends. Would love to have seen a before and after dyno to see what effect this has on the power. Looks really nice though at the rear!
  12. Gonna be a good one! See you all on friday!
  13. If it needs recharged then theres usually a leak. As an engineer with lots of A/C experience, I understand the damage that can be done to a system if not done correctly. Other A/C engineers, does anybody know how this is not covered under the f-gas regs? Is it purely down to weight of gas being used?
  14. You about tonight mate??? Will be mate, just heading to the gym. I'll bell you when i'm out. Will only take 2 mins to sort
  15. come to my bit and i will fix it for you
  16. R888's all the way! R888's are fine in wet as long as its not standing water. Very easy to get upto temp. Defo worth investing in a spare set of track wheels if you can. Ray's and R888's is an amazing combo
  17. Wicked mate! Can't wait to see the finished project!!
  18. Neilp

    my lady !!

    I really like this. Only thing I dont like is the square front reg! Cracking motor and wicked seats!
  19. lol! I think i'm getting too old these days too mate lol! Too used to driving about in the derv beemer the past few months! Got the car out for its first drive, in a few months, last week and i'm scared of it
  20. when the discs were installed, were the run outs checked?
  21. On the inside and out Ahh aw well I'm of no help
  22. Are the legs on the correct sides? I noticed on the sunset the megan racing sign is on the outside. Not sure if this makes a difference?
  23. Not really as we don't know your car that well and can't trace the history. This prevents people selling cars that are dogs on the forum and protects the members.
  24. This is a common fault from using low octane "normal" unleaded fuel in these cars.
×
×
  • Create New...