-
Posts
11,236 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by Neilp
-
Price Reduction to £850 delivered. After the next couple of days it will be going on ebay. I am open to offers still but I really need to get this out my garage and make room for my car again
-
I'm not sure, it fits the v1 fine but you would have to check the diameter of your toe-eye in the boot as mines is larger and its the reason i couldnt use this. I measure this one roughly at around 23mm give or take a few mm. Mines is much larger. I spoke to zmanalex who informed that there is two sizes. I will take offers on stuff guys typo corrected
-
is the paint code not under the bonnet on the badge thing?
-
oh oh... can't help with the paint colour but most reputable body shops should do the homework before spraying imo... feel for you mate, but if it was done at a cheap price this is usually what happens. Hope you get it sorted
-
looks about right. I paid over 18k for my 2006 in 2009 just before it turned 3 with 15k on clock. maybe 1k over price but with 11k miles on the clock its like a brand new car
-
mines has one too...if you want one it costs a fortune from nissan hope you got it cheap
-
It's a 3.5 gt btw... Bargain price regardless of whether it's a 300ps model or 313ps
-
The Next Step - or when 400HP is just not enough!
Neilp replied to Keyser's topic in Forced Induction
I think his 350z is running a couple of hundred horsepower more than the gtr... but the 350z is a soft top after all. Imagine how quick it could be as a coupe -
I have one for sale. I'm looking for 30quid delivered.
-
The Next Step - or when 400HP is just not enough!
Neilp replied to Keyser's topic in Forced Induction
Cars like Evo's and the R35 changes that though. I see complete numpties behind the wheel keeping up with proper drivers just because the car can sort out alot of their shortcomings. A good driver in the Zed (even 500HP) would struggle to keep up with a halfwit in a GTR. True you'll keep up with RWD Pokers all day long with their (mostly) "all the gear and no idea" drivers alex's r35 is slower round knockhill than his 350z by a good 3 or 4 seconds -
How come you had to ask that? Is there something wrong with it?
-
Epic!!
-
+1. If it's not consistenly getting to ignition stage with fan cycling on and off id certainly be looking at a pcb. The fan proving switch, if faulty, would throw it to error. If the burner catches a flame and then shuts off your looking at an ionisation probe needing replaced but the fact it works sometimes is a funny one tbh. Is it going to lock out at all and having to be reset before attempting ignition again?
-
about 4ish mate so we're up there in plenty of time and dont waste fuel hammering it up. You taking your zed up? I reckon so - not given it a good drive in ages :-) cool beanz mate, get you at my bit around 4ish ? i go forth road bridge to knockers. much much quicker than clackmananshire bridge
-
Combi-Boiler - 3 bed/1 bathroom experience?
Neilp replied to Rob_Quads's topic in Off Topic Discussion
yep thats a bargain mate, the only thing is if your not a gas engineer or registered installer company the warranty doesnt stand (for homers etc) the frozen condensate pipe is a normal issue these days with extremely cold winters -
http://www.evasivemotorsports.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=VOLTEX-GT-WING-5&Category_Code=VOLTEX_WING drooool
-
i was gonna say, those webbers are surely worth more than that alone get it bought
-
Combi-Boiler - 3 bed/1 bathroom experience?
Neilp replied to Rob_Quads's topic in Off Topic Discussion
what company and why? I work on combi's and system boilers everyday... whats the reason for not using a combi? Don't get me wrong Combi's have there place but if I was spending my own money I would still avoid. Over the years I've seen combi's become the thing to fit and in some circumstances for good reasons, One problem though is the amount of installations where a combi is chosen simply because it's the easiest/cheapest option without enough thought for the demands to be placed upon it. The most regular customer complaint we came across was of poor DHW on combi boilers, usually the boiler would be working to spec though and it was just that it did not produce the dhw the user was used to from their traditional system. You could argue this isn't an issue with the boiler and more the person specifying the correct boiler however I think it's still something to bear in mind. The other common issues with combi's included things like scale formation, where I am the water is exceptionally hard and it's not unknown for plate heat exchangers to fur up in just a few months, diverter valves becoming stuck due to scale build up and diaphragms splitting. Yes you can get water softeners to help with this but in the testing we did the cheap ones just didnt work and the expensive ones are expensive! All combi's however well designed will have more components, moving parts, fittings, joints ect than a traditional boiler and all intricately crammed into a much smaller space than a traditional heating system so there has to be more potential for problems. I see you say you work on Combi's everyday, would that be because they break down the most regularly? That's certainly my experience. I'm not saying combis are rubbish just people should be aware they are not the be all and end all. If a particular combi fits a specific situation fair enough, we have sold many many combi's and have many many happy customers with them just be aware of the extra complexity of them and so the extra potential for problems. As for system boilers I have no problem with them at all, they're a great compromise and if I was replacing my boiler it's what I would have. I would rather not name my company as I still have an involvement there and dont really want to become there spokesman on this forum, forgive me if I don't post on this much more either as I sold up so that I didnt have to spend 24 hours a day thinking about boilers and I'm already boring myself! i do agree with most of what you said to be honest. I work on them everyday as my company has a massive client with over 600 site which need serviced yearly. Its not breakdowns. Most breakdowns i have been to is faulty pcb's and faulty pressure switches tbh. The dhw being poor is always down to the person choosing the boiler. I'm also a design technician which allows me to have that little edge over a normal "fitter" What people do forget is that you can still get efficient condensing system boilers and dont always need condensing combi's. For small properties with small occupancy i'd say the combi is a great idea but if you are talking multiple bathrooms and showers etc, ie a very large property a condensing system boiler with calorifier will always work better unless we're into massive combi's with huge heat input/output. I'm qualified for domestic and commercial properties so the boilers/burners i can work on can range from 1kw to 1MW heat inputs so i have a fairly broad insight into these things Unfortunately many of the installers/fitters/whatever they prefer to be called that I have dealt with over the years dont have the depth of knowledge you obviously do and it tends to be these guy's who just fit the combi everytime as the easy option. That added to what became almost the fashion of fitting combi's as some kind of wonder boiler that has no drawbacks then you can see why I feel compelled to chirp up when a combi is universally recommended. Anyway that's enough from me,who wants to talk about boilers when there's shiny cars to look at. -
about 4ish mate so we're up there in plenty of time and dont waste fuel hammering it up. You taking your zed up?
-
Nice, thought you would go FI though...wouldnt a SC or TT be better for tracking ? Bit of a mindfield on the GT wings, ideally you could do with seeing one in the flesh first, gimme a shout if you find one you like, might be able to source one.... Although due to the cost and fragility I would be scared sh!tless I will let you know! Ill keep a search on and give you a shout. lol ill see how money goes towards next year. was planning on tt'ing an hr engine but i havent even got the nitrous running yet so we will do it in stages unlike keyser who obviously has too much money
-
At last I have reached a milestone with only 1 warning I thought I better use my 4000th post wisely! Thanks to everyone who help run this place to keep me occupied most of the day! Big thanks you to all the guys I have met in the last 2 years and made good friends with, some of which will be life long friends Thanks to everyone
-
Are you looking at GT style wings ? i certainly am matey with carbon boots aswell and carbon high level boot spoiler Seen anything ? Ings Voltex C West All do a GT style rear wing im still trying to decide what to go for. I will be buying after the summer though. Car will be off the road end of august to get the nitrous done and start stripping it to prep for a cage
-
I still have the videos I am open to bribes He's actually very good no videos please... probably my worst performance ever