Jump to content

Vik54

Members
  • Posts

    7,471
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Vik54

  1. I wasn't even in Scotland in the 80's - was going through teen angst in the Midlands I know a lot of Scottish Tories - but most of them just give up and vote Lib dem I think my parents are prolly closet Tories - infact in my Mums case not even closet - my political beliefs certainly don't stem from family folklore. However my opinions are based on studying political theory at Uni and very strong left wing personal beliefs...c'mon I'm a Community Worker we all know that after maggie thatcher all scots don't vote tory. spoke to some while down at HMS collingwood a while back and they had very strong views on the tories, that they basically used scotland as a dumping ground and raped it silly. how true i don't know, i was too young to really know what was going on then. i think when it comes to cars we are like minded, but as soon as you veer off in to other territories people are very diverse, personally i agree with chesterfield. people have very short memories. my parents in 1989 end up with a house which was £30,000 in negative equity thanks to the last recession paid off in the end when they sold in 2004 for £150,000 more than they originally paid for it. also noticed how lots of people listen to family and old stigmas attatched to all parties. but to be honest they all kind of blend into the middle territory. labour learnt a while back that you just need to appeal to the masses long enough to get in. then you can do as you dam well please. i never voted for them in the last 2 elections and i certainly don't want them back for a 3rd session of distruction.
  2. and I thought we were all like minded people...how silly of me!
  3. I had similar experience on the phone with them when I was shopping for my zed - twice phoned them about a car to find it wasn't there - already 'sold' - but another coming in - if I would put a deposit down they'd hold it for me
  4. Welcome to the forum
  5. Mustang
  6. Vik54

    Matte zed?

    The orange will be much nicer anyway...I have already christened it "Clementine"
  7. Vik54

    Matte zed?

    Funny you should say that sarnie as purple was my wildcard choice.... but the manager of the shop talked me out of it lol Erm...no...you chickened out 'cos you knew I'd frickin kill you
  8. +1 - good luck!
  9. It is a shame you've had what you perceive to be such a bad experience with such a beautiful car especially when you bought it brand new. The only thing out of the ordinary I can see is your airbag failure though - I sincerely hope I get 50k out of my cutch Why on earth didn't you move dealer for servicing though? Gone are the days where your warranty is tied into servicing etc. If they're that bad please add them to this thread viewtopic.php?f=64&t=6668
  10. +1 - I didn't know Phil or have any business with ESR - was before my time - but am still mortified at the manner in which this thread was hijacked
  11. Blimey John - not having a lot of luck are you?!
  12. 56 plate Ebisu heading past Drumoig about 4pm - even waved!
  13. Is he single? must be old tho Vik, is it worth it? Shes probably hoping he wont last long and she inherits it all age would be irrelevant Sarah when you had a sex-ige and a 911 for track toys and Chris you should know by now am independent woman BTW - can you OD on viagra?
  14. I've been very well behaved so far Yup the Ti shims are in also - thought might as well give them a go
  15. Well I hope it was him
  16. LMFAO
  17. Hear hear and that would be a negatory on babe of the day...otherwise Nix, Paulie & I will have to have hunk of the day which will mean plenty of naked, chiselled torsos
  18. Only giving praise where praise is due Dave. If I posted up every time Alex went above and beyond with my car or helped me with the simple things like fluid changes, servicing, sourcing parts or simply listening to my sh*te the member trader's section would look like my own personal subforum Rich - you can see Alex's prices in the member traders subforum and (I make zero apologies for this) they're still as competitive and transparent as they always have been... believe you me I shop around before I buy
  19. Now I don't feel so bad I can't make it this year
  20. Saffy's been away visiting Mr T this weekend for her new brake set up...Performance Friction front rotors, Ti Shims, DBA 4000 series rear, HEL lines, Ferrodo DS2500 and RBF 660 fluid. I know I promised pics to some of you - here you go Front before Front after and again Rear before Rear after As usual Alex went above and beyond - fabricating clips to keep the HEL lines out of the way for track work and...as a surprise...wait for it... the new stubby fitted which required complete removel of the aerial mount to machine out the old thread- I've even got it stuck to a piece of card for posterity
  21. That's a shame Dave - but hope Wales makes up for it Wish I could've made it down to witness one of the best and biggest single club meets in the country. Obviously we've never met in 'real' life but hope to carry on the online conversations All the best
  22. Welcome to the forum Happy shopping
  23. Welcome to the forum You'll find parts through any of the traders on here...would suggest you find out who did the conversion to ask them about the speedo - you probaby just need UK displays - sorry haven't a clue about the ICE but am sure some of our resident experts will be along to help
×
×
  • Create New...