Finally found the one - One week wait for her :(

Hi guys, as some of you may know, I joined a while back looking for general help and hoping to find that perfect car from you forum addicts :p

Well as it turns out, today I bought my baby :) At the age of 20, it's a lot of car, and as my 2nd car, it's going to be pampered beyond belief, sorry to the girlfriend!!!

She is a black 2007 '56 plate car, Reg number VE56LND , Had one previous owner who sadly passed away, but left this car in great condition! It was serviced ever year on the dot.

Came with all the service history, receipts and original booklet and 2 keys. Unfortunately there are some niggles, it has light scratches, from bushes I think, but they'll polish out easily

More importantly, there are NO, let me repeat... ZERO dents on the car :D Most important of all though, she runs smooth, flawlessly.

I guess thats the 50k miles and full history part doings its job.

Unfortunately the previous owner was a bit older, and not as agile, and has thus worn away the bolster slightly. The dealer has promised to have this fixed for when I pick it up, one agonising week later on the 18th of July

I tried to listen for any weird noises or feel anything, but nothing came out. No clicky noises when taking off or reversing, brakes dead straight and smoothly, power is solid and strong through the rev range and gears too

Now I just need to try and stop myself from spending more and more money. Eyeing up Carbon mirrors, door trim ( mine are tatty ) and some form of satnav as this car doesn't have it.

I will try and get some pictures posted asap and if there are any issues with my post, apart from being badly written, feel free to tell me/fix them :)

Can someone recommmend a cure for the heartache, that comes with a one week wait before I can go get her? I Would suggest a drive...

Hi mike. Well done. Great news you have found what you wanted. There is a meet in beaulie ( think ive spelt that wrong ) anyhow next month not far from you if you fancy it. Congratulations again from another mike

Congrats on your purchase mate - liking forward to seeing pics.

With regards to the door trim, if it's grab handle panels then just pop them out and respray them. Cheap as chips :)

I figured this much, jam a plastic tool thing in there and pop them out, had to do something similar on my old car. Painted them Mercedes Obsidian Black lol was half way between matt and metallic, had a nice high quality plastic look to it. Probably just go matt black for now, keep it smooth then get them aqua dipped as theres someone on here that does it , so they'll be getting a message soon, in around a month

• Like 1

Hi mike. Well done. Great news you have found what you wanted. There is a meet in beaulie ( think ive spelt that wrong ) anyhow next month not far from you if you fancy it. Congratulations again from another mike

I believe its Beaulie too, but yeah I might actually go, be my first ever car meet, problem is I work night shifts so it'll have to see how I feel around the time, can always pop a can of monster or 2 :p

Congrats :thumbs:

I believe its Beaulie too,

and its Beaulieu :blush:

I don't believe the foreigners are correcting us now :wacko::lol:

@ OP - Congrats on the find mate sounds like a nice one :thumbs:

To cure the boredom while you wait to collect her you can pop down to mine and practice washing a Zed (I'll provide the Zed) that way you will be ready when yours arrives :thumbs:

:lol:

• Like 5

Congrats :thumbs:

I believe its Beaulie too,

and its Beaulieu :blush:

I don't believe the foreigners are correcting us now :wacko::lol:

@ OP - Congrats on the find mate sounds like a nice one :thumbs:

To cure the boredom while you wait to collect her you can pop down to mine and practice washing a Zed (I'll provide the Zed) that way you will be ready when yours arrives :thumbs:

:lol:

sure we can let you loose on mine as well. :teeth:

Welcome along Mike!

Nice to see some more young blood!

My son is 19 and has had some terrifying insurance quotes for 1litre shopping trollies so can I be cheeky and ask what you paid for your lovely new Z?

Unfortunately I'm about a month away from my first year of no claims so it's a tad high at the moment, at around £1800 a year. Not bad when you consider my first car was an E46 318i and that worked out around £1500 a year. Would much prefer to spend that on mode or tyree and fuel!!!

Welcome along Mike!

Nice to see some more young blood!

My son is 19 and has had some terrifying insurance quotes for 1litre shopping trollies so can I be cheeky and ask what you paid for your lovely new Z?

Unfortunately I'm about a month away from my first year of no claims so it's a tad high at the moment, at around £1800 a year. Not bad when you consider my first car was an E46 318i and that worked out around £1500 a year. Would much prefer to spend that on mode or tyree and fuel!!!

If it makes you feel any better i'm 40yrs my Zed was £289 a year . . then I moved abroad . . I have a Jeep Wrangler now, its $2600 a year with 35% discount :surrender:

I have a Jeep Wrangler now, its $2600 a year with 35% discount :surrender:

How much?!??! :scare: :scare: :scare:

Tell me about it :dry: Its more about insuring the person rather than the Car here. If I had a Lambo then the insurance would not be much more. Also we don't pay Tax or have to get MOT's like you lot.

Oh and I have Earthquake damage cover as well . . mandatory :lol: