coroded windscreen wipers

galgazza

Hammerited one of mine and sanded it with a very fine grit, the other's just started to chip now.

You couldn't tell the difference. Didn't even need to take the arm off - though believe me I tried, have fun with that hahaha.

• Like 1

I just went a bought new arms :). The old ones came of really easy too. They have a plastic washer type arrangement that moulds to the splines and avoids the issue of seizing in place like most other cars.

How much did they cost you?

Where abouts from?

Edited by ZeppoJeff

I just went a bought new arms :). The old ones came of really easy too. They have a plastic washer type arrangement that moulds to the splines and avoids the issue of seizing in place like most other cars.

How much did they cost you?

Where abouts from?

if it beats the £10 total for paint, primer and sanding paper then I'm interested too ;)

Yeah I have a habit of buying cars in need of tlc. Spending a fortune on new OEM parts and selling them for more but still making a small loss overall lol.

It's ok I do that with motorbikes :lol:

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Same problem here, definetely letting the side down.

My garage however reckoned half the arm is steel, easy to spray, the other half aluminium which doesn't rub down easily, true?

Same problem here, definetely letting the side down.

My garage however reckoned half the arm is steel, easy to spray, the other half aluminium which doesn't rub down easily, true?

I just whipped them off, sanded them back, prime red and painted. The only tricky bit was finding somewhere not too damp and dusty to let them dry.

Same issue here, I have spent about half an hour trying to get one of mine off with no luck, i intend to strip mine back and paint.. I know they can be stubborn from time to time, but that's my Zed all over, she will give.. Someday.

Edited by Oggieteepo

Once you have the retaining nut off try pressing on the arm near the pivot where it joins the blade. It should just Spring off. Mine did!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Paul K

I so need to do this now.

I've been threatening for weeks.

But on slightly different note..

Fixed my skoosher problem today.

There was no pressure at all and there were certainly no "jets", so i removed the small inline filter and joined the pipes with a small insert.

Window skoosher is now known as turbo wash.

I got all the info on this forum again.

Thanks

Robert