Hi from a 350z wannabe

Hi.

Thought I would join up and ask some questions of you experts :)

Don't kick me for admitting I drive a KA! Hear me out.

I have like the 350z ever since I saw one when working away in Birmingham.

Difficult times and a young family have meant I haven't been able to invest yet.

Times are better so I'm looking to invest in something more manly than a KA.

I have been looking at RX8's for cheapness and to fill that petrol head desire but my heart lies with the 350z.

Someone please convince me to ignore my feeling to get a cheap RX8.

It will take me longer to find my 6k budget but never having even sat in a nizmo, will it be worth the wait??

Personally I would say read out the reviews on the rx8's that should be enough to convince you the 350z is the way to go.

Rx8's in general are cheap for a reason, many have or end up with hot / cold starting issues. Don't like being started and shut off without fully warming up (a 3 hour+ wait or a try at the de flood process) rebuild wise that's £1500+

The rotary lump is nice and revvy but not practical, more of a second car toy that you don't mind if it goes pop or gives up. Nice looking don't get me wrong just hard to live with.

The 350z is my first v6, I come from a line of jap motors and I love it, nice little creature comforts, great sounding engine and although it's not turbo it holds its own. The way it pulls really reminds me of my old r33.

Parkers may be the website to help, check the cars out and there's an owners review section too

• Like 1

Welcome aboard. :welcome:

£6K should see you in a 350Z easily enough.

Plenty of early models available in that price range although they will tend to be higher mileage, imports, non-GT models & some auto box examples.

Don't let the higher mileage examples worry you too much though providing it has a FSH and has been maintained according to the service schedule these engines are good to go well beyond 100K miles.

Service schedule here: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/31110-service-schedule-for-a-350z/

Buyers guide here: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/77426-buyers-guide/

Guide for new members/potential owners: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/22880-guide-for-new-memberspotential-buyers/

Zeds for sale on here: http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/51-zeds-for-sale/

• Like 1

If you want something cheaper (3k ish) how about an EP3 Civic Type R.

You'll love it's grab it by the scruff of the neck and thrash it nature. It'll satisfy you immensely. And that K20 Vtec sound.

I had a B18 Civic and I loved it.

Not trying to put you off a 350Z. It's just you mentioned budget.

You wouldn't regret spending 3k on a Type R.

You'd probably not lose much on it come sell up time either.

• Like 1

Thanks for the welcomes and advise.

Is 122,000 miles too much for a 350z?

There's quite a few members on here with higher mileage than that. As mentioned just check out for something with a nice amount of history. Keep checking around, there's plenty out there

• Like 1

:) WELCOME ABOARD :)

I'm also a newbie on this forum. I've had my Z exactly a year now and i do not regret it one bit. I once looked at the RX-8 but stayed away after reading up on it.

The Z just makes me smile, even when idlling in trafiic. Go for the Z. Just make sure it's not been abused.

Good luck!

• Like 1