DAS 6 Pro Plus

Dicky

Looking to buy a DAS 6 Pro Plus with 15mm throw. Best price I can find is from "Clean your Car" along with a couple of pads + two bottles of cutting paste and polish.

Anyone know if there are any better deals around?

Link to DAS 6

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/polishing-machines/das-6-pro-plus-dual-action-polisher/das-6-pro-plus-meguiars-hex-logic-kit/prod_1453.html

There is group buy on Detailing World (or at least there was very recently, but I think it's still open), but otherwise that's the best price I've seen for a kit with that machine.

I'm assuming you're aware of the pros and cons of Plus over the cheaper Pro and/or standard DAS6?

There is group buy on Detailing World (or at least there was very recently, but I think it's still open), but otherwise that's the best price I've seen for a kit with that machine.

I'm assuming you're aware of the pros and cons of Plus over the cheaper Pro and/or standard DAS6?

Well as far as I'm aware it's got a 850w rather than 500w motor, it has a 15mm throw rather than 8mm ? less vibration as well, and most importantly it goes with the colour of my eyes!

• Like 1

Well as far as I'm aware it's got a 850w rather than 500w motor, it has a 15mm throw rather than 8mm ? less vibration as well, and most importantly it goes with the colour of my eyes!

The Pro has a similar motor to the Plus - from memory I think it's ~830w.

Pro has the 8mm throw, the DAS6 is 6mm.

They can all fit different backing plates so you can get the spot pads for each of them, but there's areas on the Z (350 at least) that are difficult to access well with the larger throw - the angles on the arches, for example, are more difficult to polish with the Plus than the standard DAS6 even with spot pads. The advantage is that the larger panels like the bonnet are quicker to tackle with the Plus because of the extended throw.

If it's mainly for use on the Z, I'd suggest at least considering the Pro unless you already have a standard DAS6 or there's a particular reason you were after the Plus.

looks good but I hope you've already bought it... it's showing as out of stock :thumbdown:

Bugger....didn't notice that! ...to focused on the product and flipping between suppliers for best price.

Or, if you still want the Plus after my last post, get the machine separately and this kit.

FYI, the "Power Plus Polisher" option on that kit link is the same machine as the Pro, just a different colour so it won't match your eyes (and still listed under Kestrel's old naming system). For the postage cost on the Pro from CYC, you'll get the spot pads, backing plate plus extras as well from PB (which is free postage). :thumbs:

• Like 1

I get Rupes Bigfoot and a load of Nano products tomorrow......cant wait!

I've gone off you all of a sudden. :lol:

So has my bank manager.......I reckon the thick end of 600 notes ia about to fly out of the door tomorrow

I get Rupes Bigfoot and a load of Nano products tomorrow......cant wait!

show off ;)

Hey i've served my time battling my arse off with my trusty old G220D. Time to bring some firepower in!

don't forget the pics of the results :thumbs:

Or, if you still want the Plus after my last post, get the machine separately and this kit.

FYI, the "Power Plus Polisher" option on that kit link is the same machine as the Pro, just a different colour so it won't match your eyes (and still listed under Kestrel's old naming system). For the postage cost on the Pro from CYC, you'll get the spot pads, backing plate plus extras as well from PB (which is free postage). :thumbs:

+1 on the Polished Bliss soft paint kit!

The Pro has a similar motor to the Plus - from memory I think it's ~830w.

Pro has the 8mm throw, the DAS6 is 6mm.

They can all fit different backing plates so you can get the spot pads for each of them, but there's areas on the Z (350 at least) that are difficult to access well with the larger throw - the angles on the arches, for example, are more difficult to polish with the Plus than the standard DAS6 even with spot pads. The advantage is that the larger panels like the bonnet are quicker to tackle with the Plus because of the extended throw.

If it's mainly for use on the Z, I'd suggest at least considering the Pro unless you already have a standard DAS6 or there's a particular reason you were after the Plus.

WOW....STANDS BACK IN AMAZEMENT...I'm a total novice and you've just thrown me a big curve. The only polishing assistance I've used is ELBOW GREASE. Hadn't thought of panel contours, nor did I know about different backing plates nor spot pads. My heads begining to hurt now. A little more research is needed me thinks!

Edit: by the way is that right the Z is considered to have a Soft paint?

Edited by Dicky

Hi, as said above very soft paint, had my old Das 6 for over 4 years now, works as well as anything I've seen. The hardest bit is to get mops and pads with a compound you like, every one has their own preference. Detailing world have this guide still in use today if your new to the game well worth the read. One simple tip is to place a black mark on the top of your backing plate to see the pads movement. you'll see what I mean.

http://www.detailing...rypolishing.pdf

• Like 1

WOW....STANDS BACK IN AMAZEMENT...I'm a total novice and you've just thrown me a big curve. The only polishing assistance I've used is ELBOW GREASE. Hadn't thought of panel contours, nor did I know about different backing plates nor spot pads. My heads begining to hurt now. A little more research is needed me thinks!

As Ogman says, Nissan paint is very soft - which is a bit of an advantage when it comes to correction as it requires less effort. :lol:

The Polished Bliss kit is ideal for the Z's paint IMO, it's the kit I started out with (and the pads I still prefer now) so I would always recommend this kit for the Z as it comes with everything needed, which then just leaves the choice of machine.

The standard DAS6 is perfectly adequate for correcting Nissan paint, however the Pro is just that little bit better all round. The additional throw on the Pro over the standard doesn't really cause too many issues with the Z's curves, but there are areas that even the standard struggles to get to (around the rear spoiler/boot lid/badge area for example).

Personally, given the choice, I'd opt for the Pro (or rather the Power Plus with the PB kit) if it fits into your budget, but the standard machine is still a very good "budget" option.

• Like 1

As Ogman says, Nissan paint is very soft - which is a bit of an advantage when it comes to correction as it requires less effort. :lol:

The Polished Bliss kit is ideal for the Z's paint IMO, it's the kit I started out with (and the pads I still prefer now) so I would always recommend this kit for the Z as it comes with everything needed, which then just leaves the choice of machine.

The standard DAS6 is perfectly adequate for correcting Nissan paint, however the Pro is just that little bit better all round. The additional throw on the Pro over the standard doesn't really cause too many issues with the Z's curves, but there are areas that even the standard struggles to get to (around the rear spoiler/boot lid/badge area for example).

Personally, given the choice, I'd opt for the Pro (or rather the Power Plus with the PB kit) if it fits into your budget, but the standard machine is still a very good "budget" option.

I'm gona take your advice and buy the Pro and Bliss Kit. It's a good starting point if nothing else and as experience grows I can adapt to suite. Thanks for your help and that of everyone else..................just joking about matching the colour of my eyes you know!

Edit: Pro Plus ordered, now for the Bliss Kit!

Edited by Dicky
  • Like 2