Newbie needs some 19 inch wheels advice

jonty88

Hey guys,

Had my Z for a couple of months now so starting to seriously think more about changing the alloys. For ages ive been deciding over Rota Torques, Grid Drifts and MXR's. However I saw this pic recently and it started to get me thinking about the possiblity of 19's. So im just wanting to know, is there any problems with fitting them straight on? (Rubbing, arch rolling, suspension, certain tyre profiles, etc etc...) I dont plan to lower my car as I already scrape the odd speed bump / curb at stock height! Thanks guys

Ps. does anybody have any experience of running the Linear Corse wheels below?

MG1066-X2.jpg

Thanks for the input guys! do you have to run a certain tyre profile like 35's? is 45 to big?

I do like the track look of 18s but im not planning to lower my car which is why im turning to 19s to fill the arch's a little better

Edited by jonty88

The over all size stays the same either on 18" or 19" , its the offset that will fill the arches more or not .

Thanks dude sorry to drag you over to this post as well. Trying to get the other removed :mellow:

The over all size stays the same either on 18" or 19" , its the offset that will fill the arches more or not .

I think he means arch gap as in top of tyre to to arch, which offset or 18, 19 will not help with, only lowering.

Jonty, rolling diameter stays the same with 18's, 19's or 20's, or should do, to be in line with your current rolling diameter (overall size inc tyre). Basically your tyre profile gets smaller to allow for the extra wheel diameter, so whatever your gain in wheel size, you loose in tyre size.

Use this to help you keep near the same: http://www.tyresave.co.uk/tyresize.html

Edited by Jetpilot
  • Like 1

I think he means arch gap as in top of tyre to to arch, which offset or 18, 19 will not help with, only lowering.

Jonty, rolling diameter stays the same with 18's, 19's or 20's, or should do, to be in line with your current rolling diameter (overall size inc tyre). Basically your tyre profile gets smaller to allow for the extra wheel diameter, so whatever your gain in wheel size, you loose in tyre size.

Use this to help you keep near the same: http://www.tyresave....k/tyresize.html

Thank you Jet, that is exactly what I meant! Great advice thanks. I like the look of a 35 profile tyre however im sure I well expect a loss in ride comfort

Use this to help you keep near the same: http://www.tyresave.co.uk/tyresize.html

This has just made my decision on going for 19s. Maybe stupid, but I never really thought about the 18s and 19s overall rolling diameter being of the same size due to variations in tyre wall depth. Thanks lol! I can live with discomfort, I want the 19s lol

Having Driven on 18s and 19s

18s win for driving and 19s win for posing

If you go 19s try to get a set up thats 255/35/19 front and 275/35/19 rear as them sizes are the closest to factory rolling radius as you can get

my 18s ;)

11312822_10155843059800508_1120052765869455044_o.jpg

Edited by StevoD
  • Like 2

This has just made my decision on going for 19s. Maybe stupid, but I never really thought about the 18s and 19s overall rolling diameter being of the same size due to variations in tyre wall depth. Thanks lol! I can live with discomfort, I want the 19s lol

I went from the Rays 18" alloys to Rota 19" alloys.

9.5J 245/35/19 ET20 up front and 10.5J 275/35/19 ET20 rear and imo there is no discomfort compared with the 18's. Nothing noticeable anyway imho. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Just a quick question, ive been looking at the Grid Drifts but love the concave of the Rota GTR wheels, would I be able to fit 19x10'' ET20 All round? Just not a big fan of having the more concaved wheels at the rear only

Having Driven on 18s and 19s

18s win for driving and 19s win for posing

If you go 19s try to get a set up thats 255/35/19 front and 275/35/19 rear as them sizes are the closest to factory rolling radius as you can get

my 18s ;)

11312822_10155843059800508_1120052765869455044_o.jpg

Your car sits so nicely on those 18s mate! :thumbs:

• Like 1

Nice one Payco, im liking the GTR's! Do you have 10'' on the rear and 9'' on the front? Thinking I would like 10'' all round if they fit ok on the fronts

Buy the real thing buddy :) No need for 10" fronts, 9 or 9.5 is perfect for the tyre size :)

http://www.350z-uk.c...mgt4s-for-sale/

These are nice mate but cant help thinking I like the concave on the Rota's a little more!