Newbie needs some 19 inch wheels advice

jonty88

Having Driven on 18s and 19s

18s win for driving and 19s win for posing

If you go 19s try to get a set up thats 255/35/19 front and 275/35/19 rear as them sizes are the closest to factory rolling radius as you can get

my 18s ;)

11312822_10155843059800508_1120052765869455044_o.jpg

Your car sits so nicely on those 18s mate! :thumbs:

It really does, this setup pushes me away from 19's. Be interested in knowing the specs, offsets and tyre sizes for this setup, combined with the arch gap it all just looks meaty.

• Like 1

Having Driven on 18s and 19s

18s win for driving and 19s win for posing

If you go 19s try to get a set up thats 255/35/19 front and 275/35/19 rear as them sizes are the closest to factory rolling radius as you can get

my 18s ;)

11312822_10155843059800508_1120052765869455044_o.jpg

Your car sits so nicely on those 18s mate! :thumbs:

It really does, this setup pushes me away from 19's. Be interested in knowing the specs, offsets and tyre sizes for this setup, combined with the arch gap it all just looks meaty.

This is exactly what I was thinking, the fitment is sexy

Japan racing Jr3 available from Tarmac Sportz

18x9.5 et15 255/40/18 Pilot super sports upfront

18x10.5 et15 275/40/18 Pilot super sports in the rear

ride height was just adjusted on coilovers until i was happy

18s are a hard to size to get right but when you do its awesome and if like me you love a bit of meaty tyre rocket bunny battle stance cant go wrong with 18s

13715531834_71f7001d4d_b.jpg

13715173843_b6fe6785fd_b.jpg

Edited by StevoD
  • Like 1

Agreed Steve! Thats why I love the stance of those 18s, although im staying at stock height so my car will just look like a 4x4 Bunny :lol:

Those Panasport wheels are the sex, my favorite wheels but literally impossible to get hold of :dry: I would have those over any other wheels

Hey guys,

Had my Z for a couple of months now so starting to seriously think more about changing the alloys. For ages ive been deciding over Rota Torques, Grid Drifts and MXR's. However I saw this pic recently and it started to get me thinking about the possiblity of 19's. So im just wanting to know, is there any problems with fitting them straight on? (Rubbing, arch rolling, suspension, certain tyre profiles, etc etc...) I dont plan to lower my car as I already scrape the odd speed bump / curb at stock height! Thanks guys

Ps. does anybody have any experience of running the Linear Corse wheels below?

MG1066-X2.jpg

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum, but these wheels look great! I was thinking 19's are overkill, but seeing these I have changed my mind! Going to research some sizing and tyre costs and weights, compared to 18" Rays. Like the look of them, but would like to see them in person ideally first.

Both 18s and 19s will look a bit crap without lowering IMO.

I've had both and I thought the look of wider 18s looked a bit monster truckish before lowering. Looks a million times better after lowering though :teeth:

I have similar style 19,s to yours original post and run fine without and modifications. 8.5J and 9.5J with 245/34 and 275/35.

96f8efb149d7413efddd2c13695d9fbc.jpg

Hope that helps

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

That's bloody impressive! I thought 275's would require some mods, but I definitely would want that :D

You guys are costing me future money! Gonna have to look at 265 or 275's now!!!

Sorry I'm late to the party but how far did you get with this Jonty?

Loving those Linear Corses and I'm thinking of 19", 9 up front and 10 back but looking for tyre advice. What would you guys recommend so the walls don't look too rolled back? Payco's set up looks about right but I know he's running half an inch wider at the front?

Loving those Linear Corses and I'm thinking of 19", 9 up front and 10 back but looking for tyre advice. What would you guys recommend so the walls don't look too rolled back? Payco's set up looks about right but I know he's running half an inch wider at the front?

255/35/19 front

275/35/19 rear

is closest to factory rolling radius

Hi Mate, no worries!

Im currently still looking at wheels as im waiting for the funds, hoping to purchase some in the next couple of months, just being extra picky as they have to look / fit right.

Im still unsure on the linear course wheels as I haven't seen a UK car with them on, and wanting to know whether they will clear the Brembos etc. However if they do fit then I wont see many driving around with the same setup :D

255/35/19 front

275/35/19 rear

is closest to factory rolling radius

Also Stevo, I saw your car throttle spotted picture and wondered what wheels are on your car? Love the look of them