What Game are you currently playing ?

Suits

It seems there will be a lot of running about for nothing, but I played skyrim without any fast travel so I'll dig my heels in for now and stick it out.

Haha she sounds a keeper!

I've just started playing it about 30% through but I've done loads of side quests ~rank 11 in all 3 areas. The key to travelling is map/quest management - Just head to areas where you have a number of quests points to do and don't feel like you have to rush through any particular quest line. You can also build upgrades to temporarily run quicker. Even without the speed upgrades it only take a few minutes to get from one side of the map to the other so its not really an issue, especially if your tagging off parts of quests on the way.

The thing that annoys me most is that there are only 2 quartermasters on the whole map and they are right next door to each other. Makes collecting supply drops pretty annoying.

The Dying Light companion app is a good way to keep ammo and medkits stocked up. I spend 5 minutes each night on it and have new supplies waiting for me the next day.

Completed Chapter 1 of MGS5, now onto Chapter 2

No idea what chapter I'm on, :dry: ..released Africa some time ago, is that chapter 2?

I'm around 36% complete and have the gorgeous Quite to accompany me now on my missions.

We're best buds & I've unlocked her blood, silver & gold skins although her standard "naked" skin is the best imo. Pity shes not actually naked though. :blush::lol:

Another reason I chose my case carefully before building anything.

Years down the line my Lian Li V2000 still has room for anything :D

Absolutely. Thing is, I had zero plans to start gaming again when I bought this PC (indeed, it was an emergency purchase as the other one started being a knob and resetting itself every 5 mins) so didn't even consider it. If I'd bought something like a Titan then I'd probably have thought to check dimensions, but a sodding 980 should really be fitting any full size case these days. However, it was nothing a pair of tin snips, some duct tape and packaging foam couldn't sort out ;)

Haha! Previous to my titan I had a 750ti which was a tiny little thing despite actually being a pretty good card for the money... Bought the titan and it is what is says. Its massive. There's not a lot of clearance in my case, but I could have been stung! So +1 for checking it fits first!

• 2 weeks later...

Well I finally took the plunge and bought myself a PS4 on a deal with Argos along with Fallout4 and Elder Scrolls online, haven't tried that yet but quite impressed with fallout 4, although I am finding it a fair bit harder than 3 or New Vegas, the combat seems a lot harder...more enemies and harder to kill.

Well I finally took the plunge and bought myself a PS4 on a deal with Argos along with Fallout4 and Elder Scrolls online, haven't tried that yet but quite impressed with fallout 4, although I am finding it a fair bit harder than 3 or New Vegas, the combat seems a lot harder...more enemies and harder to kill.

Fallout 4- Keep with it. I found the start very hard but this soon changes once you level up. Crafting weapons and armor is really important and make sure you read through the perks screen and invest into the areas you want to unlock (e.g. you might need to increase your endurance before you can obtain a high level perk under that section). Doing this early on helps as you level up quickly in the beginning.

Edited by bamdc2
  • Like 1

Fallout 4- Keep with it. I found the start very hard but this soon changes once you level up. Crafting weapons and armor is really important and make sure you read through the perks screen and invest into the areas you want to unlock (e.g. you might need to increase your endurance before you can obtain a high level perk under that section). Doing this early on helps as you level up quickly in the beginning.

Interesting thanks for the tips, I am only just at the car factory trying to sort out the raiders, and I have died about four times just on that, I am at level 6, seems to level up quite quick but I still haven't got into the perks yet.

• Like 1

Played Fallout 4 for an hour, cba to run a hundred miles to the 2nd quest.

So bought it on the Xbox one for the GF to play instead :lol:

All about Rainbow 6 Siege right now! Epic game.

Edited by grundy225

Is rainbow 6 really that good? Have been seriously tempted as loved the previous ones. Fallout 4 is taking up all my time though!

Is rainbow 6 really that good? Have been seriously tempted as loved the previous ones. Fallout 4 is taking up all my time though!

It's a new type of game, fully destructible maps etc, siege/fortify buildings, attack defend.

Not your typical run and spray COD game.

Only downside to it compared to it's previous vegas games are, less guns and no 3rd person cover system.

• Like 1

Fallout 4 has now been finished. Well, one of the four endings anyway, so I guess technically that's my 'true' ending. I think I clocked in about 100 hours on that, and I still reckon I've half the map to see yet!

However, that will have to wait. As I now have a spanky new GeForce 980 in the PC, I figured it was time to give it a workout. F4 looks beautiful on the Xbone, but it's even better on the PC cranked to Ultra. Now, I can't actually tell any difference in framerate despite the Xbone managing 30fps at best and the PC knocking out a solid 60fps constantly, but it's the draw distance and the gloss over the world that I notice the most. Control system is VERY fiddly on the PC, and whilst I could use the Xbone controller I want a slightly different experience humping through the Commonwealth this time round.

I've also turned on full cheats, so I'm starting at level 150 with all the perks I could reasonably want, and infinite junk and ammo and stuff. Makes for a totally different game, so stealth isn't that critical but building bases sure is a lot more fun! Since I know the story I don't feel cheated at all, I'm just enjoying mucking around a bit. 'Tis great.

I also fired up PCars on the PC too, and no great surprises that it looks a hell of a lot better than the Xbone. It also feels a lot better too, even out of the box, so I reckon this could well get me back into the game. Shame it's only running on my 55" telly in the mancave rather than the main telly downstairs, but I can use my reclining chair up here and it's a much more 'racecar' sitting position with the wheel & pedals. Yup, I think I'm going to enjoy PC gaming again. :)

Interesting read Dan. ;)

I'm still playing hard on MGSV with a little bit of F1 2015 in between.

I'm now at around 56% odd completion on MGSV after completing level 30. Still so much left to do though which is a good thing as at least I'm not bored of it yet despite the repetitive nature of the side ops missions which imo is the only minor let down of the game. :thumbs:

I'm now at around 56% odd completion on MGSV after completing level 30. Still so much left to do though which is a good thing as at least I'm not bored of it yet despite the repetitive nature of the side ops missions which imo is the only minor let down of the game. :thumbs:

Have you returned to Mother Base while it's raining yet? (While having Quiet as your Buddy?)

Have you returned to Mother Base while it's raining yet? (While having Quiet as your Buddy?)

She's always my buddy, ...don't go anywhere without her in my chopper. :lol:

Oh and no I haven't done that yet but I've seen a video on Youtube of what the possible out come of doing that would be. :D I'll have to try it next time thanks for reminding me. ;)

Interesting thanks for the tips, I am only just at the car factory trying to sort out the raiders, and I have died about four times just on that, I am at level 6, seems to level up quite quick but I still haven't got into the perks yet.

Character start tip. Luck 5 - Intelligence 1. Unlock the "Idiot Savant" perk and pump points into Endurance & Perception. When maxed,progress the story mission until the Prydwen arrives & repeat the "Learning Curve" mission by killing the scribe from the air (youtube video available)

Important that you stack points without using them for maximising intelligence effectively.

Have fun!