First impressions

LouOsteo

Hi all

This isn't so much car related, but I just wanted to say what a great impression you lot have made on me as a newbie!

We went to Goodwood Supercar Sunday over the bank holiday weekend in convoy and whilst we were waiting for our party to join us at the Emsworth services we decided to go and say hi to a group of other car enthusiasts. Turns out they were from Wessex Car Owners Club and I have to say their behaviour didn't endear me towards them at all. They made no effort to converse or welcome us, which came as a bit of a disappointment. I feel it necessary to say that this forum has given me no such impression....quite the contrary in fact....the welcome messages and willingness of members to give advice and help where needed have not gone unnoticed and I'm so far delighted that I've chosen to (hopefully not too far off into the future) become a fully fledged member of this owners club. Keep up the good work chaps and chapesses!

• Like 8

Hi all

This isn't so much car related, but I just wanted to say what a great impression you lot have made on me as a newbie!

We went to Goodwood Supercar Sunday over the bank holiday weekend in convoy and whilst we were waiting for our party to join us at the Emsworth services we decided to go and say hi to a group of other car enthusiasts. Turns out they were from Wessex Car Owners Club and I have to say their behaviour didn't endear me towards them at all. They made no effort to converse or welcome us, which came as a bit of a disappointment. I feel it necessary to say that this forum has given me no such impression....quite the contrary in fact....the welcome messages and willingness of members to give advice and help where needed have not gone unnoticed and I'm so far delighted that I've chosen to (hopefully not too far off into the future) become a fully fledged member of this owners club. Keep up the good work chaps and chapesses!

Yay another Portsmouth member. You have just missed a local meet but keep a eye out in the south coast bit and I'm sure there will be another coming up. Any pics of your Zed? You going to japfest?

Good to hear and welcome to the club.

When I first bought my zed and joined the forum I had no idea how things would turn out. It's become a big part of much social life, I've made a number of very close friends here and try to meet up when we can. Meets, drives, weekends away, Wales, the lakes, the hoon, europe, track days....it's been great and long may it continue.

Hope you have fun here.

• Like 1

I don't have a zed yet....but I'm almost certain I want a 350...got to save for that and a house (house apparently when you are 30 you have to be responsible! )

I was absolutely thinking of Japfest and I'm always up for local meets. As is my other half (but he said to check you won't mind him bringing a mongrel skyline!)