Finally after two years... New seats!!!

Crb

So after nearly two years ive finally got round to doing something to the seats. The old stock ones were pretty scruffy and my initial plans were to have some custom leather on them, but it turned out the drivers seat was pretty much knackard. However a set of OMP mounts came up for sale on here so ive gone down the aftermarket seat route instead.

74be82903a070d94b613a21aec979448.jpg

f76f70aed87310db7b5103736041f050.jpg

d5e5eb8e80439396a129690bda088cc9.jpg

They are the sparco r100 and considering they are not at the expensive end of the market, I find them really comfortable and supportive. Plus I think they look pretty good too

• Like 10

Those look gorgeous!, How tall do they sit? What mounts did you go with to get them to fit, would love to get a set of these in my z.

OMP mounts and sparco sliders. They sit about the same height of the stock seats. The passenger seat fits perfectly but the drivers side is a little tight on the top belt mount. It's as though seat could do with moving a half inch towards the centre console.

1613049d9697ceb3a830c823e9751cf3.jpg

Edited by Crb

Goddam it why did you have to put pictures of these beauties up. My house fund is going to take a pounding again finding a set fo rails, sliders and R100s to go in my zed. ****.

Seats £200 each

Sliders £30 each

OMP mounts £100 each (or in my case £90 for the pair!!!)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Anyway of getting aftermarket seats to sit lower? These look mighty high in car..

I took out my drivers seat the other night to start looking at fitting new seats.

The drivers side rear inner seat mount is raised a couple of inches up from the floor which is why most after market subframes are so high.

This is a mock up rail with the outer rail bent up to the height of the inner mount, you can see how much this pushes the seat up.

nzroll.jpg

My subframe is going to sit on the floor, with a leg up the to the oem mount. It will move the seat slightly to the right, but I can fit in with a helmet when I test fitted the seat (6'1")

Loads of pictures/info here of a guy in the US modifying the Planted seat bases

http://my350z.com/fo...at-bracket.html

12908350434_c4c1e48f93_c.jpg

• Like 1