ARB & Drop Link Combo

Ceejay29

Hi Guys,

After a bit of advice concerning the above.

I have just put the zed back on the road and it is knocking on the front; could be a number of things most probably banana arm ball joint or bushes. MOT is due so will ask them to inspect. I am also in the process of upgrading the suspension set up on the zed and would like to buy front and rear ARB's with adjustable drop links. I have been considering Eibach ARB's and Whiteline links. What do we think? The reason I ask is based on a bad experience with Japspeed, notably their adjustable links......lasted the best part of 3 days on the car - they are pants!

The car has been dropped on coilovers (which will be replaced by a higher spec in the winter - maybe sooner) and has adjustable camber arms etc; seems right to sort out the ARB and links.

Thanks

Eibach and Whittling are fine. Both got good reputations for suspension components :thumbs:

When I was researching ARB's I decided on the Eibach because of the adjustability and the ease of customer service and aftersales I would have had with any of our Eibach traders on here :)

• Like 2

I'm sorry but there's nothing wrong with Whiteline drop links we have sold hundreds of sets and not had one complaint.

Whiteline components including droplinks are used in many of our customers Time Attack and 22B Sprint Series cars with winning results. Whiteline UK compete themselves so the products are proven.

We keep the Eibach arb's and Whiteline droplinks in stock. I can also supply the Whiteline ARB and drop link combo at a good price.

• Like 3

I thought the general Whiteline feedback was positive; well it was a few years back. The SPL equivalent looks great, but I suppose that is expected with the pricetag. Tough decision. Will definitely go for Eibach ARB

I'm sorry but there's nothing wrong with Whiteline drop links we have sold hundreds of sets and not had one complaint.

Whiteline components including droplinks are used in many of our customers Time Attack and 22B Sprint Series cars with winning results. Whiteline UK compete themselves so the products are proven.

Ewen, I know at least three guys in here who had the Whiteline droplinks, some from yourselves, others from ZManAlex, some rusted or corroded badly, in one case they've snapped. Lots of reviews on US forums also don't rate them very well do a quick search here: http://my350z.com/forum

We have genuinely not had anyone complain, if there was then I would take it up with Whiteline. As I mentioned we have sold hundreds of sets as have Abbey Motorsport.

They are not a rose jointed link they are a sealed ball joint so are more than suitable for UK roads, if grease is applied to the threaded part at the time of fitting then adjustment later will not be a problem.

Any link or suspension arm is susceptible to corrosion in this country due to road salt, for instance I have just stripped a 350Z here that had SPL arms on, while still in working condition there is corrosion on them but hat doesn't make them poor quality.

If a set has genuinely snapped that has been supplied through Whiteline UK then I would be happy to talk to the customer and discuss it with the head of Whiteline UK Greame Jeram.

Edited by Ewen@Clark Motorsport

Ewen, I know at least three guys in here who had the Whiteline droplinks, some from yourselves, others from ZManAlex, some rusted or corroded badly, in one case they've snapped. Lots of reviews on US forums also don't rate them very well do a quick search here: http://my350z.com/forum

Adrian,

I have never sold the Whiteline drop links. :blush:

The only links that I sold were genuine Nissan OEM or PowerGrid adjustables. :#1:

Alex. :)

@Alex, you're right, sorry, I had confirmation it was from Mitz@CS, some years ago.

@Ewen

Here are some photos from that shows the quality of Whiteline stuff

e4acc52a35c7085097ac1bc650883a7e.jpg

48063cd63ab7eec923aefd44652b6b85.jpg

86580b4b20c1c5420996ccc081b5acb5.jpg

dac4162a85c734cf0aca0d5a057d80f0.jpg

95e114736c50ca8c249cec5032e45652.jpg

with the message:

"Shows where one lateral lock is missing and other where I've had to use washers to pack out the drop link"

Photos from another guy who used the Whiteline endlinks will come in this weekend and I'll post them here.

Edited by octet@TORQEN

Mine have been on a month so I can provide some ongoing feedback, through the next 12 months, guess I'd need to see them after next winter.

Would be shocking if this happens as they are an upgrade to oem which were on my car for 11 years.