Reggie the Stillen supercharged 370z

dajw

If you are using uprev with no piggy back ECU then you will be mapped closed loop which IMHO is best, you also retain knock sensors etc.

We will probably have to tune the LS3 in Wasso's car open loop due to the aftermarket ECU :(

Please get this verified by Jez or Mark as I don't want to lead you astray but that's as I understand it :)

• Like 2

Yes I think the 370z stillen front bumper is pretty ugly also :(

I have a spare stillen cooler if you need it ......

Actually Nic has it at the moment but could easily be sent to you if needed

I would prefere aggressive/functional as in designed to get the airflow in there and certainly different... I like to be different ;)

• Like 1

The Uprev will allow you to re-configure the IAT sensor but wont all you to re-tune the fuel/ignition cal files until Uprev sort this out. ( I have heard they are trying to sort this at the moment)

It wont make the car run full time closed loop but will help with trimming the cal for IAT.

Ecutek have done all this already on the 370Z software.

• Like 1

If I had a 70 I would be going ecutec to be honest .... But they don't do it for the 50 and are not looking into it , due to there age . I would just like to get the intake sensor up and working for reliable / more accurate reading of the intake temps for safety more than anything .

Let's see what the finished article looks like

I'm in Turkey until next Monday and haven't seen it myself yet

So Adrian no photos until it's all complete ;)

Saw your car today mate up at h-dev . Looks great with the big ass brakes on ! Had a look through the wheels as well at the coilovers , look great :)

She will fly soon ;)

Oh and sorry dom ..... Having chats on your thread ... Again :(

Edited by Bodyboarder81
  • Like 2

Darren, that's spot on! Jez mentioned doing something like this for my car exactly as per Josh's. I think I shall see how deep that rabbit hole goes when I speak with him on the 3rd.

The Uprev will allow you to re-configure the IAT sensor but wont all you to re-tune the fuel/ignition cal files until Uprev sort this out. ( I have heard they are trying to sort this at the moment)

It wont make the car run full time closed loop but will help with trimming the cal for IAT.

As soon as they have sorted it, I'm first in the queue for it! :D cheers for the info Mark.

• Like 1

Yes I think the 370z stillen front bumper is pretty ugly also :(

I have a spare stillen cooler if you need it ......

Actually Nic has it at the moment but could easily be sent to you if needed

I would prefere aggressive/functional as in designed to get the airflow in there and certainly different... I like to be different ;)

And I'm glad we each do as we please. Life would be dull with identical cars—these are an extension of our personalities and preferences and long may it continue!

• Like 1

As soon as they have sorted it, I'm first in the queue for it! :D cheers for the info Mark.

Behind me you mean ;)

Behind me you mean ;)

Race you! :-P

(On a private road)

• Like 1

dc0233f092054a6cddd7b5dd18f483af.jpg

We got an xbox for our daughter to play Minecraft. I just found Forza, and that you can not only race a 370z, but you can colour and customise it too. I remember when I used to be a geek…

Oh, wait.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I took Reggie to H-dev where Jez and the team would look at how to move the various coolers about to make room for either a bigger HX for the charge cooler, or something else. Anyway, there's not a lot of room up front without messing about so I've decided to whip the oil cooler out and see what happens.

My rationale is simple. I never had any oil temperature issues with or without the supercharger. When I added it, the oil radiator runs hot all the time (100C or so) and right next to the air intakes and in front of the stillen charge cooler radiator. The way it was installed caused the engine to ingest hot air (before the supercharger), and warm up the charge cooler (so it was less effective). All bad.

My car is late enough that it has the oil/coolant exchanger from factory anyway, which explains why it never had any issues with oil temps.

Work done:

• Oil cooler off (will be sold).
  • Fit replacement 7-rib idler.
  • New oil filter (the old one was crushed a bit in removal).
  • Changed both headlights as one failed (upgraded to Philips D2S 4800K X-treme Vision Bulb, should be a bit brighter than OEM).
  • Check the tune, engine and mechanicals health.
  • Adjust the exhaust position as it has moved a bit.

Stuff I will sell (to be listed later):

• Mishimoto oil cooler, thermostatic sandwich plate, lines etc. (4000 miles use).
  • Frozen boost air-to-water HX type 101. (Never fitted).

Jez' photo showing state prior to changes:

50f6fbaee3c6fd3e245e14a01f4d5abe.jpg

Edited by dajw

Seems crazy to take the oil cooler of and not just reposition but facts/ data doesn't lie and if your not having oil temp issues then may as well get rid I guess ! I think it's all todo with the oil pan spacer you're running as well . More oil , cooler it stays . In the winter I will have to block the oil cooler I think as mine only gets to around 100 after driving it pretty hard .

That alloy bar at the bottom is different to mine

And yes if you already have an oil cooler from the start I gues that explains that

My oil temps hit 110 115 on a hot day on wot but not to worried as England Is genral cool lol

Hope it works out mate it has been said to me the simpler you keep thinks the beter

Yep, I agree but there wasn't a problem before. Anyway, nothing is 100% certain with modifications — I'll do what I always do, change something and monitor the outcome! Can't wait to get back in the car!

• Like 1