Reggie the Stillen supercharged 370z

dajw

Boring status update: the air intake temps are consistently reporting 4 degrees above ambient. Even after a jolly good thrashing.

Whohoo!

Plus, that diff in the wet — whohoooo! Lots of controllable fun! :D

Dose it break lose I struggle to brake traction workout taking the micky wroth ecutek

It was about the time you're happy with it, mods now lock this thread! :lol: :lol:

Haha funny man! I was happy with it before the accident at Westfield, though it took a while to get it sorted with the oil cooler and tune, which is now not running super rich as per your observation when it was at RTP. Then you (yes you Adrian) sold me your entire catalogue of parts :D hahah.... That gearbox is so much better than the stock config too. The harshness of the shifts was affecting how I could enjoy the car, but with the Level10 stuff the shifts are quick and smooth.

Anyway, I have a fantastic end result..

...save for the drop links which need a look at ;)

I have the Racelogic TC fitted Dom and am well impressed with it.

It has a wet conditions setting which is just a turn of the dial but let's you pull away full throttle without spinning the wheels with just a subtle misfire to control traction

I set the system at 15% slip in the dry which seems to allow maximum traction only cutting in when being over enthusiastic with the throttle on tight bends or roundabouts

It certainly saved me from a big spin on the Nurburgring this year

Well worth the money in my opinion and Adrian needs the extra money for his GTR mods :p

• Like 2

You are all very kind… but I must sell some bits before I go on with the shopping list. My butt-dyno and moderate right foot and lessons in car control are my traction management at the moment! A TC would take the fun away! There's a lot to be said for having a mental car that you need to be on your toes to drive.

:D

Just a thought — the Racelogic TCM would make the car safer to let the Mrs. drive in the wet, right? How much is it? Need tyres first. Found some MPSS all round for £650-ish.

Have you tried tyreleader.co.uk --> think I paid £120 each for 18" though...may be worth checking out

• Like 1

Have you tried tyreleader.co.uk --> think I paid £120 each for 18" though...may be worth checking out

Awesome — £50 cheaper than Camskill, at £600 and a bit. Strangely I cannot find the non XL versions for the fronts but I don't think this really matters, adds a few quid. My car has the standard 19" wheels that came with the GT Edition, 245/40 R19 front and 275/35 R19 rear.

Awesome — £50 cheaper than Camskill, at £600 and a bit. Strangely I cannot find the non XL versions for the fronts but I don't think this really matters, adds a few quid. My car has the standard 19" wheels that came with the GT Edition, 245/40 R19 front and 275/35 R19 rear.

Bloody he'll they seem to be getting cheaper

• 1 month later...

Boring status update: new MPSS tyres all round. A few hundred miles in and initial impressions are good. Slightly more comfort, definitely more dry grip, not had much wet weather yet. All of this is marginal.

Standard sizes… there's enough rolling and unsprung mass already.

They're definitely quieter than the Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta that was there before.

Edited by dajw

• 2 weeks later...