Reggie the Stillen supercharged 370z

dajw

I spoke with Jez earlier today when I collected the car about moving things forward with the charge temp monitoring. It is presently not possible with UpRev as the intake temp and coolant temp tables appear to be one and the same. (Or at least, they are on Josh's car).

I asked about EcuTek, with a "I'm reluctant, 'cos I don't want to go through a full re-tune and licence' but it is something I will consider if UpRev aren't going to be able to manage this. We'll see what the costs are :-S. Eek.

For now, the tune is slackened off a bit around the low rpm area where there was occasional trouble, and the oil cooler is in a box, cleaned and ready to go.

• Like 1

9144cb07db0e6bc5021f53d79ccce34d.jpg

Well a spirited drive home and not once did the intake temps go above 19 degrees, oil at 95 degrees. No knocking, no dodgy noises (except the end links).

I think I made a good choice so far… more data as I keep driving.

9144cb07db0e6bc5021f53d79ccce34d.jpg

Well a spirited drive home and not once did the intake temps go above 19 degrees, oil at 95 degrees. No knocking, no dodgy noises (except the end links).

I think I made a good choice so far… more data as I keep driving.

True Josh… before they would start high 20s and move to low 40s *pre charger*. I'd say this was 10-20 degrees above ambient.

Now it's 4-6 degrees above ambient. Quite the drop!

True Josh… before they would start high 20s and move to low 40s *pre charger*. I'd say this was 10-20 degrees above ambient.

Now it's 4-6 degrees above ambient. Quite the drop!

Sounds like a result

What difference to your oil temps ?

Hmm interesting

You say the 2012 model has some sort of cooler already?

2012 onwards yeah — it has some kind of heat exchange between oil and coolant. It was made standard from 2012. I understand that isn't any good for tracking the car, but for enthusiastic driving its fine.

Edited by dajw

Hmm interesting

You say the 2012 model has some sort of cooler already?

2012 onwards yeah — it has some kind of heat exchange between oil and coolant. It was made standard from 2012. I understand that isn't any good for tracking the car, but for enthusiastic driving its fine.

This oil/water cooler is standard on all uk 350 & 370's

• Like 1

Zero issues to report a few days in. No knocking (that I can detect). Not heat issues, temps still nice and low at close to ambient so that drop in intake temps must have helped greatly.

Basically the car is back to the level of performance and confidence that it was at before this years' messing about, but with a better gearbox, diff and suspension. Yay!

fj8usxq7q18bwfr1iu87.jpg

Zero issues to report a few days in. No knocking (that I can detect). Not heat issues, temps still nice and low at close to ambient so that drop in intake temps must have helped greatly.

Basically the car is back to the level of performance and confidence that it was at before this years' messing about, but with a better gearbox, diff and suspension. Yay!

fj8usxq7q18bwfr1iu87.jpg

Good to see :)

Boring status update: the air intake temps are consistently reporting 4 degrees above ambient. Even after a jolly good thrashing.

Whohoo!

Plus, that diff in the wet — whohoooo! Lots of controllable fun! :D