Reggie the Stillen supercharged 370z

dajw

Not just you having issues though Dom ...... The fuel return system doesn't fit with out a custom part ( being made by jez and team ) with the stillen inlet manifold !! All fun and games! ( and money :( )

Josh, from the man who actually build the FRS:

"As for fitting the Stage 1 with the Stillen, I think it could be done. The concern is the fuel rail inlet fitting at the front of the valvecover. Its very close to where Stillen puts the throttles and charge pipe. I was unable to get a local Stillen car for testing the Stage 1 fitment on, and from pictures it looks like it will require some bending and tweaking of the fuel inlet tube. I am sure it could be made to fit, I just didn’t want anyone to complain about having to modify the inlet tube.

Charles @ CJ Motorsports

630-715-1077

www.cj-motorsports.com"

When I looked at mine it was very tight but the guy at litchfield said it will go on with a bit of tweaking

He just couldn't be arsed :)

I made the last bit up but I imagine it went somthing like that lol

Not just you having issues though Dom ...... The fuel return system doesn't fit with out a custom part ( being made by jez and team ) with the stillen inlet manifold !! All fun and games! ( and money :( )

Josh, from the man who actually build the FRS:

"As for fitting the Stage 1 with the Stillen, I think it could be done. The concern is the fuel rail inlet fitting at the front of the valvecover. Its very close to where Stillen puts the throttles and charge pipe. I was unable to get a local Stillen car for testing the Stage 1 fitment on, and from pictures it looks like it will require some bending and tweaking of the fuel inlet tube. I am sure it could be made to fit, I just didn’t want anyone to complain about having to modify the inlet tube.

Charles @ CJ Motorsports

630-715-1077

www.cj-motorsports.com"

As said jez is getting it sorted one way or another , I guess you are always going to have little issues to solve and that's why it's in his capable hands :)

Oh noes :wacko: Z1 don't actually have the stock, after all. It's on back-order there too.

I've been finding out whether ZMANALEX has the part, but he is asking for measurements (which I don't presently have) so that he doesn't send the wrong part. Jez says I need 2x short shafts from a 350z auto, which should fit just fine.

I'm able to cancel my order at Z1, if I wish (I've not done this yet).

At the worst case, I'll not get my car back till mid May, because the part is on back-order at Nissan UK until May 15th.

Does anyone else have any leads on where to source these shafts?

I can get it to our warehouse in 48hrs max, then shipping everything here on Friday. Can also ship it via FedEx express, costly but here in two days :)

Hot damn Adrian! Way to go :)

FedEx express was USD $71.39 from Z1, or about £47. Not that bad for an urgent request! What's your price on "two sets of half shaft/diff output shaft (Part number: 38220-AR010 for non LSD) one for each side" note, these are the shorter length. Z1 described them thus: OEM 350Z/G35 automatic transmission output shaft(stub axle) (rear) without factory limited slip diff, both sides.

Jez has also messaged ZMANALEX for info too, so we are still pursuing this route, but Alex is holding out for measurements which we don't have (and aren't sure what needs to be measured).

Nb. the picture I posted of the shaft is apparently a stock image which shows the longer item.

Add 20% VAT, probably 10% duty, £15 handling fees to the price including shipping (you pay tax on the shipping value, too) so the price you had is not final.

The only other thing I was going to add, you're generating a lot of unnecessary work for 3 traders, wouldn't it be a lot easier if only one of us will deal with your part, less confusion and less chances to mix things up? :) Make up your mind what you want to do first, which route to go and if you want me to get the parts for you PM and I'll deal with this today.

Price is 2 x £149 = £298 for 2 x 38220-AR010 for normal delivery, I'll get a price for the Express delivery if you need it super fast.

Adrian

The only other thing I was going to add, you're generating a lot of unnecessary work for 3 traders…

I've asked for a price and a delivery estimate from a few sources. I think that is perfectly reasonable for a trader, unless I'm missing something peculiar to the car parts world?

I can get it to our warehouse in 48hrs max, then shipping everything here on Friday. Can also ship it via FedEx express, costly but here in two days :)

This is actually the same thing that Z1 told me, but discovered that the part is on back order and not in stock with their supplier. Has your supplier definitely got the part?

Price is 2 x £149 = £298 for 2 x 38220-AR010 for normal delivery, I'll get a price for the Express delivery if you need it super fast.

Thanks. I'll be in touch.

• 3 weeks later...

Quick update: Everything has arrived, everything is installed correctly (even replaced the dipstick on the supercharger). Will collect the car in a few weeks when I'm back from India.

Quick update: Everything has arrived, everything is installed correctly (even replaced the dipstick on the supercharger). Will collect the car in a few weeks when I'm back from India.

Be interested in your thoughts on the art pipes and if they make it less raspy

Have a good trip :)

• 2 weeks later...

Got the car!!!!!

It's amazing, of course. The most noticeable thing at the moment is the sheer awesomeness of the exhaust combo: motordyne art pipes and ark grip. It's like Tom Jones with the power of a thunderstorm!

Diff and ARBs: immediate thoughts, the car is more 'pointy' than before. Learning to feel this as I drive, seems good.

Transmission and map: excellent. We are almost at the smoothness of stock, but with the increased power handling. Slightly sharper response but the jerk-fest of old has been sorted. Some fine tuning required on some strange scenarios.

Heat: oil cooler and fan on the HX are fine. Oil temps a little low now if anything. 85 on cruise, 95 on twisty roads. Side effect is increased temps under front of bonnet. That'll need some thought.

The outside air temp sensor reports high (30deg on a 16deg day) due to this. Will relocate it probably.

Diff: it hasn't spun up one wheel, rather it gets the lower down. Too early to report on all the benefits.

Power etc: down to 470 ish bhp and 340 or thereabouts torque. Not noticeably different to before but a better feeling tune. Overall nice and linear tq. Will post up some charts.

Josh's car: sex on wheels. Love it. Saw it today.

Horsham Dev: fabulous service. Very pleased.

Great update Dom :)

Has the art pipes made it more bearable for you? And has it stopped the raspy sound ( although not sure you had loads of that with the ark system)

Cheers :)

Cars up with jez for a couple of weeks , waiting for art pipes to drive and 9lb pulley and hen map again ......... Then my thoughts will turn to to clutch and diff . Keep us all posted on how you feel the quaife is of benefit or not .

I had rasp with the decat and oem exhaust. I had intrusive volume in the cabin as the 'temporary fit' of the ark was touching the diff jack point and vibrating. Now that the exhaust is on the right way up, and the motordyne pipes are on, I'd say it's a good sound. Like Shirley Bassey gargling with a single malt into a festival sound system.

It's a touch loud, but no worries about the tone.

There's some hiss from it, as to be expected with a system like this.

Cool, great to hear .......

Got to laugh at the way you describe the exhaust sound ..... No clue what Shirley bassey sounds like gargling malt wisky !!

And yes the infamous hiss at 18-1900 revs , seems every HR or 70 has this with aftermarket exhaust .

Hopefully these will be legible. Not bad numbers. 469 hp, about 345 tq. Estimate 394 hp at wheels. I guess the upgraded torque converter etc in the tranny are more effort to turn.

f0187875f4bbbcc1dec27b8c6e002884.jpg

bb1af69e5fa2c3303f01611cdb5da9a1.jpg

6e27efe87b94beb632b5aa9a901e247a.jpg

• Like 1