Reggie the Stillen supercharged 370z

dajw

Yeah ask Adrian - a kit from Nissan with various bearings and seals. :)

You from Southampton? I visit regularly so should go for a pint (non-gay) some time.

New you couldn't resist me !!!

Ya sounds cool man , I try not to work too much so always around :)

I'm just outside of Southampton , in totton . Work bring you down this way ?

Balls!

The half shafts don't click into place properly. I just had a note from Jez to explain that they slide about and don't click in.

Now need to get hold of both diff output shafts from a 350Z with the auto transmission.

Obviously this will introduce a bit of a delay.

Balls!

The half shafts don't click into place properly. I just had a note from Jez to explain that they slide about and don't click in.

Now need to get hold of both diff output shafts from a 350Z with the auto transmission.

Obviously this will introduce a bit of a delay.

Never plain sailing but all good fun lol

Let me know the parts numbers and I'll try to source them for you this week :)

Adrian

Awesome! Here's all I have so far:

I've asked ZMANALEX via PM at Jez' suggestion for used ones.

I found these in the USA:

https://www.z1motorsports.com/350_g35/product_info.php?products_id=4623 - he thinks 350z left and right for auto trans and no lsd.

I have just asked Jez for the part numbers as he's also calling Nissan for me.

Edited by dajw

Would be good to know if all this is needed for manual as well as it will almost certainly go on mine eventually

Nic it's a different design for manual: Quaife have separate diffs for the 350z manual with OEM Open diff and for OEM VLSD. You can check which diff you have presently and presumably order the appropriate part. This is not certain, nothing is. So expect a similar experience!

• Like 1

I've spoken with Jez and confirmed these facts:

• The issue is that on my car with the VLSD, the shafts are unequal length to accommodate for the fact that the VLSD actually is offset inside the diff carrier (pumpkin).
  • My VLSD has been replaced with the Quaife QDF10L, which assumes equal length shafts, because it is to replace the open diff.
  • I now need to order two sets of that half shaft/diff output shaft (Two of: 38220-AR010 for non LSD) one for each side.
  • My drive shafts will fit to this part, but.... some bolts and nuts are required (which Jez has ordered). This is because the 370z diff output shaft has threaded holes, whereas the 350z diff output shaft attaches with nuts and bolts.

So to those who want a Quaife ATB diff (and probably any other after-market LSD) the amount of effort required varies depending on whether your 370z has an open diff or an VLSD from the start. The open diff is less of a ball-ache to replace.

Addendum: These diff output shafts are supposed to click into place with a circlip. Jez cut down one of the shafts to accommodate after discussing with Dave at Quaife. It now fits, but doesn't clip so slides in and out by about 4mm play. That's why we need to replace the output shafts.

Addendum addendum: Shaft! He said shaft!

Edited by dajw

Sounds like a massive headache!!

Ill have a chat to jez when I'm up there again , hopefully it's easier with my manual diff .......

Not just you having issues though Dom ...... The fuel return system doesn't fit with out a custom part ( being made by jez and team ) with the stillen inlet manifold !! All fun and games! ( and money :( )

Not just you having issues though Dom ...... The fuel return system doesn't fit with out a custom part ( being made by jez and team ) with the stillen inlet manifold !! All fun and games! ( and money :( )

Josh, from the man who actually build the FRS:

"As for fitting the Stage 1 with the Stillen, I think it could be done. The concern is the fuel rail inlet fitting at the front of the valvecover. Its very close to where Stillen puts the throttles and charge pipe. I was unable to get a local Stillen car for testing the Stage 1 fitment on, and from pictures it looks like it will require some bending and tweaking of the fuel inlet tube. I am sure it could be made to fit, I just didn’t want anyone to complain about having to modify the inlet tube.

Charles @ CJ Motorsports

630-715-1077

www.cj-motorsports.com"