Reggie the Stillen supercharged 370z

dajw

Great news :)

Bet you can't wait to get it back with all the goodies fitted !

Are you hoping for more bhp ? I wouldn't have thought it had a lot left to give? Or just a smoother / better quality map ?

Priority 1: It's all about reliability and longevity. Cooling and a better tune.

2: That diff! Get the power down and whohoo!

3: Sound. The exhaust

I would be happy with less power, actually because I'd rather 10% less and a happy car for longer than push the limits.

Boost is addictive, remember.

• Like 2

Not sure. I told him not to run the car till it had the updated torque tables applied.

If anyone knows Uprev please correct me but I understand that without the ROM file that Norris produced he's starting from scratch. This means that he'll have to do a base map, add the transmission stuff then start mapping the car.

So because it's not safe to blat the car until the transmission is tuned: no baseline run.

Not overly bothered though, it's the end result I care about not willy waving stats!

I'm also going with the standard rad for now as things are spiralling a bit so I've nipped it on the bud until we can sort these brackets

After having meeting with ian tonight he's going to do somthing to monitor the temps after the charger and put me a custom map on as a safety messure incase intake temp was to rocket in the mean time

I'll put full details in my build

Glad your all sorted dom can't wait to hear about the diff how did you make it for in the end

Agreed. It dynoed at 306 before and 488 after though so the increase is where it's at!

This was the original before and after (PDF):

Dyno before and after - pdf, includes AFR too.

This was the updated tune after he did more work on it after the ECU was repaired:

http://370zgt.tumblr.com/post/90773122906/the-repaired-ecu-is-back-in-and-with-some-tlc

Edited by dajw

488bhp... let's wait and see what figures Jez comes up with, I really doubt that figure for some reason, sounds very inflated for what the Stillen is capable off, but I've mentioned that before to Dom.

So what should mine make on standard pully 350 :)

488bhp... let's wait and see what figures Jez comes up with, I really doubt that figure for some reason, sounds very inflated for what the Stillen is capable off, but I've mentioned that before to Dom.

So what should mine make on standard pully 350 :)

Quite a lot more. That's all I cared about. Final number, meh! Who cares beyond the upward trend! 59% increase in power or 46% both are crazy :)

Agreed. It dynoed at 306 before and 488 after though so the increase is where it's at!

This was the updated tune after he did more work on it after the ECU was repaired:

http://370zgt.tumblr.com/post/90773122906/the-repaired-ecu-is-back-in-and-with-some-tlc

Whatever the final numbers are , that's a great upgrade ... 182bhp more !! Nuts

http://370zgt.tumblr...d-with-some-tlc

Why was the ECU repaired? What was wrong with it?

It simply stopped sending a spark signal to one of the cylinders. 6 I think.

Possibly water damage from when I took the car through the winter floods in 2013 or maybe just a random thing. Never did get to the bottom of why it failed nor how it was repaired. This made me understandably nuts. ;)

I would be very happy with 440-450 genuine fly bhp with mine .... Which I think is achievable with the standard pulley .....

Regards the frozen boost .....

My quote from jez inc fitting this , so hoping he can knock some basic brackets up to get it in .

Is yours a 350 or a 70?

I would be very happy with 440-450 genuine fly bhp with mine .... Which I think is achievable with the standard pulley .....

My quote from jez inc fitting this , so hoping he can knock some basic brackets up to get it in .

Is yours a 350 or a 70?

Josh is in a 50 I'm in a 70

Is yours a 350 or a 70?

That's right ... I'm poorer than you :(

Is yours a 350 or a 70?

That's right ... I'm poorer than you :(

By the time this lot is done I doubt it lol

Thinking about resonated test pipes, I sent a note to the technical support team at Motordyne asking whether they fit the Auto without bending and cutting. Here's the response:

"Hi Dominic,

There was a time when we built them only for the manual transmission. It has been changed since then to fit the auto.

Thank you,

Tony S. Colette"

Thinking about resonated test pipes, I sent a note to the technical support team at Motordyne asking whether they fit the Auto without bending and cutting. Here's the response:

"Hi Dominic,

There was a time when we built them only for the manual transmission. It has been changed since then to fit the auto.

Thank you,

Tony S. Colette"

Is yours a bit loud now then mate

Yes. But this might be because it was touching the diff. I intend to drive it a bit and decide. I just want a better sound, not a louder one!

I bet it does great at the moment .... But you sound like me , can't put up with a droney loud exhaust . It's a tough one as in the good weather with the windows down and out for a blast , you can't beat a loudish exhaust ( as long as it's a nice tone) in the end I've put on a miltek and couldn't be happier . Quite enough not to drone but loud enough to know you have an sports car.

Have you got it back from jez yet? What's your numbers and how does it feel if so ?

Edited by Bodyboarder81

Yes. But this might be because it was touching the diff. I intend to drive it a bit and decide. I just want a better sound, not a louder one!

I bet it does great at the moment .... But you sound like me , can't put up with a droney loud exhaust . It's a tough one as in the good weather with the windows down and out for a blast , you can't beat a loudish exhaust ( as long as it's a nice tone) in the end I've put on a miltek and couldn't be happier . Quite enough not to drone but loud enough to know you have an sports car.

Have you got it back from jez yet? What's your numbers and how does it feel if so ?

I'm with you I think being over 30 dose that to you wroth the noise hope mine isn't too bad it wasn't massively loud anyway so hope I can cope