Brake pads

Chan267

I'm using standard Brembo pads at the moment, which have been fine for daily driving with the odd bit of heavy use. I was running Yellow Stuff previously and they were pretty useless when pushed.

Carbotech XP8's have a great rep - drop an email to Ian (sales@carbotech-europe.com) and he will sort you out :D

Ive run DS2500, Project Mu NS and Carbon Lorraine RC6 on my 350Z and Ive got Pagid RS29 on my BMW ......... the Pagids are awesome but the CL's probably have a bit more bite from cold, Ive heard very good things about Carbotech as well :)

ETA: They might be RC8 rather than RC6 actually .........

Edited by docwra

We have had great success with CL (Carbon Loraine) RC6 and RC8 pads for track use. The best pads I have personally used and I have tried all the good manufactures.

We used these in an R35 GTR in last years SLS based at Knockhill which is a very hard track for brakes. Keith the owner ended up winning his class :)

KeithFB_zps7fa5ef34.jpg

Edited by Ewen@Clark Motorsport

• 4 months later...

Well after a four hour open pit at knockhill, the brake pads performed brillantly in the wet and in the dry when l was out. No brake fade and the squealing from the brakes is minimum compared to a few other race pads. Its definitely a step up from the ds2500 pads which l previously used. I recommend these pads without a doubt but mind l have upgraded my discs which contributes to the brakes stopping power overall.

Good to hear they are working nicely on the track (I heard a while back they had some issues coming away from the backing plate), how are they on the road though ?

I dig the DS2500's at the mo, just need to get the rears done as well now.

I used Carbotech on my MR2. For hill climbing the softer pads are excellent and come up to temp very quickly.

The 350 is a heavy car and if your doing countless laps I'd go for the harder compound but be careful when they are cold and be sure to get them up to temp.

The 70 brakes are epic, in standard form they are far better than updated discs/pads with brembo's on the 50. Probably one of the top three improvements between the two cars in my eyes.

At the Nissan event day everyone commented on how good the brakes were when I took them out.

I always update my brakes on cars but stuck with standard on the 70 and haven't regretted it even on track.

Edited by 370Ad