Additional Guages

zebedy

Oil Temp is about the only one I would really want in an N/A

after that you can do any you like AFR - but 2 is best so you can do both banks. Fuel pressure can be a good one.

It's FI you really start wanting gauges although you can live without them :)

hmmm three additional gauges for an NA zed...

1. Excitement level of occupant of passenger seat - useful for finding out if your mad driving skills have impressed your lady friend enough to be invited in for 'coffee', or if you need to do more handbrake turns.

2. Straight line performance indicator - scans the cars in the near vicinity and shows your likelihood of beating it in a straight line - useful for judging whether the car in front is a bog standard astra to be blown into the weeds, or the infamous VXR, racing best avoided.

3. Fuzz proximity sensor - gives a readout ranging from 'drive like a granny' to 'all out hoonfest' depending on how close the nearest police car/speed camera is.

• Like 5

oooh a useful one for the drifters - gauge showing you the angle of your drift, or maybe one to show how much faster your rear wheels are rotating relative to the fronts, and thus the amount of smoke you're likely to be making.

a gauge showing tyre temps would be very useful for track cars.

Am I doing this right? :lol:

oooh a useful one for the drifters - gauge showing you the angle of your drift, or maybe one to show how much faster your rear wheels are rotating relative to the fronts, and thus the amount of smoke you're likely to be making.

a gauge showing tyre temps would be very useful for track cars.

Am I doing this right? :lol:

It's called an airfreshener on the rear view mirror to show angle and if you're looking out of the side windows to see where you're going or not :lol: For the speedo one, the actual speedo tells you how fast the rear wheels are going and a satnav tells you how fast you're actually going. For the smoke, if the view is starting to get cloudy, you're making it, if you're not, you're not :lol:

• Like 1

hmmm an oil pressure gauge and an oil level would have certainly helped us out, rather than relying on 15 year old dash warning lights - which if it flashes red, is probably too late already!

my mates Mini cooper S doesn't even have a water temperature gauge - I mean honestly, how can you have a modern turbo car that doesn't even have a water temp gauge?

For an NA Zed I'd say: oil temperature, oil pressure and an accurate fuel gauge. :lol:;)

Did you for any with your charger mate?

Do you mean did I fit any? :dry::D

Why yes I did ~ I've got oil temperature, oil pressure and a boost gauge. B) All "Defi black face" gauges, ....pics in my build thread. :thumbs:

Defi ones are stunning. Would you use the existing senders for oil temp and pressure??

Existing one's? Do you mean from Nissan?

The 350Z has no oil temperature sender from my knowledge but either way the gauges come with everything you need when you buy them. All run by a Defi controller using Defi sensors/senders.

Link: http://www.driftworks.com/defi-link-meter-advance-bf-gauges.html

:thumbs:

Defi ones are stunning. Would you use the existing senders for oil temp and pressure??

The 350Z has no oil temperature sender from my knowledge but either way the gauges come with everything you need when you buy them. All run by a Defi controller using Defi sensors/senders.

Link: http://www.driftwork...-bf-gauges.html

If only someone were selling such a set for considerably less than that, like this for example. ;)

:teeth:

If only someone were selling such a set for considerably less than that, like this for example. ;)

I actually just PM'd someone I know on here who's going FI soon to give them the heads up about your sale. :D

GLWTS and I'm sure they won't hang around for long. ;)

• Like 1

I actually just PM'd someone I know on here who's going FI soon to give them the heads up about your sale. :D

GLWTS and I'm sure they won't hang around for long. ;)

Which was me ...... But unfortunately I've already got some on the way ( not defi mind you )

GLWTS

:)