Hello! Bought my first Z at the weekend....

hey guys,

I've been after a 350z for the last few months, and i finally bought one this weekend! i pick it up on Wednesday night, and i cant wait.

I've only ever driven BMW's in the past, and i've just traded in my E46 328ci coupe. Its a beautiful car, but very boring to drive! its fast, but there's no driver involvement. Although my buddies on bimmerforums.com would strongly disagree - i've not told them im leaving yet :-)

So anyway... its taken me 5 months to find somewhere that'll insure me at a half decent price (£2400 for the year - i've only been driving 3.5 years, and have 2 years NCB). Its frustrating cos i turned 24 this month, but my buddy at work is a year older than me, and he can get insured on the same car for less than a grand!!

its gonna be my daily driver, and im doing around 20k miles a year, so because of that i've gone down the import route - spend less, lose less!

I went to see 2 z's at the same garage... a red version t, and my silver version s. I have to say that i didnt like the interior of the t, due to the oem sat nav, with jap writing everywhere! And ithe nav wont work anyway, so why pay more for just the leather seats?

So, i went for the version s, which is a tiptronic auto (prefer that with the traffic jams i sit in!)... but then to my suprise, when i started it up for a testdrive, a motorized touchscreen popped out, and its a full aftermarket sat nav system!!!! I couldnt beleive it - arent they like 1200quid??

I had a 20 minute test drive and it drives great... and just as we got back to the garage the salesman went "ah crap, you're in Snow Mode"... so he switched it into sport and it made all the difference! I was enjoying myself anyway, but then it was like YES!

I've attached the pic of my car... and you can see the only thing thats wrong with it - the drivers side headlight is fogged up. I know it'll really annoy me, but i'll never fork out the £200 or whatever for a new unit! Any tips (and yes i've searched!).

So hello all!

Chris.

DSC00056.jpg

code tweaked to display image correctly by mod :)

hey guys,

I've been after a 350z for the last few months, and i finally bought one this weekend! i pick it up on Wednesday night, and i cant wait.

I've only ever driven BMW's in the past, and i've just traded in my E46 328ci coupe. Its a beautiful car, but very boring to drive! its fast, but there's no driver involvement. Although my buddies on bimmerforums.com would strongly disagree - i've not told them im leaving yet :-)

So anyway... its taken me 5 months to find somewhere that'll insure me at a half decent price (£2400 for the year - i've only been driving 3.5 years, and have 2 years NCB). Its frustrating cos i turned 24 this month, but my buddy at work is a year older than me, and he can get insured on the same car for less than a grand!!

its gonna be my daily driver, and im doing around 20k miles a year, so because of that i've gone down the import route - spend less, lose less!

I went to see 2 z's at the same garage... a red version t, and my silver version s. I have to say that i didnt like the interior of the t, due to the oem sat nav, with jap writing everywhere! And ithe nav wont work anyway, so why pay more for just the leather seats?

So, i went for the version s, which is a tiptronic auto (prefer that with the traffic jams i sit in!)... but then to my suprise, when i started it up for a testdrive, a motorized touchscreen popped out, and its a full aftermarket sat nav system!!!! I couldnt beleive it - arent they like 1200quid??

I had a 20 minute test drive and it drives great... and just as we got back to the garage the salesman went "ah crap, you're in Snow Mode"... so he switched it into sport and it made all the difference! I was enjoying myself anyway, but then it was like YES!

I've attached the pic of my car... and you can see the only thing thats wrong with it - the drivers side headlight is fogged up. I know it'll really annoy me, but i'll never fork out the £200 or whatever for a new unit! Any tips (and yes i've searched!).

So hello all!

Chris.

DSC00056.jpg [/qoute]

:welcome: dude :thumbs:

I've sorted your link out for ya :) (kind of :p )

congrats on the new car and welcome to the forum,

there must be a broken seal on the light (hopefully not a cracked lense)

if it is the seal there is a method use , by putting it in the oven at said temperature it lets you open the light up allowing you to reseal it with some sort of silicone substance and then putting it back together.

theres people that have done this and they might be able to fill in the details

have fun driving the Z :thumbs:

Paul

Welcome aboard!

Nice colour, similar to what i had. Hope you enjoy the site and the Zed. B)

Oh and theres a big Zed meet in Wales this sunday. Try and get yourself along. Its a really nice bunch of people, some great roads and a sunday roast!

Hi marzman, congratZ. Are you sure the fogging as you call it is on the interior of the headlights??? 350's are quite infamous for the exterior hazzing of the plastic headlights. If it is the exterior, a bit of Meguiars (or similar) Plastix will do the trick, but you have to keep doing it, to keep the hazzing under control.

Hi there and welcome. Are you the first UK owner? If you're aftermarket sat nav is jap then that won't work either I'm afraid. Nice looking motor though of course. :thumbs: And if you're buying the car from a dealer thats already imported it shouldn't they sort out the light for you?

:welcome:

Looks like a lovely motor :teeth:

For insurance try Admiral/Elephant. Not sure if its the import factor, but I do a simialr mileage, similar age, simlar NCB but been driving a bit longer, and I get it all for £535/yr. Give em a shout :thumbs:

Thanks for the welcomes everyone...!

i'd love to come to wales on Sunday, but unfortunately im working both days this weekend (to try and get my bank balance a little healthier)!

The car was imported in 2003, and im the 3rd UK owner i think.... and i tested the sat nav out, it found my house no problem!

Thats interesting what bronzee said, i thought it was on the inside but i'll double check when i pick it up...

Have fun on Sunday guys!

Chris.

• 3 weeks later...