New 370Z owner with a few questions!

Hello all!

I picked up a manual 2011 370Z Roadster yesterday and absolutely love it so far! It's replaced a 2010 Focus ST which I adored and had some amazing drives in. It's taking a bit of time to get used to having less low down torque, but in the right gear the Z is mind blowing!

I have a couple of questions I'm hoping someone can give me some guidance on:

Handbrake - I've read these are utterly useless, mine doesn't seem too bad (it's currently parked on my sloped drive and not moving!) but yesterday when applying the handbrake, on 3 occasions the car would roll slightly back by an inch or two - it felt a bit like when you put an auto into park. Is this normal? It was a bit concerning, particularly when I'd parked quite close to a fence!

Should there be a sub in the boot? I was convinced I'd read the Bose system came with a sub where the spare wheel would be, but I just have a load of polystyrene packaging with nothing underneath as far as I can see.

Is there anyway to get an iPhone 5 to play music through the audio system through Bluetooth?

How should I wash the roof normally? I've ordered the Autoglym roof care kit, but for normal washes, do you just give it a wipe with a damp cloth?

I know my car had a new roof about 6 months ago, and the drivers side seal looks like this (the passenger side looks fine) should it be concerned?

image.jpg

And finally, do you have any tips for a new owner, things I might not have noticed etc?

Thanks!

:welcome:

I'm sure someone will be along shortly to address the 370 specific queries, but the one's I can help with;

Is there anyway to get an iPhone 5 to play music through the audio system through Bluetooth?

In short, no. Not with the standard equipment anyway, it's phone calls only.

How should I wash the roof normally? I've ordered the Autoglym roof care kit, but for normal washes, do you just give it a wipe with a damp cloth?

Personally I would rinse (with a hose, unless you trust a pressure washer on it) and just give it a quick scrub with a suitable brush then rinse again afterwards.

Your subs in the boot under the floor

Welcome

Just went outside to check and there's no sub! A quick google found a thread on the370z.com which says roadsters don't get the boot sub but get dual subwoofers behind the seats - I thought someone had nicked it!

Thanks for all the welcome so far, so the little roll when you put the handbrake on is normal?

• Like 1

:welcome: to the forum, my car rolls back a little too when I apply the handbrake, you soon get use to it :thumbs: As for your iPhone, you must pair the car and phone together through bluetoothe, then your phone will automatically connect with the car every time you start it up :)

I think everyone has covered most of your questions.

Regarding the roof that doesn't look right but as long as there are no problems, wind noise or leaks you should be fine. One thing to ensure with the roof though, under no circumstances should the windows touch the roof material when you open and shut the door. Ensure there is no rubbing. There have been quite a few instances where this happened and it eventually wears the material away. I know one car that had 3 roof replacements. Hope yours is all ok

Lacky - I'll try and get along to one!

Will - thanks, I'll keep an eye on it for leaks. The roof was replaced last year because the window was catching on one side, so I'm hoping I'm safe for a while!

Harry - thanks for adding the video, I couldn't find that setting earlier!

• Like 1

Southpaw I don't want to alarm you but please please check the window is well clear of the roof when it shuts. It's extremely difficult to get it right if the roof has been replaced or altered. As I said I know one car that had 3 separate roof replacements as the problem kept reoccurring and it has happened to a few others. Just want to make sure that yours is ok as you have only just picked it up and seems to have had a history with this.

Not trying to worry you but if you have any issues I would be in touch with the garage. Don't hope, check :)

Fingers crossed all will be well.

Southpaw I don't want to alarm you but please please check the window is well clear of the roof when it shuts. It's extremely difficult to get it right if the roof has been replaced or altered. As I said I know one car that had 3 separate roof replacements as the problem kept reoccurring and it has happened to a few others. Just want to make sure that yours is ok as you have only just picked it up and seems to have had a history with this.

Not trying to worry you but if you have any issues I would be in touch with the garage. Don't hope, check :)

Fingers crossed all will be well.

Thanks for your concern, I've just been outside to check and it seems fine. The passenger side has loads of clearance, the drivers side less so, probably one or two mm, so certainly something to keep an eye on!