stance queen turned drift/street car

dougie350

The rotas are real nice but I definitely prefer the XXR's, been looking for a set myself; may get a set of the GTRD's though because I do love the look of them and the XXR's are so hard to find

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I checked these a while back too but seems they are only ordering in certain sizes. No 20x11 going to be supplied within the UK

tarmac is a XXr supplier he might be able to help you out EMail him

http://www.tarmacsportz.co.uk/contact-us.aspx

Thanks Steveo I've already picked up a set of linear corse dynas that will do me for the moment, will be looking at a change of set when new ranges get launched next year now

• 3 weeks later...

*update*

nothing too much new lately, but i decided my rear coilovers were too soft, as i run no preload and sag on the spring i didnt have much adjustability for stiffness, the original spring was 7k so decided to go for something higher, ended getting a shorter 12k spring, and ended up lowering my car a bit more, its made such a difference, alot stiffer and ive got the lows i wanted so pretty happy with these.

here is the result

IMG_4241_zpsqrj5wfse.jpg

met up with some like minded drift friends the other night, they were both in there ps13's and another in his e30 so had to get a photo.... my car looks so plain next to theres though, may need to snazz mine up once its sprayed, not sure what to go for yet though.

IMG_4245_zpswupuhv8m.jpg

and also thought id have a twerk competition with my old mans car..... must say the 911 is a beautiful car from behind!

IMG_4255_zpsboxku11i.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

hi everyone, thought id give another quick update on how my car is coming along.

the last month or so has been fairly busy but ive got round to getting quite alot done to the car for my attempt to get it ready for drift matsuri at the end of october.

Finally managed to get my hyrdo fitted and plumbed in thanks to my friend martin at richards racing, hes done an excellent job, i was originally going to put in on top of the gearbox tunnel next the gearstick and cut a groove out of the plastic for the lever to stick through ( copied from another forum member) but in the end we went for on the side of the gearbox tunnel next to my left leg, as my hydro lever was quite long, it feels great and locks up perfectly, havnt actually got any photos of it mounted and my cars is not with me atm so you wil have to imagine for now. managed to get a few small sessions in at a local drift school called drift elite, the guy who runs it is a top bloke and is ver kind to let me come down and test my car out and have a bit of seat time, the first time i used my hydro whilst drifting and it was a dream, it made initiating and controlling the drift so much easier and managed to get some really nice runs pretty close to the guys teaching there! still alot to learn but really happy with how my driving is coming along.

Heres the aftermath of my car after skidding on a wet airfield, took alot of cleaning to get all that s**t off.

IMG_4387_zpsa9juxymv.jpg

Next up was the issue with room in my 350z ( or lack of ) as i use my car quite alot on the road i didnt want to go down the trailering route, its just not the right time to be thinking about buying another vehicle, trailer and then doing my trailer test, so my next idea was to somehow utilise what room i do have in the car for wheels/tyres etc. i ended up with the idea of cutting out pretty much everything from the boot area.... including the speaker housing, strut bar and anything else that wasnt really needed. so thats what i did! I had read a few threads on people stripping out the boot area and thought it cant be as bad as they make out.... well it is, its a horrible job, literally 100's and 100's of spot welds that needed cutting out! it took the best part of 4 evenings to get it somewhere near.

here are some pictures of the process ( forgive me for not taking more, most the time was spent stripping skin from my knuckles and swearing)

IMG_4396_zps0lv0fkic.jpg

IMG_4403_zpsl8iwnj45.jpg

IMG_4404_zpso0i8iwlm.jpg

i think thats all the photos i actually got from this, but you get the idea of how much room there actually is in there.

After cutting all of that out i needed to re strengthen the car so next up was a roll cage, a good friend of mine does this for a living so it was off to his workshop for a cage to go in.....

i decided to just go for a half cage for now, as my deadline for matsuri was creeping up, with the design of the cage it can be added to when i please which hopefully will be sometime next year,

The plan was too loose the rear strut bar and weld in a bar across the turrets to put the strength back in, but i didnt want to cut the strut bar out untill the last minute, so i let huxley do that once he had the car in his workshop.

Its a fairly basic cage but its added strength to what i had taken out and its still left lots of room to fit stuff in....

Here a few photos from the cage building.......

IMG_4413_zpszkdthecq.jpg

IMG_4419_zps3sfauzuh.jpg

and the finished product...

IMG_4423_zpscgg9xrnb.jpg

Im really happy with how it came out, it was a bit of a test for hux too as he had never done a 350z cage before and said it was quite tricky with the shape of the car, but he done a great job!

Thought id have a test and see what i can actually fit in the car now, and behind the seats i can fit four 18 inch wheels with tyres on and then a further two behind then, so thats going to help out alot!

Id been trying to get hold of a rack for my car so i could carry extra tyres on the boot/roof but had no luck with a boofsquire or similar. I took a gamble and decided to buy a universal roof rack to see if it would fit and still be safe, i found one for £44 and much to my supprise it fits and is actually very stable, i wouldnt chance it with wheels on but for a few tyres itll be fine.

IMG_4398_zpsnhnyugoj.jpg

I finally managed to order some camber arms too! i decided to go for the driftworks arms, they looked pretty good and the price wasnt bad either. i think the rear arms were £130 and the fronts were £155. i plan to fit these this weekend and get it all alligned either sat or sun!

shiny orange goods

IMG_4452_zpsodw02wcj.jpg

IMG_4453_zpsd4jdjvjx.jpg

also managed to get hold of a few style bits for my car thanks to some fellow members on the forum, a nice roof spoiler and a front lip, unfortunately parcel force are useless t**ts and managed to loose my splitter but its on its way now, and the roof spoiler turned up today so expect to see these fitted soon :)

unfortunately the last time i saw my car was in my friends paint shop looking very dull ;) its undergoing a full colour change and wheel centre colour change:) this is probably the most exciting thing for me atm, i was very bored of my blade silver car and have wanted to change the colour for a while. i dont think ive seen any 350z's in this colour code before but i cant wait to reveal it...... its actually a subaru paint code, my friend had an imprezza in for repairs and i fell in love with the colour as soon as i saw it in the sun! 10 points for someone if they guess it :) should be getting my car back on thursday with all the new aero fitted so expect lots of photos next week.

the last time i saw her :(

IMG_4450_zpsqv556rkf.jpg

alot of people have been saying to me "your building a drift car, why bother painting it and making it look nice" my reply is why cant you have a nice looking drift car, sure things get scuffed and scratched, but as long as your not an idiot and drive within your limits there is no reason why you cant run a clean drift car!

thats all for now, but ill keep you all updated next week, hopefully with alot more photos :)

• Like 3

Copying you in so many ways, just literally a year behind..

Rear stripping out looks ace only other builds I've seen show progress on that are in the US, planning that for winter.

Cage looks exactly what I had in mind too, will PM you about that.

Going to guess the paint may be a Subaru green?