stance queen turned drift/street car

dougie350

just a little update for you all........

things have been going really well on the car lately managed to get down drift elite to have some more skids, car behaved as per normal, felt amazing to drive! still cant get over how good this lock kit is, its literally the best thing ive ever put on the car!

(heres a tiny video hux took and put on instagram)

*dont forget to give me a follow and follow my stupidity if your on instagram :)

unfortunately my headlight washer bottle decided to die and now has a massive crack in it, i never use them anyway and think they are pretty pointless without a headlight wiper so i just unplugged the hose to it as it runs from the windscreen washer bottle which is seperate so i couldnt actually fill up my windscreen tank......

this is the first time id actually taken the bumper off, was very straight forward and easy to do. decided to give my front bumper a splitter a quick touch up with trusty halfords gloss black spray can to get ride of some of the abuse the front end has taken! actually came out really well.

generic front end off photo.

z2_zpsp25ptgrz.jpg

managed to get hold of the rear pair of 7 twenty wheels too, they are pretty cool, 10.5 et15 with a 25mm spacer! loads of dish and a really nice finish

z3_zpsbi7dyjgr.jpg

and here they are on the car

z4_zpsjxo3rydr.jpg

initially i wasnt a massive fan of them and wondered if i had f*cked up by selling my xxrs, but they have grown on me and the fact i can use my lock kit out weighs anything really! 7 twenty have been in touch with me and want to do a feature on my car too which is awesome! hopefully some time soon.

i wanted to do something with the back end as i thought it was lacking some jazz so i impulse bought a top secret style diffuser on driftworks for quite cheap, its actually made for a r34 skyline apparently, its going to take some chopping to get it to fit but ill find a way.

z1_zpsqymjs9tp.jpg

Went to have a watch at 3 sisters yesterday as they had a bdc vs driftcup demo/practise day on. met up with a few guys who are on this forum too one of them was drifting (if thats what you call it ;) ) so was nice to watch and support (mainly take the p*ss)

heres a few photos that emerged from the day

z5.png_zpsttuxjezy.jpeg

z6.png_zpsujtmt6uh.jpeg

z7.png_zps8w3aejrn.jpeg

z8.png_zpscmyadum3.jpeg

thats all for now, stay tuned for more :)

• Like 1

Scrapes just love kisses

So what's next after the new rear wheels plans wise?

haha it doesnt sound like love kisses alot of the time! not too sure man, front of my cage is getting finished in april, i want some skirt diffusers and a rear diffuser and then maybe look into wings....... and eventually some kind of graphics for those japan feels!

Cover it in blackboard paint and doodle, dare you.

All sounds awesome and you need rear wheel pics soon, meant to PM you about the cage actually I sent Huxley a message but didn't get a reply.

i asked hux about your message, he said just message him again :)

Thanks everyone, yeh it's coming along now, hopefully a few of you will attend the shelsley breakfast club again this year.

Managed to get my rear diffuser on last night. Took a fair bit of chopping but relatively happy with the outcome.

Here it is

image_zpsb4vimxn8.jpg

• Like 3

I like that short gun exhaust. Works well with the diffuser. Bet it's loud.

You are really low and I don't see that diffuser lasting mate😳!

cheers mate! it was really loud, but ive put a silencer in now so its alot better! haha yeh luckily its not the lowest part of the car so should be ok..... fingers crossed!

Saw on instagram, looks so sweet.

Wheels are so hard, awesome e30 too

+1 Both awesome machines...325i? Undecided on the over fenders...

cheers man! it was a 318is but now has a m50 2.5 in it! yeh he put the arches on it and decided he hated it haha! so hes taking them off now, but he had to chop the arch so waiting on new arches :wacko:

• Like 1

I like the arches, but then im a massive rocket bunny fan, massive.

I just followed you other day after you posted up on here, as 'shredlover' mostly pictures of my dogs and snow but thought I should start using it for progress on the zed too, skidz coming soon

cheers man! it was a 318is but now has a m50 2.5 in it! yeh he put the arches on it and decided he hated it haha! so hes taking them off now, but he had to chop the arch so waiting on new arches :wacko:

Nice; I think that is out of the e34 (another cool machine) right? Shame he had to cut the arches :lol:

Nice; I think that is out of the e34 (another cool machine) right? Shame he had to cut the arches :lol:

I think it was out of an e36, they are the earlier types with the iron block so can take a lot more abuse, standard they are about 190bhp so with a few simple mods can be taken over 200 easily. Good fun in a little stripped or e30 😀

• Like 1

Discs should have a slight blue tinge to them after correctly bedding in, you said you had recent new discs / pads?

I had new pads on the front but the discs were ok so didn't bother with them. After checking the original photo it is just the way I've edited the photo as to why the discs look funky!